Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Favorite WoTSQ scenes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danilo Thann
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2004 :  14:59:38  Show Profile  Visit Danilo Thann's Homepage Send Danilo Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
****POSSIBLE SPOILERS THROUGHOUT******

So I read about this idea in another scroll....would anybody be interested in sharing their favorite scenes/matchups from this IMO fantastic series of books? Some that stick out in my mind:

Dissolution, it's a toss up, either when Pharaun has his second, more prepared showdown with the alhoon, or when he finally pays back his sister (Greyanna??) for her repeated attempts to kill him.

Insurrection, a few to choose from. I thought it was very interesting when Pharaun had his little banter with Alissza while passing through Hellgate, quite entertaining. For a fight scene I would say when Jeggred goes headlong after the giant spider, get's tossed, and keeps going!!

Condemnation, I could really go on and on. I think I would have to choose the battle between Gromph and the lich-drow, who would have thought THAT could happen?? Also the battle at the Pillars of Woe and the major drow houses taking a bit of whipping.

One last thing, did I detect a bit of budding romance between Ryld and Halisstra, seems unlikely for drow, but even they MUST fall in love from time to time. Any thoughts?

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2004 :  20:51:13  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dissolution - when Ryld is injured and has a badly bleeding leg and Pharaun casts web between them both, leaving Ryld trapped with the persuing drow whilst Pharaun escapes! Sudden treachery! Excellently done!

Ill have a think of some more

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  03:53:26  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danilo Thann

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS THROUGHOUT******

One last thing, did I detect a bit of budding romance between Ryld and Halisstra, seems unlikely for drow, but even they MUST fall in love from time to time. Any thoughts?

Major Spoiler for those not in possession of Book IV, like me.

A poster on the WOTC board has stated that romance develops between two party members of this ragged bunch.

Based upon the evidence that you've alluded to in your quote (Best summarized by Halisstra's words at the end of Book 3, "She would not fight for Lolth again, but she would fight for her companions, Ryld in particular") and the jacket blurb for Book IV, the romantic duo most likely appears to be Ryld and Halisstra.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  03:57:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and my favorite moment of the series so far. Hmm, has to be

"You are such a male!"

Quenthel to the randy Phaeraun after a certain alu-fiend's parting to him in Insurrection. I bet Thomas Reid loved writing Aliisza as she can steal every scene ala Mercutio in a certain popular play.
Go to Top of Page

Danilo Thann
Acolyte

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  04:18:04  Show Profile  Visit Danilo Thann's Homepage Send Danilo Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sirius, you have a copy of Extinction, when was it released in the U.S.? That is where you are correct? Just curious
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  04:56:22  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I'm correct, Extinction wasn't released yet.....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2004 :  04:58:03  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
however, there is a little 7 page preview, and my favorite drow scenes have got to be with Nimor Imphraezl, infiltrating Faen Tlabbars, meeting with Dyrr, and with the other Jaezred Chaulssin.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2004 :  15:14:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Extinction has been available in the US via FRP Games for almost two weeks. That vendor is where I got my copy that was delivered last Thursday. I read the book in just over a day. To my knowledge, half.com also has the book available now as well.

Spoilers below for those not in possession of this book as Sirius has a new favorite scene:

"How then?" he [Ryld] asked. "Has Lolth reawakened?"

Halisstra laughed scornfully and said, "Let's check. Are you awake, Lolth? Can you see this?"

Smiling fiercely, she made a blasphemous gesture, flipping her hand palm-up, fingers curled in the sign for a dead spider.

You go with your bad self Halisstra! And good luck to you on what you are about to attempt.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000