Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep Gen Con Adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  01:06:22  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I'll keep my character a secret . . . oh what the hey.

I figured out a good build for this character at 13th level and couldn't pass up this perfect opportunity.

I'm bringing Lady Ilira Nathalan (a.k.a. the Fox-at-Twilight): moon elf (eladrin) trickster rogue (melee striker), hailing from . . . everywhere, really, but mostly the Dragon Coast.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 06 Aug 2009 01:26:50
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  02:49:22  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now THATS Cool!

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  02:57:11  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome!

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  04:49:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to hype it too much . . . but I'm pretty stoked.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Drunken Master
Acolyte

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  05:39:05  Show Profile  Visit Drunken Master's Homepage Send Drunken Master a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems we have 2 strikers, a controller, a defender, and a leader, correct?
If that's the case, I'll add a half-elf paladin of Sune to the mix.
Man, am I excited there was still a slot open for this! :)

Erik Nowak
Graphic Designer, Blackdirge Publishing
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  05:49:00  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good, DM--a second defender is definitely a good way to go, and I'm a fan of paladins in general. Tactically, the more people we've got marking, the better!

Though the other week I played in a game which had one leader (shaman), one defender (warden), and FOUR strikers (avenger [me], sorcerer, rogue, ranger). Man, did we dish out the damage.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  11:39:11  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When Erik asked me if he could play Twilight I was very pleased. Its going to be a cool session.

Now we need to pick a solid time. I don't want for us to have to scramble at Gen Con or else it may never happen.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  13:07:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I'm bringing Lady Ilira Nathalan (a.k.a. the Fox-at-Twilight): moon elf (eladrin) trickster rogue (melee striker), hailing from . . . everywhere, really, but mostly the Dragon Coast.
Neat. It's just a shame that I'm not attending. I would've loved to have seen Twilight in action.

* Oh, and Erik. A new avatar? Any particular reason for your choice?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  14:39:08  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
It is because Erik is a petite and dainty elf lass, of course!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  16:21:25  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just felt in a Twilight mood, and that was the closest I could find.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  18:01:21  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:
It is because Erik is a petite and dainty elf lass, of course!

-----

And only to stay on topic... damn it! I need seriously to grab some golden pieces to participate in the Con...

Hmmm... the Bloody War is still recruiting?

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  18:16:52  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Neat. It's just a shame that I'm not attending. I would've loved to have seen Twilight in action.

One day, Sage--one day. I still plan on DMing you at GenCon one day. Unless you for whatever reason decide to move to the states.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  01:13:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

One day, Sage--one day. I still plan on DMing you at GenCon one day. Unless you for whatever reason decide to move to the states.

Cheers

It's always a possibility. I've had to shift around a lot thanks to my work:- England, Singapore, and New Zealand. Maybe I can try to sway the Higher-Ups that its time for me to visit our US facilities.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  04:05:02  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Seattle is nice this time of year.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  05:19:57  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, Seattle is nice this time of year.

Cheers

Aye, but it gets worse in about two months, lol.

(I live about 225 miles south, so I know what it can get like!)

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  05:23:56  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shh!

Cheers

P.S. You're in Portland or thereabouts?

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  05:29:52  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Shh!

Cheers

Well, I'm pretty sure Sage has already heard me complain a couple of times about the weather around here.

And I'm a bit farther south, between Salem and Eugene, close to Albany. So it might actually be closer to 250 miles. *shrug* I've never actually been to Seattle, and I avoid Portland like the plague.

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  05:56:58  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I know where that is. Went to Willamette University in Salem.

Well, Seattle has a lot to recommend it--it's a good place to take a holiday. (Possibly on a week where I'm doing a signing . . .)

Not, of course, that this has ANYTHING to do with the GenCon game.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  05:57:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

quote:

Shh!

Cheers

Well, I'm pretty sure Sage has already heard me complain a couple of times about the weather around here.
Indeed.

Still, I like the rain and the general gloominess that comes with overcast/cloudy days. So I'd probably find a place for myself somewhere in Seattle.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  06:00:19  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And since BRJ lives here too, it wouldn't be a bad place to settle . . .

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  17:23:36  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would move out there but my wife despises the rain and gets too affected by it.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  17:36:39  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, then she'd be affected 9 months out of the year. I agree with your reasoning.

See, everyone's under the false impression that Seattle gets *a lot* of rain. That isn't exactly true--the annual rainfall we get is about equal to other places, but instead of getting it all at once (like, say, in the space or a month, or in one particular season or two), we get it spread out pretty much year-round.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2009 :  00:29:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

See, everyone's under the false impression that Seattle gets *a lot* of rain.
Compared to Perth, Seattle gets a lot of rain!

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2009 :  17:23:38  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, grabbed one final player for the playtest: Alan M. da Silva (Zandthedruid from Twitter).

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Saldhar
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  00:26:52  Show Profile  Visit Saldhar's Homepage Send Saldhar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Matt, Brian wanted me to post my Character concept here for the adventure. Still working on the bio, but I've got

Evar Swiftwind
Human Ranger.
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  00:35:36  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just send it off to me before the convention. matt.james(at)loremaster.org

If you don't get it finished, don't fret over it too much.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000