Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New idea for Volo!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2009 :  13:34:33  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Today's entry at Gnome Stew talks about some ideas for fantasy/RPG-themed TV shows and our Waterdeep and Volo get a mention (specifically CSI: Waterdeep and Volo's Guide to Dives, Diners and Drive-ins).

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2009 :  20:49:16  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd also love to watch the "Charm School with Elaith Craulnober", right after "A Shot at Love with Loviatar"...

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2009 :  21:40:45  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about "My BFF" With Lolth?

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2009 :  21:59:22  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd watch Paris Hilton try to BFF with Lolth!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  09:09:41  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it would be fair to Lolth ...

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads

Edited by - Ayunken-vanzan on 12 Jun 2009 09:09:58
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  10:37:45  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wtf is that bff newspeak ? seeing that a lot lately
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  10:49:05  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Best friend forever"

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  11:00:54  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh ok
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  15:03:22  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about Alusair on the Cormyr Bacherlorette?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 12 Jun 2009 15:03:56
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  18:01:40  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elminster doing "Nanny 911" administering lessons for Adventurers to learn

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  23:22:44  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who would host "This Old Dungeon" and "Pimp My Chariot"?

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  23:46:24  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd go with Gilgeam for Pimp this Chariot. Woe betide anyone who doesn't like the end result!

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  01:17:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wenin

Elminster doing "Nanny 911" administering lessons for Adventurers to learn

No, no... that'd be Storm.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2009 :  14:05:09  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Halaster for "This Old Dungeon" of course

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Misc.
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  23:03:44  Show Profile  Visit Misc.'s Homepage Send Misc. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being serious for a moment, Volo is needed now more so than ever, as a tour guide to introduce new DMs to the Forgotten Realms. He has also always been a great plot hook in campaigns.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  23:27:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sammaster for The Dragon Whisperer.

Khelben would make a great 'Simon' for Waterdeep Idol.

With Laeral as his 'Paula'.

quote:
Originally posted by Misc.

Being serious for a moment, Volo is needed now more so than ever, as a tour guide to introduce new DMs to the Forgotten Realms. He has also always been a great plot hook in campaigns.

I was thinking he would have a grandaughter in the 4e Realms, carrying on his work...

Gedara Volothamp, better know as 'Vollina'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Jun 2009 23:34:07
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2009 :  00:30:16  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about Erevis Cale, Drasek Riven and Jack Fleet in "Two and a half rogues"...

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2009 :  00:47:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice.

We could have one entitled FR Trek: The Next Generation, just for the 4e lovers.

Of course, now we're getting away from Reality TV shows...

You know.. 'Reality'... because everyone has a camera crew following them around all day long.

And going back to that topic, how about So you think you can cast?

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Jun 2009 00:49:24
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2009 :  00:56:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

And going back to that topic, how about So you think you can cast?
Ah, the perfect forum for a Mage Fair.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000