Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Flying Cities
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2011 :  08:44:45  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The air from the Elemental Plane of Air is lighter than the one in the Prime, right? So, if it's even possible, why not import air from said plane and contain it in some powerful, magical vessel anchored into a piece of land (e.g. mountain) you want to float?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2011 :  19:50:43  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

The air from the Elemental Plane of Air is lighter than the one in the Prime, right? So, if it's even possible, why not import air from said plane and contain it in some powerful, magical vessel anchored into a piece of land (e.g. mountain) you want to float?

I mentioned something like that on the first page. In Sandstorm they have blocks of crystallized air from the Elemental Chaos supporting the buildings in Upper Calimport. I'm sure that idea could be easily adapted to the Plane of Air for pre-Elemental Chaos times. As a side note, if I remember right, the blocks themselves are crystal clear so walking on them can be a little disorienting.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2011 :  20:01:34  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Interesting. Which reminds me, I have to go and get that book soon.

Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  12:29:10  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tha air from the Elamental Air is not lighter

there's a 9th level spell called Skycastle that does all the work, tough the affected building moves slowly

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2011 :  18:02:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

there's a 9th level spell called Skycastle that does all the work, tough the affected building moves slowly

What book is that spell in?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  00:38:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I'm going from memory, but I think it was a 3e spell from a core D&D source.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  04:16:31  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There are those anti-gravitational devices used in Aliens in the Attic. Archmages can invent artifacts, or even constructs that function similarly, with a wide range of effect.

Edited by - Dennis on 02 Nov 2011 04:32:11
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  09:42:17  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I'm going from memory, but I think it was a 3e spell from a core D&D source.

Possibly it was converted, in 2nd edition it is in Wizard's Spell Compendium vol. 3

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000