Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 FR novel character who was completely magic-dead?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  06:29:50  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
novel character, whose mother was struck by magic while said character was in womb, who because of that event was magic-dead throughout his life

what FR book was that in or is that from a non-FR book and you guys are thinking i am going crazy?

Bloodstone Lands Sage

Ikki
Seeker

Finland
57 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  07:49:40  Show Profile  Visit Ikki's Homepage Send Ikki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was a scro general who was entirely magic dead, dispelling magic at touch... in several of the later books on the ultimate helm & the spelljammer ;)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  08:52:06  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you perhaps thinking of the young hero character in Pool of Twilight--final book in Ward & Brown's Heroes of Phlan trilogy?

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Pool_of_Twilight

Beshaba blight me if I can remember his name at the moment.

Cheers

P.S. 1993--that takes me back!

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 12 Jul 2009 08:54:22
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  15:03:11  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Are you perhaps thinking of the young hero character in Pool of Twilight--final book in Ward & Brown's Heroes of Phlan trilogy?

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Pool_of_Twilight

Beshaba blight me if I can remember his name at the moment.

Cheers
why was this novel set in 1372 when at the time the realms year was in the mid 1360s.

P.S. 1993--that takes me back!

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2009 :  02:39:41  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coach

novel character, whose mother was struck by magic while said character was in womb, who because of that event was magic-dead throughout his life

what FR book was that in or is that from a non-FR book and you guys are thinking i am going crazy?

You are probably refering to the Counselors & Kings Trilogy by Elaine Cunningham.
One of the main characters is Matteo, wo belongs to the order of the jordain, who are completely "zero-magic" and work as counselors for the wizards of Halruaa.
However this zero-magic quaility of the jordain is achieved by a special treatment which is done to their mothers while in their wombs.

-

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000