Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Chat
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  23:50:24  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I Know someone mentioned a chat area on IRC, I believe it was MuaDib, If someone would be willing to bring that up for common knowledge I would be pleased.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.

Edited by - Alaundo on 29 Jan 2004 20:24:44

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  07:30:32  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
okies

go too www.mirc.co.uk or any other such site, download the MIRC client.

Once it is installed, enter some arbitrary information in the main screen that pops up, then close that, and then in the main cat window, type:

/server irc.nixus.org 6667

This will then connect you to the Nixus network, which is one I frequent and is one which is run by good friends of mine. I will create a channel there called 'Candlekeep' which all are welcome to join.

First though, one will need to register a nickname.

/msg nickserv register 'password' (or something along those lines, /ms nickserv register help if im wrong)

it will mail you a password or some such and then you can activate your nickname.

I dont know the times that I will be there but i urge all chatters to make a point of going there, and should i not be there just send me a memo so I know you came (/msg memoserv send Ninja_Mo)

My nick on the network is Ninja_Mo. My suggestion is to stay out of the #highveld channel (/join # ' channel name to join ') as it is a radio station channel. Basically any other channel wil be good if you are alone and want to chat though. Just tell them you are a forum acquaintance of Ninja_Mo's and they will help you with whatever you need.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Bayne
Seeker

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  14:16:24  Show Profile  Visit Bayne's Homepage Send Bayne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MuadDib

okies

go too www.mirc.co.uk or any other such site, download the MIRC client.

Once it is installed, enter some arbitrary information in the main screen that pops up, then close that, and then in the main cat window, type:

/server irc.nixus.org 6667

This will then connect you to the Nixus network, which is one I frequent and is one which is run by good friends of mine. I will create a channel there called 'Candlekeep' which all are welcome to join.

First though, one will need to register a nickname.

/msg nickserv register 'password' (or something along those lines, /ms nickserv register help if im wrong)

it will mail you a password or some such and then you can activate your nickname.

I dont know the times that I will be there but i urge all chatters to make a point of going there, and should i not be there just send me a memo so I know you came (/msg memoserv send Ninja_Mo)

My nick on the network is Ninja_Mo. My suggestion is to stay out of the #highveld channel (/join # ' channel name to join ') as it is a radio station channel. Basically any other channel wil be good if you are alone and want to chat though. Just tell them you are a forum acquaintance of Ninja_Mo's and they will help you with whatever you need.

Now, I think there is a Nexus server located in the server option once you start in a drop down menu called Nexusirc:random server. Would that be it?

Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elyhinn dal lil alust
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  18:47:20  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
opening a seperate scroll labeled dune, he heres in the back of his head a chant MUADIB, MUADIB, MUADIB. Closing the scroll trafaldi looks at MuaDib. Hmm interesting... Thanks for the info.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000