Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 WotC authors on www.StoryPortals.com
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2011 :  14:38:46  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
If you read fantasy short fiction, you've probably heard of Martin H. Greenburg, editor of many, many anthologies. Larry Segriff co-edited quite a few of these.

Larry's new project is StoryPortals, an online anthology focusing on three different story lines. You've got a female assassin in a fantasy world with a Arabian flavor, a thief in an Asian-inspired setting, and a modern-day hedge witch practicing in Minnesota.

Bel Thorne, the hedge witch, made her debute this week with five short stories. Authors include Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell and Richard Lee Byers. Both stories are solid, entertaining tales.

Richard also wrote a short story about Katya, the assassin. Well worth reading--lots of action, nice twists, and a skillful use of flashbacks to tell a story within a story.

I hope you'll stop by and check out the site. You'll also find stories by several other writers who are no strangers to shared-world fiction, including Tim Waggoner, Will McDermott, and Keith R.A. DeCandido.

www.storyportals.com

Mod Edit: Fixed slight typo in scroll title.

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Oct 2011 16:09:57

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2011 :  15:35:28  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks worth keeping an eye on.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2011 :  16:11:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A fine selection.

Definitely a worthwhile bookmark. And I notice Waggoner's on board too. Great! I'm really coming to love his books.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2011 :  18:18:23  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nifty. It has been bookmarked.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000