Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Silver Wolf
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kalach-Cha
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2009 :  12:01:18  Show Profile  Visit Kalach-Cha's Homepage Send Kalach-Cha a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm currently writing an NWN2 fanfic set in Thay, Calimshan, and the Abyss (in that order) starring my character from NWN2 and MotB, Kalir Patten the Wolf (LG aasimar female Pal20/Chm10 of the Red Knight). It will eventually become novel-length, and the title is tentatively Silver Wolf. You can read the first chapter here: http://starsword-c.deviantart.com/art/Silver-Wolf-Prologue-119801546

This first chapter actually mainly stars Kalir's mother, during the First Battle of West Harbor (the one where Jerro fought the King of Shadows himself), and tells the story of her final hours of life.

I'd like to get reactions. Constructive comments only, please--flaming hurts my feelings... (More to the point, I won't listen to it .)

Kalir Patten the Wolf (LG aasimar female Pal20/Chm10 of the Red Knight)

Knight-Commander of Fort Lightreach, Order of the Lanceboard

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  09:15:12  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ones needs to sign up tu to website to read your prologue Kalach-Cha.Do you have another way to make us read it ?
Would you be from Nikov family ? Kalach-Nikov ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Kalach-Cha
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  15:17:12  Show Profile  Visit Kalach-Cha's Homepage Send Kalach-Cha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Ones needs to sign up tu to website to read your prologue Kalach-Cha.Do you have another way to make us read it ?
Would you be from Nikov family ? Kalach-Nikov ?

Eh, sorry about that. Deviantart has a setting where you can restrict access to "Mature Content" to registered users over 18. I had a Mature Content warning set, but evidently for unregistered people it does the same thing as a "Strict" setting.

You should be able to view it now.

And no, I'm not a Nikov. "Kalach-Cha" is a githyanki term meaning "shard-bearer", and is used to refer to the hero(ine) of Neverwinter Nights 2 and Mask of the Betrayer.

Go to Top of Page

Kalach-Cha
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  15:21:35  Show Profile  Visit Kalach-Cha's Homepage Send Kalach-Cha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've posted Chapters 1 and 2 on Deviantart. The first chapter finishes setup of the setting, and the second starts the plot rolling.

Chapter I: Armored Wolf http://starsword-c.deviantart.com/art/Silver-Wolf-Chapter-I-121807373

Chapter II: Never Trust a Lich http://starsword-c.deviantart.com/art/Silver-Wolf-Chapter-II-121939301

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  15:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything's allright Kalach-Cha.
The three texts are usable with the links you provided.

Thanks.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2009 :  15:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kalach-Cha "Kalach-Cha" is a githyanki term meaning "shard-bearer", and is used to refer to the hero(ine) of Neverwinter Nights 2 and Mask of the Betrayer.

Ah, yes, I remember now. You're jogging my memories of NWN2.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Kalach-Cha
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2009 :  14:20:00  Show Profile  Visit Kalach-Cha's Homepage Send Kalach-Cha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Silver Wolf Chapter III: "Two Meetings" is now available at deviantART. http://starsword-c.deviantart.com/art/Silver-Wolf-Chapter-III-123906935

Chapter III continues the main plotline of Kalir trying to save Kaelyn from both Rammaq's treachery ... and from herself. How to fight an enemy you don't know? Well, the most valuable thing to any tactician is information. You don't just go in, sword drawn banner flying, against a demon lord.

I leave you with one of my favorite quotes from FR, that is supremely applicable to this subject: In the immortal words of Drizzt Do'Urden in The Crystal Shard, "To learn to use a sword, one must first master when to use a sword."

Go to Top of Page

Kalach-Cha
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2009 :  02:40:48  Show Profile  Visit Kalach-Cha's Homepage Send Kalach-Cha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At long last, Silver Wolf Chapter IV: "A Mother's Memories" is available at deviantART. http://starsword-c.deviantart.com/art/Silver-Wolf-Chapter-IV-125384280

Chapter IV takes us back to the Sword Coast North. Kalir has returned to headquarters to find her mother's journals and study in the library, in order to find a way to enter the Abyss and reach the Dark Heaven without incident.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000