Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FR players guide
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  02:07:47  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone heard any new news on this.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  07:22:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beyond what's already been said here, you mean?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  10:19:00  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone in the official boards posted about the prestige classes in PgtF, one was a specialty priest of Lathander but I don't remember the others.
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  14:55:54  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any brand new info.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  17:32:45  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only thing ive heard is that latest Realms events will be listed within. Always hoped they would do a yearly accessory just breaking the events down month by month

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  02:16:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Other than the fact that it is scheduled to be released around March 2004, and the other few tidbits that have been mentioned here, information on this product is virtually non-existent.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  20:20:30  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich Baker recently posted it's table of contents on the Official Board.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  05:48:01  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you provide a link to whatever message board this is?

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  16:37:50  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Could you provide a link to whatever message board this is?

Try this one, it's taken from the ENWorld main board and should still be functional.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1515358#post1515358
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  22:10:51  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Looks interesting. And there are some chapters and how to role-play, so maybe it isn't the krunchy mess we thought it would be.

Still, Sage'll probably want to tear out Chapter Nine.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:44:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm, I think you may have meant 'Chapter 8' - The Cosmology of Toril.

Anyway, after looking through the 'modified' cosmology of the DLCS 3e cosmology I have been thinking strongly about the differences between established D&D planar cosmology and separate campaign setting cosmologies.

I haven't reached any appreciable conclusions yet, but needless to say, I (and a number of friends) have undertaken a nice 'little' project to bring the entire comsologies of a select number of settings into one unique and coherent tapestry. I am working with a number of PS online community devotees and hope to have some basic information ready for viewing soon.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:51:04  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a big book.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:51:58  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Bookwyrm, I think you may have meant 'Chapter 8' - The Cosmology of Toril.

Anyway, after looking through the 'modified' cosmology of the DLCS 3e cosmology I have been thinking strongly about the differences between established D&D planar cosmology and separate campaign setting cosmologies.

I haven't reached any appreciable conclusions yet, but needless to say, I (and a number of friends) have undertaken a nice 'little' project to bring the entire comsologies of a select number of settings into one unique and coherent tapestry. I am working with a number of PS online community devotees and hope to have some basic information ready for viewing soon.

William:

Yes!!! :Dances on computer desk:
Thank you Sage......

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  04:28:46  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::Bookwyrm counts on his fingers::

Eight? Nine? Grr. I was never good with this 'number' stuff . . . .

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  05:06:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
William of Waterdeep said -
quote:
Thank you Sage......
If you are really that excited William, and interested in helping out, I can get the 'high-up' man to send you some details, and then you can determine whether or not you want to contribute.

Sound good?...

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  17:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Hmm. Looks interesting. And there are some chapters and how to role-play, so maybe it isn't the krunchy mess we thought it would be.
What chapters are those?

If nothing else, it's clear that Player's Guide to Faerûn is a misnomer.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  17:20:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just assuming it from some of those titles. I don't know exactly what is in them, but I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt. Even though Wizards isn't known for its fluffiness . . . .

Why is it a misnomer?

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  00:26:58  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A player's guide to Faerûn would have the information about Faerûn that you need to be a player. This book is basically an assembly of rules updates -- to 'DM things' (monsters and magic items) as well as 'player things' -- with some *more* rules bitz (to appeal to those who love that stuff, including non-Realms gamers), planes information, and a timeline update (the latter two also more DM-oriented). I don't see how the word 'player' in the title is more than a sales tactic.

And again, using 'fluff' to mean 'world content' is an insult to everyone who ever wrote anything without game rules attached.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  02:23:22  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I don't see how the word 'player' in the title is more than a sales tactic.

I can understand those feelings. Perhaps 3.5 Realms update would have been a better title. But, I don't think anyone is surprised that this book will contain a great deal of previously published materials with some editing.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  05:59:34  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I certainly don't see how that's an insult, and I've writen plenty. And it's not 'world' content -- it's story. The world is described by the rules. We've got plenty of rules. I'm glad to see anything coming from Wizards that suggests something more than dice rolling and feats . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  20:52:28  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard Baker said in the official boards that they were going to cut some of the content in PGtF.

See it here :
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44746&perpage=30&pagenumber=19

Edited by - Bladesinger on 24 Oct 2003 20:56:55
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  22:06:50  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bladesinger

Richard Baker said in the official boards that they were going to cut some of the content in PGtF.

See it here :
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44746&perpage=30&pagenumber=19

Hopefully it will reappear as a Web Enhancement on the WotC site soon after though

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  22:11:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sage, if the project you mentioned earlier is still open, I'd like to help.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  22:07:33  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

William of Waterdeep said -
quote:
Thank you Sage......
If you are really that excited William, and interested in helping out, I can get the 'high-up' man to send you some details, and then you can determine whether or not you want to contribute.

Sound good?...

YIKES:
Sorry so slow in replying...I missed this some how.
Yes, I am interested Sage, if this offer still stands.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  05:41:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent....

I'll be speaking with the 'high-up' man next week when I visit his 'virtual-kip'. I'll send both your, and Arivia's detailed interest in helping out with this 'little' project.

I contact you both by ethereal mail soon with some extra details.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  06:27:24  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose I could offer to be a newbie sounding board, to see if things are dumbed down enough.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  06:38:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An interesting proposal. It certainly deserves to be brought up in discussion at the next meeting. I'll ask the 'high-up' man the next time I speak to him. Even if he doesn't like the idea, I still might send some information along, for you to look over, just to get a fresh and...as you say 'newbie' perspective.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  10:31:44  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Excellent....

I'll be speaking with the 'high-up' man next week when I visit his 'virtual-kip'. I'll send both your, and Arivia's detailed interest in helping out with this 'little' project.

I contact you both by ethereal mail soon with some extra details.

Thanks......... but why don't you use e-mail instead of ethereal mail...okay i'm going,i'm going.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  11:33:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to use Astral Mail (thank you Orion's Arm...), but the technology does not exist yet.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  12:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ack, at least this doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  06:25:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huh???...

What do you mean?.

Edited by - The Sage on 27 Oct 2003 06:26:14
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000