Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Citadel of the Bloody Hand (Waterdeep)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  09:45:02  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met folks,

I've always found the Citadel of the Bloody Hand fascinating, with all its connections with the sewers of Waterdeep, Piergeiron's Palace, Harpers Bold, and so on...
Ed and THO say this is an old geomorph with a lot of traps. Of course they can't reveal more ; Eric Boyd gently gave us lore in the Waterdeep's 3e book.

But has anyone ever mapped the Citadel ? (except Ed )

Volo (who hasn't understood why any of the TSR's chief never put this dungeon to a sourcebook... )

Edited by - Marco Volo on 09 Jul 2012 09:46:06

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  16:13:07  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep?

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  16:18:57  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, it's not in the Volo's Guide. It's a dungeon crafted in Mount Waterdeep.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  17:32:00  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, I see. Was just curious what sourcebook it might be found in. It does sound interesting.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  18:52:46  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo

Well met folks,

I've always found the Citadel of the Bloody Hand fascinating, with all its connections with the sewers of Waterdeep, Piergeiron's Palace, Harpers Bold, and so on...
Ed and THO say this is an old geomorph with a lot of traps. Of course they can't reveal more ; Eric Boyd gently gave us lore in the Waterdeep's 3e book.

But has anyone ever mapped the Citadel ? (except Ed )

Volo (who hasn't understood why any of the TSR's chief never put this dungeon to a sourcebook... )

I believe the first referene was Ruins of Undermountain, but it's possible there's something in FR1. I think there are references in Steven's City of Splendors boxed set and also a Dragon article (or was that FOR4?) about a Harper lair connected to it. I tried to expand on it some in City of Splendors: Waterdeep. There's also a brief mention of it in Expedition to Undermountain in the chapter I wrote.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2012 :  08:04:51  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I believe the first referene was Ruins of Undermountain, but it's possible there's something in FR1. I think there are references in Steven's City of Splendors boxed set and also a Dragon article (or was that FOR4?) about a Harper lair connected to it. I tried to expand on it some in City of Splendors: Waterdeep. There's also a brief mention of it in Expedition to Undermountain in the chapter I wrote.

--Eric

Absolutely. FR1 et CoS were the first sources. There is also a Dragon article by Steven that is called "I sing a song in the Deepwater Bay", about "Harper's Hold" which is connected to the Citadel, but again, without map. I repeat : connected to Undermountain, and so much things around Castle Ward and Mount Waterdeep : I'd love to have un big article about this dungeon. No matter which game's edition would be chosen, every DM would use his and would adapt the donjon. GIVE US THE MAAAAAP PLEASE !

Edited by - Marco Volo on 10 Jul 2012 08:05:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000