Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Yanseldara and Vaerana Hawklyn
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  00:17:45  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
You sages would know this I believe; I was reading up on Elversult this weekend and it hit me that these two are probably lovers, but the watered down 2nd edition morality code wouldn't let it be outright stated.

Am I correct in this? I may have to go re-read The Veiled Dragon (god forbid). If so, that is very neat to see a lesbian couple ruling a city in the Realms. The only lesbians I remember reading about were the pirates in the Drizzt novels who had Wulfgar's hammer for a while.

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  00:31:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Seravin.
Yes, the two rulers are indeed lovers. Stating it as he did was as far as Ed could go (or the editorial hand of the day let him) back then.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  00:46:06  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow--Thanks THO! I don't know why I never picked up on that before. Very neat and progressive of Ed for the time especially. Are there any other homosexual rulers in the realms (male or female)? Or is that NDA?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  00:56:06  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. There are lots, but I think they might still be NDA/we won't confirm. I'll nudge Ed to try to find out...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  01:04:13  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha that is interesting...if Ed is able to disclose any that would be neat! Otherwise I will just speculate (hehe). Thanks again for your information, as always!
Go to Top of Page

Darsson Spellmaker
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  05:23:35  Show Profile Send Darsson Spellmaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The goddess Llira was said to have been lovers with her High Revelmistress, if you count goddesses as rulers.

"Know, O mages, that there is learning, and there is wisdom, and they are very far from being the same thing."--Azuth the High One, Utterances from the Altar: Collected Verbal Manifestations of the Divine and Most Holy Lord of Spells (holy chapbook, assembled by anonymous priests of Azuth circa 1358 DR)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  05:29:37  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you read my story "The Greater Treasure" in Realms of the Elves, it notes that the relationship is pretty commonly known in the city as a romantic one. So yeah.

And there's always Alustriel.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000