Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 RA Salvatore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  03:24:55  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
OK, so I don't normally feel the need to delve into the personal lives of my favourite authors or anything like that and I mean no disrespect, but I read an interview at http://www.powells.com/blog/qa/powells-qa-r-a-salvatore-by-r-a-salvatore/ with RAS the other day and he said this:

Q. How do you relax?
A. Weight lifting/exercise/softball. I relax by getting in a sweat and working up a little (fierce) competition. When I get into this mode, it blurs out the world; I think about nothing but the task at hand. That, to me, is relaxation.

Or, on the flip side, I sit on the beach at Ka'anapali (Maui) with my beautiful wife, Chi Chi, in hand.

Was this a joke or has RAS remarried? I'm only curious because I have grown up reading this guy and it is almost like finding out my parents have split up. I also know that RAS says his writing is him making sense of the world and wonder if Dahlia isn't the product of relationship woes in real life. Once again, I mean no disrespect, I was just curious if anyone else knew or picked up on this.

Thanks

9thChapter
Learned Scribe

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  06:02:02  Show Profile  Visit 9thChapter's Homepage Send 9thChapter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

OK, so I don't normally feel the need to delve into the personal lives of my favourite authors or anything like that and I mean no disrespect, but I read an interview at http://www.powells.com/blog/qa/powells-qa-r-a-salvatore-by-r-a-salvatore/ with RAS the other day and he said this:

Q. How do you relax?
A. Weight lifting/exercise/softball. I relax by getting in a sweat and working up a little (fierce) competition. When I get into this mode, it blurs out the world; I think about nothing but the task at hand. That, to me, is relaxation.

Or, on the flip side, I sit on the beach at Ka'anapali (Maui) with my beautiful wife, Chi Chi, in hand.

Was this a joke or has RAS remarried? I'm only curious because I have grown up reading this guy and it is almost like finding out my parents have split up. I also know that RAS says his writing is him making sense of the world and wonder if Dahlia isn't the product of relationship woes in real life. Once again, I mean no disrespect, I was just curious if anyone else knew or picked up on this.

Thanks

A chi chi is a frozen vodka cocktail.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2812.html

A good one, as well.

No drama required. You may rest easy.

Fantasy author of The Rithhek Cage series

http://darrentpatrick.com/the-rithhek-cage-trilogy/
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  17:19:13  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe that's just a nickname he has for Diane?

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  23:36:35  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did he put all those commas in. If you drop the one after Chi Chi, it's something in his hand, not his wife.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2013 :  02:58:16  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Thanks for the clarification...I thought I might have been on to something with Dahlia...I guess not. I will rest easy. As for the commas he could still have been holding a woman's hand on the beach.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000