Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep Gen Con Adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  15:47:40  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

Looks like you can count me out on this for a couple reasons.

Ashe are you still going to try and run one that on the side? I know a couple people who would be interested if you are. :)

I'm not entirely sure... I'm running a couple of scenarios for Paizo, so I'm spending some study time right now to make sure I got them down pat. Fortunately, I've no plans for this weekend, so I MIGHT be able to cobble something together using the new rules.

I should know more around Sunday night/Monday.

Okay... As I'm typing away at this, I'm getting a story idea based on a connection between the Anauroch adventure, Paul S. Kemp's Twilight War trilogy and my recent interactions with Lord Necro on the RP Forum...

{shakes head} I'll let you know on Monday if I can put this together in next week or so.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  18:43:16  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

It might make sense for the lot of us (at least those without dinner plans) to go somewhere together after the Realms bits and pow-wow.

Do you have a table, or are we just going to be looking for somewhere?

Cheers

We'll snatch up anywhere we can.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  18:48:16  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dinner beforehand sounds like a good plan.

Oh, and contrary to what I said earlier, I think I'm gonna go with a Defender. Specifically, a dwarven warden. Details to follow (when I know 'em myself). ;)

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  18:51:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

Oh, and contrary to what I said earlier, I think I'm gonna go with a Defender. Specifically, a dwarven warden. Details to follow (when I know 'em myself). ;)

I think I'll have to jump on controller then, unless anyone's particularly keen: eladrin sword-wizard.

(Not a swordmage, mind, as the defender's taken--a wizard who uses a sword.)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  19:55:15  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

Ashe are you still going to try and run one that on the side? I know a couple people who would be interested if you are. :)

I'm not entirely sure... I'm running a couple of scenarios for Paizo, so I'm spending some study time right now to make sure I got them down pat. Fortunately, I've no plans for this weekend, so I MIGHT be able to cobble something together using the new rules.

Okay... As I'm typing away at this, I'm getting a story idea based on a connection between the Anauroch adventure, Paul S. Kemp's Twilight War trilogy and my recent interactions with Lord Necro on the RP Forum...

{shakes head} I'll let you know on Monday if I can put this together in next week or so.

No worries if you don't have time, I can understand how that happens!! I was only curious. The commitments you have with your games are more important!! I haven't read either the adventure or the trilogy, which could handicap what I would know as a player/char.

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?

Edited by - Kes_Alanadel on 31 Jul 2009 19:57:05
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  20:49:34  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

No worries if you don't have time, I can understand how that happens!! I was only curious. The commitments you have with your games are more important!! I haven't read either the adventure or the trilogy, which could handicap what I would know as a player/char.

Echoes Kes, if you don't have time, no worries. I recall some of those events but not a lot of them. And aye, I was one of the ones interested in your pathfinder adventure but no worries if you don't have time.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  22:41:02  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someday I will hopefully have the time and money to attend GenCon and meet some of my fellow scribes and favorite authors.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  14:10:30  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay... Before I commit to anything as concrete, I'd like to get an idea of who might be interested in a Candlekeep adventure with Pathfinder rules. Kes and Kuje, I have you down.

I'd like to not clash with Matt's game (mostly because I want to steal Christopher for the game to show him the Pathfinder rules ), so I'd recommend Saturday night. It would be about 2½-3 hours in length (unless I'm forced to run concurrently with Matt's game, then I'd have to abridge it slightly to make another game I'm a part of) and would be for 15th level characters.

So, I need at least two more individual's interest before I'll set my ideas to paper.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  14:42:16  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Okay... Before I commit to anything as concrete, I'd like to get an idea of who might be interested in a Candlekeep adventure with Pathfinder rules. Kes and Kuje, I have you down.

I'd like to not clash with Matt's game (mostly because I want to steal Christopher for the game to show him the Pathfinder rules ), so I'd recommend Saturday night. It would be about 2½-3 hours in length (unless I'm forced to run concurrently with Matt's game, then I'd have to abridge it slightly to make another game I'm a part of) and would be for 15th level characters.

So, I need at least two more individual's interest before I'll set my ideas to paper.

Saturday is pretty busy for me... Seriously it's the only day I actually have stuff planned. I'll have to get back to you on a time that might work after I wake up and go through my schedule. Are you going to do pre-gen characters for it, with that high of a level? If not, I'll see what I can cobble together for it, since I *think* I have the beta rules on my comp.... somewhere.....

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  16:18:22  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will create some Pre-gen characters, but if you want generate your own, you can do so with the Beta rules or 3.5 rules. Conversion guides will be free pdfs from Paizo as soon as the book's officially released, so it should be easy to convert. Of course, don't get carried away with the creation, DM has final say .

Regarding the times, Thursday is the only day I'm booked pretty solid. I'm free Friday morning until about 2 (Hi, Ed!), then I'm free Friday evening from 6-9, but that's the same time Matt's running the 4E game (I don't want to run at the same time, but if no one in the 4E game wants to play in mine and it's the only time we can do it, I will). Saturday I'm not free until after supper and Sunday I'm running a Paizo scenario until 12.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  16:48:22  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Matt and co: On second thought, I'm finding the potential of a tiefling bard (which would be a leader leaning toward controller) very appealing as well . . . possibly I'll just make/bring both characters.

@Ashe, I would be very happy to play in your game if you'd have me--but I'm sworn to Matt first, so if it doesn't conflict . . .

My schedule: Booked Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon, and Saturday noonish. If you're planning on Friday morning before 11 a.m. or Saturday night, look me up.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  17:04:29  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bring anything you want :) Rule #1 Have fun ;)

Ashe, I have never played Pathfinder so if I can squeeze it in and the group does not fill up; I'd love to partake.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  20:03:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Saturday is pretty busy for me... Seriously it's the only day I actually have stuff planned. I'll have to get back to you on a time that might work after I wake up and go through my schedule. Are you going to do pre-gen characters for it, with that high of a level? If not, I'll see what I can cobble together for it, since I *think* I have the beta rules on my comp.... somewhere.....

Echoes again, Sat is going to busy for me as well...

But Friday late morn/early afternoon could work. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  20:10:06  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wish I had time to prep anything and stop by for this, but alas, my time is not my own.

Steven
who, if he can, might pop by as a ghost image of Khelben due to a kiira n'vaelhar fragment put in Candlekeep's back corridor on the left, just past the seventh set of shelves on the Imaskarcana (because everybody's written a theory about them) :)

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  20:12:59  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven, I will have extra characters that I will bring. If you get the chance to step in for an encounter, that's fine. But, I understand the demands of Gen Con.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  20:19:33  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After talking it over with Matthew, we’d like to propose a change.

Some of you may know that Matt has joined me to write a FR adventure for Dungeon/DDI. Since the timing is fortuitous, we’d like to suggest the possibility of playtesting our Dungeon adventure instead. Your feedback would be immensely valuable for ensuring the adventure is as kickass as we know it can be. And of course you'd be previewing a FR adventure months before the general public!

The setting would be the Moonsea North targeting 13th level characters.

Thoughts?

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  20:23:32  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

After talking it over with Matthew, we’d like to propose a change.

Some of you may know that Matt has joined me to write a FR adventure for Dungeon/DDI. Since the timing is fortuitous, we’d like to suggest the possibility of playtesting our Dungeon adventure instead. Your feedback would be immensely valuable for ensuring the adventure is as kickass as we know it can be. And of course you'd be previewing a FR adventure months before the general public!

The setting would be the Moonsea North targeting 13th level characters.

Thoughts?

I have no thoughts. I'm stupefied by the awesomeness of that plan.

Count me in! :)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  20:24:45  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always feel like I'm getting yelled at when you use "Matthew" *shudder in fear*

Yeah guys, it is still a FR adventure but this would mean a lot to us considering the amount of time we are dedicating to making it lock into official lore. I can't honestly think of a better group of people to slaughter...err... run through this adventure.

If there is a revolt, I still have much of the CK mod but would like to plead for consideration of this amendment. Besides, you cna play around with some paragon level builds :)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  20:30:49  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Might have to switch my requested role to a striker and play a certain eladrin rogue . . .

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  20:43:07  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude, I've always wanted to see an Eladrin Rogue and a Ranger (there is a cool paragon path in Manual of the Planes for the Eladrin Ranger).
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  21:24:28  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm comfortable with any role, race or class... just need to know what the group dynamic is a couple of days before.
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  21:56:02  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am forcing Brian R. James to play in this one as I will DM it. I'll try to get him on here again and post what he will be playing.
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  22:03:14  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dungeon Master: Matt James
Player #1: Brian R. James
Player #2: Erik Scott De Bie
Player #3: Christopher Rowe
Player #4: Brian Cortijo
Player #5: Ernest Morahan
Player #6:

Edited by - Matt James on 04 Aug 2009 13:36:19
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  22:13:54  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Dhampyr Warforged Psion/Swordmage Hybrid, Chosen of Auppenser already taken?

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  22:17:37  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Matt, what times are you looking at for the game (trying to see scheduling conflicts).

Actually, Friday morning is looking better and better. A nice "brunch" adventure... I'm pretty sure Kes & Kuje are good from their previous posts. What about it, Matt & EDB? If I get four, I believe I can wrangle a couple of friends into playing as well to round it out to a nice six-person party (unless more want to join in?).

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 03 Aug 2009 22:23:26
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  22:19:14  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Is Dhampyr Warforged Psion/Swordmage Hybrid, Chosen of Auppenser already taken?

[Rassa-frassa-takes-that-off-my-list . . .]

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  22:46:46  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pffft, no Revenant template? ;)

Ashe, let me look into it. As well, I will need to learn about Pathfinder. I hope I am not too much of a drag on the party.

Edited by - Matt James on 03 Aug 2009 22:47:15
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  23:11:22  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering that the only thing available right now is the Beta rules, it's no problem. I'll have some PCs written up for the game, but I won't turn down any that are brought to the table (unless, of course, you're trying to play the avatar of Shar or some other deity... )

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  23:55:13  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thirteenth level, wow! Those are heady heights. I've just now got my main LFR character, an Invoker of Amaunator from Marsember, up to 5th!

So, in the playtest game I'll be playing a dwarven earthstrength warden. He's a defender leaning towards defender, with some feats that add elements of defender and a few magic items that add an element of the defender role.

Ashe! I'll keep an eye on when your game winds up scheduled and hope I'll be able to take one of those pregens!

Cheers,

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  01:14:54  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually, Friday morning is looking better and better. A nice "brunch" adventure... I'm pretty sure Kes & Kuje are good from their previous posts. What about it, Matt & EDB? If I get four, I believe I can wrangle a couple of friends into playing as well to round it out to a nice six-person party (unless more want to join in?).

What time Friday morning?

I have a possible conflict at 11 a.m. If we're planning to be done by then, then for sure I'm in. If we're not, then I'm about 50/50.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000