Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Servant of the Shard [Warning Spoiler]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Galothean
Acolyte

South Africa
6 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  14:05:53  Show Profile  Visit Galothean's Homepage Send Galothean a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This is a very interesting book. Here we have the classic villain turned to a sort of heroic character. At first I hated Artemis Entreri when he was the assassin going after Drizzt (who protected Regis and was Entreri’s greatest challenge) but now I find myself liking him. Will he somehow change his ways?

Then of course there is Jaraxle Baenre (which I only learned now). He is a very interesting drow, to say the least. It would seem that he too has escaped the Abyss but what is he looking for and what is his story?

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  17:32:15  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its jarlaxle banere?

-Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:55:27  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is indeed Jarlaxle Baenre, third son of House Baenre. What he is after, well what he's always after. Power :)

I would like to see a novel featuring his story and the creation of Bregan De'Aerthe (sp?). He also mentions at a point that he knew Drizzt's father Zaknafein and did indeed beat him in a duel once

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  22:35:55  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah i sorta figured he was a Banere in the last sentence of the book...sorry

great book though i give it 3.5 stars

-Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000