Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Magisters, after 3e?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2012 :  08:13:27  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Talatha Vaerovree is the Magister, as of 1370 DR (Secrets of the Magister, page 85).

Who comes after her? Do any 4e Realms products (or scrolls here on Candlekeep) continue the awesome biographical sketches that appeared in Secrets of the Magister?

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2012 :  10:30:03  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's short story in Realms of the Dead (The Many Murders of Manshoon) has the "Last Magister" in it, Talatha Vaerovree of Innarlith. She dies from the Spellplague.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2012 :  18:13:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And after her, there would be no more. Maybe in the future, but not during the post-plague, pre-5e era.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2012 :  18:32:40  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, I see. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2012 :  18:31:29  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Until, of course, there's a Mystra again, who wants Magisters!
(In other words, be not so downcast, xaeyruudh. Geez, I feel like a narrator of THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD: "All except . . . the clown!")
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2012 :  20:04:22  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

(In other words, be not so downcast, xaeyruudh. Geez, I feel like a narrator of THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD: "All except . . . the clown!")
love,
THO

To be candid, Fair Lady, as long as you and Ed are designing, playing, and sharing, whether it be (straying into heresy here) here or elsewhere, Faerun or other worlds... I'm not downcast.

Although I do freely admit to having strong feelings about much that been inflicted on the Realms by non-Ed forces, and often voicing those feelings in a manner which is likely too-vitriolic-to-be-pragmatic.

Anyway... I am one among many who are eagerly looking forward to seeing the fixes in store.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2012 :  22:03:37  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Maybe in the future, but not during the post-plague, pre-5e era.
Accent, mine.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2012 :  02:52:24  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Ed's short story in Realms of the Dead (The Many Murders of Manshoon) has the "Last Magister" in it, Talatha Vaerovree of Innarlith. She dies from the Spellplague.

Hence the reason why I put last magister in "".

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly