Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 The Restless Shore - Chapters 15 - 22
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  17:14:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for The Restless Shore (Book 2 of "The Wilds" series), by James P. Davis. Please discuss the chapters 15 - 22 herein.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Aug 2010 05:41:47

Steffen Farslayer
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2009 :  05:00:37  Show Profile  Visit Steffen Farslayer's Homepage Send Steffen Farslayer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought the ending was excellent and thought the title was very fitting, not just referring to a place but also a state of mind for the characters. All of them seemed restless in their own way. Uthalion wanting to see his wife and daughter yet lacking the courage to do so, Brindani and his addiction, Ghaelya and her quest to find her sister, even Vaassuri at times seemed to have a restless edge to him.

I like books that leave you wondering about happened to the characters. For me it was Uthalion in particular. Did he make it back to his wife and daughter or did he sit upon his own "restless shore" and only dream of them?

Excellent book Mr. Davis, it is worthy of many rereads.

"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die." - The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000