Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 The Sword Never Sleeps- Chapters 17- 24 & Epilogue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2008 :  12:41:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for The Sword Never Sleeps (Book 3 of The Knights of Myth Drannor trilogy), by Ed Greenwood. Please discuss the chapters 17 - 24 and the epilogue herein.

The Hooded One will be here to pass on any questions to Ed and provide responses to comments.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Aug 2010 05:41:48

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2008 :  16:43:50  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BEST LINES I HAVE EVER READ:

"Tymora look down!" he gasped. "Such arrogance! He even labeled it!"
"Staff of Doom," Torm intoned grandly, "Made by Manshoon, mightiest of Zhentarim." He chuckled, "Modest, isn't he?"

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2008 :  05:00:45  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, finished the book. Another great read!

Quick question though, it ends with "So ends Book III". Will there (dare I hope) be MORE?

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  00:12:46  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The current answer would of course be: NDA.
I'm doubting it, though, from some things reportedly said at GenCon this year (not by Ed) about the time-setting of most Realms novels, henceforth.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  19:57:36  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update:
HOWEVER, knowing Ed as I do, and reading between the lines of some cryptic hints he's let drop across the gaming table these past few seasons, I don't think we've seen the last of Ed fiction involving the land of Cormyr, somehow.
Nor the last of Ed fiction involving Elminster.
The Knights, though, I don't know and can't even suspect anything, from what I can glean from Ed. Of course, he's said NOTHING directly, beyond "Smile, NDA, Smile, I know you understand, Smile."
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Braveheart
Learned Scribe

Austria
159 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  20:11:25  Show Profile  Visit Braveheart's Homepage Send Braveheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering that WotC only want to publish 4E novels, a new knights novel would be a bit contradictory (although I'd love to read about their mishaps in Shadowdale). But you never know with time portals and such...

Jarlaxle: "Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it."
Entreri: "And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not."
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3566 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2009 :  01:51:16  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loved it , don't k ow how to say it better than that.

And Lady THO , you. Were not kidding a ways back when you said this no el would end with the Knights just barely reaching The Dales! I so want there to be a book 4 and 5. I really want to read more about their early days in Shadowdale. Twouls also be a perfect place for Ed to touch base with Hesperdan again. Would also be cool to see where The Old Ghost goes next and who he targets.

Great work Ed , can't wait for your next realms foray! Soon as I finish Shadowrealm I am going to tackle Dark Warrior Rising for another dose of your work.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Nefarious
Acolyte

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2009 :  15:40:13  Show Profile  Visit Nefarious's Homepage Send Nefarious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic series. I wish there were more to delve into these unassuming (*cough*) heroes lives. Any more involvement from Elminster would really render me satisfied.

Please Ed, for the love of your fans give us more!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000