Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Westgate and Dragon Coast in 800-1000 DR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2010 :  15:47:57  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all!
I'm trying to write a biography for a very old drow that was born in Westgate around 800-1000 DR (I'm still not sure how old she will be.) and I'm curious about the situation of that city and realm in this period.

Away with powergaming propaganda! | I <3 Powergaming!

Don't feed the trolls. Especially the clever ones.

sortell
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2010 :  07:57:05  Show Profile  Visit sortell's Homepage Send sortell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Westgate I know had a very troubled polical situation during this period. Starting in the mid 400s, rulership of Westgate changed hands countless times, each one failing to set up a lasting dynasty. At one point during the early 700s, Ichytu Xvim siezed control of the city and ruled in tyranny for about 20 years.
There was a powerful Vampire lord in control until about -286, and since the Westgate Manshoon clone was known to be a vampire, its plausable that vampires have been an ongoing problem throughout the city's history, but thats just an assumption
The regional history info for the Dragon Coast in the 3rd edition Campaign Setting has some light references to that period.
There may also be some random references in the 2nd edition Pirates of the Falling Stars book.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2010 :  08:04:46  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realms history is not my thing, but I think the Grand History of the Realms would be the place to look for this one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000