Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Aqua Adventures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  12:19:56  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Last night during our gaming session, the party finished their current adventure. As a general rule, I let them wander on their own for a while, but one of my PCs has gotten me into a bit of a problem. He is an Aquatic Elf (using specially made equipment to promote land travel) and has asked the other members of the group if they can return to his homeland to meet his family and check how they are.

I need any suggestions for things like Underwater Travel, Encounters and if possible, any adventures aimed at underwater.

Thanks.

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2003 :  05:57:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The FR adventure module Wyrmskull Throne is an excellent accessory/module for this type of thing. It is 2e though, so you may have a hard time finding it, but it is well worth the effort.

It is an entire (well almost) adventure run underwater.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Sep 2003 05:58:43
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2003 :  10:33:27  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only underwater adventures I know of (aside from The Wyrmskull Throne) are the D&D module: War Rafts of Kron and the AD&D module The Murky Deep. Not sure about the three modules which came from the Sahuaghin Monstrous Arcana (2nd ed. AD&D), they may just involve land attacks.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 06 Sep 2003 19:14:07
Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2003 :  12:32:11  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great stuff there, I'm downloading the Wyrmskull Throne to give it a go, before I do, what levels is it for?

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2003 :  03:20:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The modual should tell you inside.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2003 :  07:42:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Levels 4-to-7.

Although since you have probably already downloaded this module, I really don't know why I just posted this... silly old Sage....

Edited by - The Sage on 08 Sep 2003 07:43:27
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  14:42:27  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, there are a few hard to find ones that involve pirates, and on water battles. Could be an interesting way to mix the two chrons together and make one, giving them a real reason to even be on the water in the first place. Keeping in mind that land lovers will be FAR out of place even on a bot which is on the water lol.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  05:33:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 2e FR game accessory Pirates of the Fallen Stars has some great material for use in such pirate/aqua -type adventures. I would also suggest hunting down this tome. Unfortunately it is not available as a free download from WotC as some people think, but I did see it available on Ebay a while back...

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  16:53:40  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's not forget Sea of Fallen Stars, Steven Schend's Inner Sea sourcebook (to which The Wyrmskull Throne is an adventure supplement).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000