Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep Gen Con Adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  01:19:51  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm rolling up a Human Invoker (controller) of Selūne

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  01:28:49  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Actually, Friday morning is looking better and better. A nice "brunch" adventure... I'm pretty sure Kes & Kuje are good from their previous posts. What about it, Matt & EDB? If I get four, I believe I can wrangle a couple of friends into playing as well to round it out to a nice six-person party (unless more want to join in?).

What time Friday morning?

I have a possible conflict at 11 a.m. If we're planning to be done by then, then for sure I'm in. If we're not, then I'm about 50/50.

Cheers

Well, that depends on how early everyone would want to start. I'd be willing to start at 8.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  01:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, that depends on how early everyone would want to start. I'd be willing to start at 8.

As would I. But again, I'm not a sure thing, so I don't want to determine policy for everyone else--certainly not when we're talking that early!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  02:33:12  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How late are we gonna be out with the James Gang?

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  03:08:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually, Friday morning is looking better and better. A nice "brunch" adventure... I'm pretty sure Kes & Kuje are good from their previous posts. What about it, Matt & EDB? If I get four, I believe I can wrangle a couple of friends into playing as well to round it out to a nice six-person party (unless more want to join in?).

What time Friday morning?

I have a possible conflict at 11 a.m. If we're planning to be done by then, then for sure I'm in. If we're not, then I'm about 50/50.

Cheers

Sorry, if it's that early then I'm going to back out. There's no possible way, as a night owl who won't sleep at all on Thursday because of a 6AM flight, that I'll be awake at 8AM on Friday. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 04 Aug 2009 03:10:26
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  03:15:06  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sounds good to me... Y'all will just have to put up with me not being quite awake yet, else feed me coffee until I do so, lol.

Ashe, if I do make my own character, how do you want it put together? I really can't say for sure I can get to one yet, but I'll let you know in a day or two whether I can, or at least give you a hint of what I might like to play. :)

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  05:00:10  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

How late are we gonna be out with the James Gang?

Don't ask me, I'm just the DM. Give me a time and I'll be there :)
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  06:01:52  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Kuje, since you and Kes are the main proponents for the game (as much as I'd like to adjust the game to whatever schedule Erik [or Steven or ED] could attend), how early can you start? We could try and fit it in before a late lunch, fit it in after an early lunch or start at a time that we could break for lunch...

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  06:03:13  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

quote:

Sounds good to me... Y'all will just have to put up with me not being quite awake yet, else feed me coffee until I do so, lol.

Ashe, if I do make my own character, how do you want it put together? I really can't say for sure I can get to one yet, but I'll let you know in a day or two whether I can, or at least give you a hint of what I might like to play. :)

Hmm... I'd recommend trying to stay basic. No real 'out there' classes or races, since the more 'unique' you get, the longer it would take to convert.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  06:06:07  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well Kuje, since you and Kes are the main proponents for the game (as much as I'd like to adjust the game to whatever schedule Erik [or Steven or ED] could attend), how early can you start? We could try and fit it in before a late lunch, fit it in after an early lunch or start at a time that we could break for lunch...

Late morning to afternoon is fantastic. :) But if ya'll have plans, I do understand. So, anywhere from 10ish till all day is good if it's on Friday.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  06:14:37  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hmm... I'd recommend trying to stay basic. No real 'out there' classes or races, since the more 'unique' you get, the longer it would take to convert.

Aye, I'd planned on staying real basic. :) Just didn't know how you wanted base abilities done, if prestige classes were allowed, and how you handle magic items. :) Looking right now at either an axe wielding dwarf, or half elven ranger. That might change, lol. *shrug* Also wondering if this takes place in Faerun (and year), or Golarian (which I know nothing about)? Also.... just where is this going to take place, lol. (Meaning where are we meeting in Indy.) Oh, and starting gold..... Sorry, I ask a ton of questions when I generate characters....

Edited by - Kes_Alanadel on 04 Aug 2009 06:26:06
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  16:43:31  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: Character creation, I'll trust you with 4d6 rolls. Prestige classes are allowed, but shoot me a PM or email with details so I can approve. Character level 15. Use the "Starting Gold for PCs above 1st Level" table in the DMG to figure out gear (200,000 gp, try not to blow it on one item). Also, if you're taking any 'unique' items from Magic Item Compendium, send me a PM/Email for those as well.

The adventure will take place in Faerūn, specifically in Candlekeep proper. It's 1375 DR, sometime after Anauroch and before Shadowrealm.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  20:56:01  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Matt's game: well, I can't quite decide what exactly I'm going to play, but I've settled on a role: striker. I'm currently thinking about a rogue, but I might go with warlock instead. We'll see what materializes there.

@Garen Thal: I think that means you should go with a leader, yo! And if BRJ is doing a divine, CR a primal, that might predispose you to arcane (bard) or martial (warlord). If one of those is more appealing than the other, let me know--it might influence my choice as well.

@Ashe's game: Assuming we're done at least by Spin a Yarn (2 p.m.), I *might* be able to make it. Will check back in over the next couple days.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 04 Aug 2009 21:26:52
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  21:58:00  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, we'll be done in plenty of time for Spin-A-Yarn. Even if I have to Spellplague the lot of you!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  22:03:40  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
@Garen Thal: I think that means you should go with a leader, yo! And if BRJ is doing a divine, CR a primal, that might predispose you to arcane (bard) or martial (warlord). If one of those is more appealing than the other, let me know--it might influence my choice as well.
In that case, I've no choice but to go with the gnome bard. Forgotten no more, and Optimized, Too!

I'm a Monster, #$%#$%. Rawr!
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  23:26:28  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Re: Character creation, I'll trust you with 4d6 rolls. Prestige classes are allowed, but shoot me a PM or email with details so I can approve. Character level 15. Use the "Starting Gold for PCs above 1st Level" table in the DMG to figure out gear (200,000 gp, try not to blow it on one item). Also, if you're taking any 'unique' items from Magic Item Compendium, send me a PM/Email for those as well.

The adventure will take place in Faerūn, specifically in Candlekeep proper. It's 1375 DR, sometime after Anauroch and before Shadowrealm.

Thanks a bunch. :) I'll get something figured out in the next day or two and shoot you a PM. I don't have the Magic Item Compendium so that's not a worry. I didn't know if you were doing wealth levels out of the DMG, or Pathfinder which is why I asked. :) I was also wondering how you do regional feats? Some DM's give them as bonus and others you have to take it as your 1st level feat. I also know nothing about the Anauroch adventure, so I don't know if that will put me at a disadvantage.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  00:14:58  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Regional feat for free. You needn't worry about the Anauroch adventure, the story is standalone.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  03:13:48  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Ashe,

I'm thinking probably either a rogue or one of the arcane classes. I.E sorc, or wizzie. But really leaning towards the rogue. Race, not sure yet. :)

Question though: Are you using the FR modifiers for races or the generic pathfinder modifiers in the beta book? Edit: Also, how do you want HP's rolled/figured?

Edited by - Kuje on 05 Aug 2009 03:44:10
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  14:23:26  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Use the generic Pathfinder modifiers (if there any changes from Beta, they will be handled at the table). Since I want to make these easier to generate, go with Max HP at every level (So if your class has 6 HD, 15th level would give 90 + modifiers).

I'm going to lock down the time from 10:30 to 1:30. I figure gather around 10:30 to go over any rules questions and such you may have with the actual adventure starting when questions have been answered and an empty table has been found (so the adventure probably starts at 11). Breaking at 1:30 to give people a chance to grab some food and stuff before heading over to 'Spin-A-Yarn' (but I won't have a problem if you bring your lunch to the table to eat while we're playing... You might need to share with me though. ).

Okay, let's try and get a roll call of those interested:

1. Kes
2. Kuje

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  15:38:10  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Ashe: Turns out I'm not going to be able to make it--hopefully see you guys at the Realms seminars later in the day, though!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  16:42:08  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... Okay, I'll keep my schedule free to run this on Friday around 10:30/11:00, but if Kes & Kuje are the only ones looking to play, I'm probably not going to run it. If we can get four people, I'll definitely set it up.

This doesn't mean I won't have the adventure written up and bring it to the Con with me, but if it's just the two of you, I'd feel kinda silly.

So, if we get a couple more people involved, it's a definite go. If not, bring your characters anyway and we'll meet up and see if we can grab some floating gamers to sit down with us. Heck, if we don't play, we can kidnap ask Erik (and others) to just get some lunch!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  17:01:06  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Ashe: The main trouble is that myself and a group of my friends are in a True Dungeon run at 11 a.m. on Friday, to which until yesterday, I wasn't sure if I'd make the cut. (Limited tickets, unlimited players!)

But it looks like I'm going along.

Even if you don't get the game set, you might consider bringing it all along and just doing a pickup when you get the chance. I'm sure you can find people on-site who would be interested.

@Matt and co: I put together an eladrin rogue I think will do pretty well. Assuming I can count on our defender for support.

What's our fifth player looking to run?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  17:07:22  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

@Matt and co: I put together an eladrin rogue I think will do pretty well. Assuming I can count on our defender for support.

Oooh, you just wait, buddy. Even the original 5th level version of Talek Snowspear exuded such awesomeness that the DM felt moved to award him with an 18th level magic item based on just a sketch of his backstory. Wait 'til I send y'all the full version along with his character sheet.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  19:26:01  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now to craft my background on the character . . .

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  21:52:24  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

@Ashe: The main trouble is that myself and a group of my friends are in a True Dungeon run at 11 a.m. on Friday, to which until yesterday, I wasn't sure if I'd make the cut. (Limited tickets, unlimited players!)

But it looks like I'm going along.

Even if you don't get the game set, you might consider bringing it all along and just doing a pickup when you get the chance. I'm sure you can find people on-site who would be interested.

No problem Erik! I know the siren's call that is the True Dungeon (my friends and I are going in at noon on Thursday).

I'm definitely bringing it along. "Just in Case"

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  22:48:18  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What's our fifth player looking to run?
Some sort of Striker last I heard. I'll see if I can get him to post the details.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames

Edited by - Brian R. James on 05 Aug 2009 22:49:06
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  23:35:03  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Note: I am a brutal adventure writer. Expect me to bring the heat ;)
Go to Top of Page

Drunken Master
Acolyte

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  23:41:53  Show Profile  Visit Drunken Master's Homepage Send Drunken Master a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there is still a slot open, I'd love to get in on this!!

Erik Nowak
Graphic Designer, Blackdirge Publishing
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  00:02:25  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik Nowak to the rescue!

Dungeon Master: Matt James
Player #1: Brian R. James
Player #2: Erik Scott De Bie
Player #3: Christopher Rowe
Player #4: Brian Cortijo
Player #5: Ernest Morahan
Player #6: Erik Nowak

Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  01:02:52  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dungeon Master: Matt James
Player #1: Brian R. James
Player #2: Erik Scott De Bie

Player #3: Christopher Rowe, playing Talek Snowspear, Arctic Dwarf Earthstrength Warden/Polearm Master from the Nether Mountains [Defender]

Player #4: Brian Cortijo
Player #5: Ernest Morahan
Player #6: Erik Nowak

Sound off! (Too bad AV2 isn't out yet or we could coordinate on some of those magic item sets!)

Cheers,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000