Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Undarl.....???????
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2010 :  04:15:59  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In the novel Elminster - The Making of the Mage.....what kind of being was the Mage Royal- Undarl ...the dragon thing????????

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2010 :  04:25:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Undarl was actually a Malaugrym or Shadowmaster, who possessed the body of a yuan-ti on Toril. [src: "The Athalantan Campaign" DRAGON #228]

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2010 :  10:07:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, even better than that, Undarl was Malaug himself.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2010 :  10:36:26  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2010 :  11:05:40  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoo Aahhhh we have a winner.......I like it!!!!! is that canon George????? I hope so.......

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2010 :  12:16:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

Was this ever referenced in an official source, George, because I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I might have missed it?

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2010 :  14:08:35  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's Canon in my Realms now...
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2010 :  08:11:53  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You guys might want to read Ed's addendum to "Elminster: The Making of a Mage" in the "Annotated Elminster" collection hardcover.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2010 :  08:17:41  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well now...that WOULD explain why they dislike El so much...the Malaugrym that is.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2010 :  08:55:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You guys might want to read Ed's addendum to "Elminster: The Making of a Mage" in the "Annotated Elminster" collection hardcover.

-- George Krashos

And I was right! I'd previously read it, but missed recalling the reference during this most recent discussion.

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Jul 2010 08:56:57
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2010 :  10:02:13  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

I don't have that book, yet I will take your word for it!

I figure I will be snopping around the local Half Priced Books Stores for it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000