Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Citadel of the bloody hand
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bane of the Harpers
Seeker

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  02:53:36  Show Profile Send Bane of the Harpers a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can someone tell me if there is any maps made for the Citadel of the Bloody Hand in Waterdeep?

thanks,

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  07:30:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there are, I don't know about them.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  09:08:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't immediately recall any maps for the Citadel either.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  17:16:25  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed of course mapped the Citadel in detail and turned it in to TSR all those years ago; it's very like an old "geomorph," because it's a maze of traps and misdirection passages, with the REAL living space, armories, et al "inside the walls" of the false areas. Yes, it's above the staircase with the illusion of the collapse, on the uppermost level of Undermountain, but has several other entrances and exits, and occupies its own level "up inside" Mount Waterdeep.
And of course, the map is NDA.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  21:41:43  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Thanks THO. What would we do without you?....

uuh... What is NDA please?

EDIT : Forget it my dear ! I found the meanig in the thread that I created about abreviations !
NDA- Non-Disclosure Agreement. Right ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2009 :  01:24:09  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right.
Come closer, bright sir, and claim your reward (she purred).

love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2009 :  01:29:41  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fillow, if you were smart, you'd get on a plane right now and fly to whereever Hoodie
is before some fanboy tries and claim you reward.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2009 :  01:33:17  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bah! There's enough THO to go around.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2009 :  01:38:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

quote:

Thanks THO. What would we do without you?....

uuh... What is NDA please?

EDIT : Forget it my dear ! I found the meanig in the thread that I created about abreviations !
NDA- Non-Disclosure Agreement. Right ?

That's right. It means neither Ed nor the lovely Lady Hooded One can tell us anything more specifically about said map.

Of course, that doesn't mean the Lady Hooded One can tease us with further hints, as she likes to sometimes do. I've plenty of fond memories of such past experiences.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 14 Jun 2009 01:39:20
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2009 :  21:18:03  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Right.
Come closer, bright sir, and claim your reward (she purred).

love,
THO

Woooo... That's a wonderful day today !
I thank you very much my Lady

quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Fillow, if you were smart, you'd get on a plane right now and fly to whereever Hoodie
is before some fanboy tries and claim you reward.

To begin with, you should know that Frenchies are smart as no one on the Earth !
And... Just tell me where does Milady does live...
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Of course, that doesn't mean the Lady Hooded One can tease us with further hints, as she likes to sometimes do. I've plenty of fond memories of such past experiences.

Tease us Lady Hooded, please tease us !!

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2009 :  03:04:40  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hrmph... if they're not going to publish it, they should turn it back over to Ed along with all rights of distribution. This goes for everything by Ed that's languishing in the Wizbro NDA vaults. Yes, I know economics and corporate greed "sensibilities" won't allow that to happen. However, I refuse to give up my dreams; under Wizbro, they're all I have. On that note, I think it's time for me to watch "Brazil" again...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000