Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Can't remember which FR book this was...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

canine
Acolyte

Ukraine
3 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2010 :  03:13:01  Show Profile  Visit canine's Homepage Send canine a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
And I only remember one scene. Maybe it will be enough for someone to remember though. I'd like to get this book again.

The scene I remember is of Artemis Entreri hiding inside someones house near the beginning of the book. He hollows out the inside of their bed and waits there to strike. Afterwards, the town guards come, but Artemis is again hidden inside the bed, and he waits there until the guards finally leave and then escapes.

I know its not much to go on, but anyone recognize this?

Awesome sig coming to a post near you

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2010 :  08:50:31  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Servant of the Shard, I suppose. That's definitely not Starless Night nor is it Legacy. And it's not one of the Sellswords trilogy.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sandro
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
266 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2010 :  09:00:52  Show Profile Send Sandro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maaaaaybe Servant of The Shard (which, incidentally, is part of the Sellswords Trilogy, but was originally part of Paths of Darkness), but other than that I have no idea.

"Gods, little fishes, and spells to turn the one to the other," Mordenkainen sighed. "It's started already..."

Edited by - Sandro on 10 May 2010 09:01:21
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2010 :  16:44:15  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That scene is in Servant of the Shard, chapter 3.
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
748 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2010 :  08:27:36  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lady Fellshot is correct. It is during an assassination (or retrieval of an important object) mission in Luskan as I recall...

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2010 :  03:03:50  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by canine

And I only remember one scene. Maybe it will be enough for someone to remember though. I'd like to get this book again.

The scene I remember is of Artemis Entreri hiding inside someones house near the beginning of the book. He hollows out the inside of their bed and waits there to strike. Afterwards, the town guards come, but Artemis is again hidden inside the bed, and he waits there until the guards finally leave and then escapes.

I just remembered this thread. Others answered it right away, and then it disappeared for a while.

Actually, all of you guys are confusing two separate scenes from two different novels:

• In The Silent Blade, Chapter 9, Basadoni soldiers come after Entreri in an inn in Calimport, and he escapes out the window.

• In Servant of the Shard, Chapter 3, Entreri sneaks into Morik the Rogue's room in a Luskan inn and hollows out a hiding place in the bed, surprises Morik, then leaves out the front door and re-sets all the locks and wards that Morik had originally placed there.

So you see, those were actually two different scenes from different books.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2010 :  04:06:17  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AH! No wonder I felt hesitant about answer! I remember clearly scene with Morik.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000