Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Truth and Justice in an Inclusive World
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2013 :  13:33:59  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Erik, if they have the right to propagate their hate filled views then we certainly have the right to oppose said views.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2013 :  01:20:53  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Courts decide the constitutionality of Gay Marriage. Your vote doesn't matter sleyvas. Democracy is not mob rule.
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2013 :  05:48:35  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

Courts decide the constitutionality of Gay Marriage. Your vote doesn't matter sleyvas. Democracy is not mob rule.

Courts may decide the constitutionality of gay marriage. It all depends on the arguments used, evidence presented, and the interpretations of the Constitution used by the individual justices. I actually expect the Supreme Court to punt on the entire affair, and send it back to the lower courts.

There's a joke circulating in Washington State: "You know how the Bible says if a man lies with another man, he is to be stoned? We've just enacted gay marriage and the legalization of marijuana. Coincidence? I think not."
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2013 :  19:17:10  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Canada the courts legalized gay marriages in all but a province (my province - the premier threatened to use some clause to get out of it. Alberta has the lowest public support for gay rights, gay marriage, etc. at 45% or so.) and two territories. But then the federal government (House of Commons) legalized it nationwide (essentially just forcing it on my province). The current Prime Minister (of the Conservative Party) said he would try to abolish it but once he came to power he hasn't actually done anything about it. Just recently a bill protecting sexual minorities (transgendered, transexual, etc. ) Many of those who opposed it just thought it was redundant because people were protected from discrimination based on their sex. A Member of Parliament from my city said it would allow men to dress as women and rape women though, he's a special person.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000