Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Whats your favourate?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  20:23:56  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
OK everyone it's poll time again. I own all the Harper novels and am currently on The Night Parade. To help me decide what to read next what's your favourate Harper novel?

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  00:19:16  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Harper books you shuld read one about Cyric...
But could you tel me what they are about at least who the heros are.
And are they any god ?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  05:25:11  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valdar Oakensong

To help me decide what to read next what's your favourate Harper novel?

Elfshadow.
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  09:09:35  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ditto to Elfshadow.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  15:19:24  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Ring of Winter without any doubt.. for my own part :D
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  16:19:47  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are 16 in the series and every book tells a different story. Various authors wrote them, different heroes in nearly every book. The ones that I have read are pretty good.
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

Harper books you shuld read one about Cyric...
But could you tel me what they are about at least who the heros are.
And are they any god ?

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  08:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elfsong, actually, with Elfshadow a close second. Drizzt is good, but Danilo's my favorite Realms character of all time.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

CurseLord
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  09:05:43  Show Profile  Visit CurseLord's Homepage Send CurseLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

I agree, Ring of Winter is a must.
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  20:58:26  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just started ring of winter today and I must say it seems very good. now where did I leave that whip and hat
quote:
Originally posted by CurseLord

quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

I agree, Ring of Winter is a must.

Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  22:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everyone seems to like The Ring of Winter which was probably one of my least favorite Harper novels.

I think The Crypt of the Shadowking and The Curse of the Shadowmage were very good but The Parched Sea would have to be my favorite.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  22:28:07  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Veiled Dragon is one that sticks with me the most. Excellent novel. Also, Masquerades is also a very good read....make sure you have read the Finders Stone Trilogy beforehand.

Incidently, im currently reading book 14 - Stormlight.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  03:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked Masquerades and Night Masks.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000