Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Rotting Man and The Nentyarch
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2010 :  03:32:59  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows the current happenings of The Rotting Man (Chosen of Talona), and his enemy, the Nentyarch?

I know pre-spellplague, The Rotting Man ousted the Nentyarch from The Rawlinswood and into his hold in The Forest of Lyther. There was a pretty even battle between the Talona Blightlords and The circle of Lyth.

Any information on the post-spellplague struggle? Thanks in advance. ;)

Strife026
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2010 :  00:54:01  Show Profile  Visit Strife026's Homepage Send Strife026 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Rotting Man and the Blight lords were killed sometime after the Spellplague hit. The Nentyarch is still active and he and the Circle are currently fighting the demons that were previously contain in the depths of Dun-Tharos but were released when the Rotting Man was killed.

So sayeth the FR Campaign Guide

Edited by - Strife026 on 18 Apr 2010 00:54:40
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  08:08:38  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WTH... couldn't we have had a novel about this plight? Such a good story and such a great plot. 4ED erased all that I loved. Bring back The Rotting Man!!! The Chosen of Talona!!!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  07:49:56  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could have sworn it was in a novel. One of the Priest Series.

I could be wrong...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  09:46:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I could have sworn it was in a novel. One of the Priest Series.

I could be wrong...

The Rotting Man was a significant part of the plot for Bruce Cordell's Lady of Poison novel.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  10:10:07  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lady of Poison...thanks Sage.

Was it any good?

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  12:57:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Lady of Poison...thanks Sage.

Was it any good?

Well, I'm a fan of Cordell's fiction. And I also like Talona-related Realmslore, so my opinion might be a little biased.

But I liked it.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  13:50:58  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no problem with Cordell.(I enjoyed Stardeep.)

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  18:20:25  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My long running high level campaign revolves around the endgame between the Nentyarch and the Rotting Man. Great stuff all around. Its a good setting for making even high-level PCs quake in their boots.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  20:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knight of the Gate

My long running high level campaign revolves around the endgame between the Nentyarch and the Rotting Man. Great stuff all around. Its a good setting for making even high-level PCs quake in their boots.

Details, man! Gory details, if you please!

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  21:42:05  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well to summarize... The PCs were awarded title, lands, and a dilapidated keep on the merchants run south of Trails End west of the Rwalinswood (in an area that is contested Damaran/ Impilturan land...the keep is actually a disused Impilturan border fort) with a handful of landed Knights answering to them. Whilst embroiled in politics with the Impilturan envoy the PCs get a report of a horrifying slaughter in one of their hamlets. This brings them smack into the middle of the battle between the RM and the Nentyarch... If you want more specifics, feel free to PM me. I don't want to bore other scribes with details of my own campaign.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2010 :  21:48:36  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should point out that the above campaign is set in 1369.

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2010 :  03:34:46  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there are elves in the novel Lady of Poison?? Like, main character elves, that is. I know the woods have Green elves and Copper elves, but just wondering if there are any as main characters.

Thanks again. :)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2010 :  04:11:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Does anyone know if there are elves in the novel Lady of Poison?? Like, main character elves, that is. I know the woods have Green elves and Copper elves, but just wondering if there are any as main characters.

Thanks again. :)

You know, I just can't remember. Sorry, but it's been a while since I've read the book. I can, at least, recall one or two elven characters... but not whether they were main characters and such.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000