Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Mulmaster in 1479 / Church of Bane
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drkissinger1
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2012 :  01:53:22  Show Profile  Visit drkissinger1's Homepage Send drkissinger1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings all. I'm running my current 4E campaign in the Moonsea in 1479, and the party has made their way from humble hinterlands origins to Mulmaster proper.

As far as I can tell, the last detailed description of the political situation in Mulmaster was in Mysteries of the Moonsea, which is now a century out of date. Furthermore, the FRCG is very vague about the city; it only mentions that it is still governed by a council of Blades to some extent and is the seat of the Chosen Tyrant of the Church of Bane.

Is it mentioned in any official Realms novel or other source who, exactly, the current High Blade and Chosen Tyrant are? I'll be happy to make up some villainous personalities, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2012 :  09:16:43  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Blades of the Moonsea novels

z455t
Go to Top of Page

drkissinger1
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2012 :  21:56:35  Show Profile  Visit drkissinger1's Homepage Send drkissinger1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. I've only read the first of those - Swordmage, I believe - and if I recall correctly, it was set almost entirely in the much less interesting town of Hulburg. Do Corsair and Avenger deal more prominently with Mulmaster?
Go to Top of Page

drkissinger1
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2012 :  22:04:20  Show Profile  Visit drkissinger1's Homepage Send drkissinger1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, ok, now I remember Swordmage included some details about a noble house in Mulmaster attempting to seize proxy control of Hulburg.

Even so, there wasn't much detail - if any at all - about how the Church of Bane runs things in the city. I assume I'll have to invent those details.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2012 :  05:14:05  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drkissinger1

I assume I'll have to invent those details.
I think you will too. FWIW I'd sure like to know more about Bane in the 1400s era of the Realms too. Here's to hoping they print more info on the faith.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2012 :  12:27:47  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The High Blade springs up in conversations, but not even his name is revealed. No references to the High Imperceptor eitha

z455t
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000