Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 WoTC/FR PDF's being pulled from Paizo.com
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  01:08:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

One would expect Wizards to learn from mistakes, but they seem bent on continuing to piss off loyal customers.

I told a friend of mine the story about the pdfs, and he said; "Good job, now people who are willing to pay money for the stuff have to resort to piracy/downloading stuff illegally. What a way to prevent something like that..."

They won't prevent piracy by doing that, so there has to be an ulterior motive.

No, there doesn't have to be an ulterior motive. The motive could have been little more than corporate short-sightedness -- the way most companies are more concerned about the next quarter than they are the next five years. More than one company -- and more than one person, for that matter -- has been so concerned with earning revenue now that they've denied themselves greater revenue in the future.

I will agree, though, that denying customers a legal means of acquiring material is not the best way to thwart piracy.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Moonlight
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  02:06:43  Show Profile  Visit Moonlight's Homepage Send Moonlight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to admit that sometimes I really am not able to understand how the world really works, but in my opinion, a company or a product should make you, how to put it, feel ashamed if you used it without giving something back to it. That's what WOTC should strive for. In the digital era, everything can be copied. Respect your people, so they can respect you back.

Sehanine is dreaming...
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  03:27:47  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

[quote]<snip> has been so concerned with earning revenue now that they've denied themselves greater revenue in the future.

I believe that may have been what got our global economy in this state of affairs today.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  18:53:09  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It wasn't 2E or 1E, but a great many people -- myself included -- thought it was a very worthy successor.
Quite Right.

With every edition up until 4th I felt the ned to imediately go out and buy the books and start running it. I did so wiuth 2nd edition even though I hated it (which is why I looked upon 3rd as a godsend, amongst many other reasons).

Something about this edition just totally rubbed me the wrong way, and may be a simple as the fact that they sprung it on us sneakily, just so they can sell books for another three years for a system they already knew was being mothballed. I don't feel 3e had a long-enough life-span - they started work on 4e a mere two year after releasing 3.5!

quote:

Either way, we've strayed from the original point, the whole WotC pdf mess.
Right enough, especially after that last post - we are starting to go all 'political' and blame 'The Man' for everything.

WotC isn't our friend; they are company trying to make money off of us - why are we suddenly expecting more from them? Its really ludicrous to think they would ever have our best interests at heart.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Apr 2009 17:52:03
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  19:03:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

WotC isn't our friend; they are company trying to make money off of us - why are we suddenly expecting more from them? Its really ludicrous to think they would ever have our best interests at heart.

That being said, companies make money by giving their customers what they want. Our best interests can coincide with theirs... Like this pdf thing: our best interest is to have the pdfs legally available for reasonable prices. If WotC gave us this (as they did for a long time), then they'd make more money off of us.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  19:04:50  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

<snip>

I think it's because a lot of us 'old-timers' saw TSR nearly self-destruct and WotC come in to buy them out, then give us an edition that is well-liked. It's the same reason you can't stand Anakin Skywalker by the time Revenge of the Sith gets going. You see so much potential and it's all thrown away for the corporation*.

*I'm not saying corporations are like the Galactic Empire. But some come damn close.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  23:01:34  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See, I have to say the contrary.

3rd Edition was awesome to me and my friends. It had all the things 2E had but better balance and rules and the best optimization ever. Half the reason we love it is because we felt it kept the spirit of 2E and D&D in general and had ten-times better rules and options (yeah, ok, a lot of it can be broken, but so was 2E; we had a 8th-level Fighter taking out a Corpse Tearer and Great Wyrm Red Dragons in just 2 HITS. No edition is munchkin-proof).

My best description for 3E is it ADDED to the game instead of SLAYING some of its spirit. Not only did all the 2E classes return, but two 1E classes did as well! 4E just about retconned, sliced, butchered, and raped D&D's history and assassinated sacred cows so severely, how can anyone in their right mind say it's still the same game? I am confident to tell people "Try 3E, it has a 1E and 2E feel, but you'll have more fun with it, also." I can't even say D&D and 4E in the same sentence. Heck, no one calls 4E D&D. The name tagged for it is just 4E. As if people subconsciously accept it as no where similar. I remember it didn't take long for people to stop calling 3E just 3E and actually called it D&D.

Just my thoughts. I had great times with 2E and fond memories, but I can never go back to it. It'd be like me trying to live an Amish lifestyle.

Edited by - Razz on 15 Apr 2009 23:07:34
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  03:15:52  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart
It's the same reason you can't stand Anakin Skywalker by the time Revenge of the Sith gets going. You see so much potential and it's all thrown away for the corporation*.

*I'm not saying corporations are like the Galactic Empire. But some come damn close.

"WOTC, you're breaking my heart . . . you are going to a place where I can't follow."

"WOTC, you were suppose to be the Chosen One. You were suppose to bring balance to D&D, not destroy it! You were like a brother to me."

"WOTC, don't try it, I've got the higher . . . "

Okay, the last one doesn't even begin to work . . .
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  03:41:21  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

quote:
It's the same reason you can't stand Anakin Skywalker by the time Revenge of the Sith gets going. You see so much potential and it's all thrown away for the corporation*.

"WOTC, you're breaking my heart . . . you are going to a place where I can't follow."

"WOTC, you were suppose to be the Chosen One. You were suppose to bring balance to D&D, not destroy it! You were like a brother to me."

Hmmm... So, we put Obi-wan as 3E. He cuts the arms and legs off 4th Edition. That would make Luke Pathfinder and he takes down the Empire and rehabilitates WotC at the same time. Hmm... I could go for that!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  05:40:54  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I'm not sure how to react to this, Knight... but good work with the prequels. I'm just waiting for the Real Trilogy now

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  09:57:23  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razz

See, I have to say the contrary.

3rd Edition was awesome to me and my friends. It had all the things 2E had but better balance and rules and the best optimization ever. Half the reason we love it is because we felt it kept the spirit of 2E and D&D in general and had ten-times better rules and options (yeah, ok, a lot of it can be broken, but so was 2E; we had a 8th-level Fighter taking out a Corpse Tearer and Great Wyrm Red Dragons in just 2 HITS. No edition is munchkin-proof).

My best description for 3E is it ADDED to the game instead of SLAYING some of its spirit. Not only did all the 2E classes return, but two 1E classes did as well! 4E just about retconned, sliced, butchered, and raped D&D's history and assassinated sacred cows so severely, how can anyone in their right mind say it's still the same game? I am confident to tell people "Try 3E, it has a 1E and 2E feel, but you'll have more fun with it, also." I can't even say D&D and 4E in the same sentence. Heck, no one calls 4E D&D. The name tagged for it is just 4E. As if people subconsciously accept it as no where similar. I remember it didn't take long for people to stop calling 3E just 3E and actually called it D&D.

Just my thoughts. I had great times with 2E and fond memories, but I can never go back to it. It'd be like me trying to live an Amish lifestyle.

To me 3ed. felt like your reaction to 4ed. The feel and spirit of D&D was gone. And my feelings haven't changed with time. And the same thing will probably be said by 4ed. fans when and if the 5ed. shows up as every editions will have its fans.
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  09:59:28  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you've already had the original 3, now you've gotta enjoy 4/5/6e before things change :-)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  14:46:12  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Beautiful. Lines like that don't write themselves!

"Luke Pathfinder."

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 16 Apr 2009 14:47:04
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  15:13:02  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be fair, who knows what Realms would be around if WOTC had not stepped in, so it's nor fair to compare them to Anakin.
Now Hasbro on the other hand.........

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  15:22:30  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darkmeer

quote:

quote:

THAT was brilliant!

The WOTC recalling PDF's to me sounds like it is indeed for piracy, but I think they plan on trying to recover some of the old fan income by forcing people that play D&D and not $e to join DDI just so they can download PDF's.

To further extend the Star Wars analogy, it is like making all the old fans tolerate the NEW EDITIONS instead of being able to just enjoy the old.

I'm not sure how to react to this, Knight... but good work with the prequels. I'm just waiting for the Real Trilogy now

/d

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  17:52:20  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

To be fair, who knows what Realms would be around if WOTC had not stepped in, so it's nor fair to compare them to Anakin.
Now Hasbro on the other hand.........

Okay, this is way off topic, but kinda is.

I've always loved that they looked at Anakin as 'the One' from the prophecy. The prophecy was that one would arise who would bring balance to the Force. And, Anakin fulfilled that prophecy, just not in the way the Jedi Council wanted. Look at the situation: Jedi are hundreds strong, while the Sith have been wiped out. Anakin comes around and wipes out the Jedi, thus putting both on an equal playing field.

I remember when WotC first announced that they bought out TSR. Almost every gamer I knew was sure it would be the ruination of D&D and that WotC would change the game into just another collectible card game. But, Peter Adkinson and the crew he brought together (Monte, Skip, etc.) wound up relaunching the game in such a way to bring it back from the dead. (It doesn't matter if you like 3E or not, they *did* save the game from bankruptcy)

Peter was (one of) the first to leave after the Hasbro buy-out (less than a year after 3E was released) due to his disenchantment with how Hasbro wanted to run the company:
quote:
Peter Adkinson's Open Letter 12/14/2000
As of January 1st 2001 I will no longer be an employee of Wizards of the Coast/HasbroNo, I'm not getting fired or layed off. I'm leaving voluntarily. I'm sure many of you will want to know why.

Well, I don't think that the core of my reasoning is any more complicated than this. When you start a company and run it as CEO for many years you think of it as your own. Yes there are other shareholders and a board of directors you answer to, but your vote is always the biggest vote. Then you sell the company and you go along trying to make the best of the situation, telling yourself that you still have the same responsibilities as before, plus a vote in something even bigger. That works for awhile until something happens that you object to and in spite of your best efforts you find yourself powerless to stop it. At that point you are forced to accept the fact that the company is no longer yours, that you no longer carry the biggest vote, and that can be difficult to take.

I'm not naive. I always knew intellectually this was the case, but to think you understand something and then actually experience it are two different things.

Ever since their purchase of WotC (for Pokemon rights), Hasbro has had problems running the company. They rolled up all the computer licensing into Hasbro Interactive, then let them slip and sold them off to Infogrammes (now Atari). Then they sold off the conventions. Then they closed all the Wizards stores. Then they released 3.5 (yes, it solved a lot of issues, but even I know a marketing ploy for money). And before they even finished 3.5 they started on 4.0. And, I just have a feeling in my gut that when they went to the designers for 4th, they had them build it so they could release core books every year for profit (it's not wrong to set something up for profit).

Now, when the 4E books aren't doing as well as Hasbro would like (much like movie executives, they believe sequels should make the same amount of money, if not more than, as the original), we see decisions to stop selling pdfs of out-of-print material. I honestly believe Hasbro is having great difficulty figuring out this RPG 'stuff' and trying to shove our square peg through their round holes.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 16 Apr 2009 17:52:44
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  18:10:27  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Heck, even 1E had more "crunch" books than was absolutely necessary. I mean, was there really a need for the Wilderness Survival Guide? I'm not bashing the book, I'm just saying that WotC and TSR before them have always made supplemental books. There's nothing wrong with that.
The kind of modular rules supplement we're talking about didn't start until the post-Gygax TSR days, from 1987 or so.
quote:
What does it matter if they're for DMs or players?
The 1990s move to selling books to players rather than DMs -- with the PHBR series and White Wolf clan books etc. -- is one of the big shifts in the history of the industry, and had a massive (I think highly negative) effect on the type of books published, the nature of the games, and players' attitudes.
quote:
Rules additions are rules additions. DMs can make use of the same rules players can...
Sadly, now we have players also thinking they can use the same rules DMs can, and ludicrously labelling everything other than acting as an executor for the rules 'DM fiat'.
Go to Top of Page

Rabiesbunny
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  18:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Rabiesbunny's Homepage Send Rabiesbunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hasbro has a tendency to do this with merchandise that has been there own, as well. Though it is not the same, my real disdain for Hasbro began back in 2003, I believe. I am a huge collector and fan of the Transformers line (excluding the live action movie, which I severely dislike). BotCon, the transformers convention in America, used to be run by an independent company with Hasbro's permission.

They would have custom toys made by Hasbro for the Con (which was naturally a good money-making tactic), and cut some deals. But all-in-all, it was a low-key production. Unofficial fansubs of the Japanese transformers shows were shown in the video rooms, along with unofficial fan videos and not-store-bought transformers tapes, as Rhino's releases have always been horrible.

The company working Botcon would always cut deals with the hotel, giving you a heavily discounted room with your weekend pass, and you got many special deals for registering in advance. When Hasbro took it over, the changes were immediate and drastic. Room rates went up. Botcon was always held at a Radisson, Ramada, Hilton- someplace with a sizeable convention center. They stopped offering room discounts, which upped the price of entry by at least 50.00 a day. Fan activities that were independent of merchandise were removed, and now that it was tied directly to the Transformers Collector's Club, the prices of the exclusives went up too.

Perhaps off topic, but my point is that this is all a VERY Hasbro, big company tactic - They've owned Transformers for years, and they have made steps to alienate a fanbase of something they know an awful lot about. Ashe's assessment of 'square peg, round hole' is just right. They just muck it up further with RPGs.

"Then I was right. Jobe has all his children killed, and Michael Bay gets to keep making his movies. There is no god."
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2009 :  22:38:34  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Beautiful. Lines like that don't write themselves!

"Luke Pathfinder."

Can we get a midichlorine count on 4E?

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2009 :  22:43:26  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Now, when the 4E books aren't doing as well as Hasbro would like (much like movie executives, they believe sequels should make the same amount of money, if not more than, as the original), we see decisions to stop selling pdfs of out-of-print material. I honestly believe Hasbro is having great difficulty figuring out this RPG 'stuff' and trying to shove our square peg through their round holes.

Really? Because I see the peg and hole positioning reversed with Hasbro trying to shove their peg into our... well, you get the idea.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2009 :  02:41:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I feel the 4e books are not meeting their goals as well, but am tiring of the arguement about sales numbers. I am admitted a bit biased, and since we can't see the actual sales numbers to compare...it is a moot point. I will hereby try to not assume sales are horrid. I have seen many uses of this for and against 4e, but we just don't know. (and that is frustrating!)

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2009 :  02:57:51  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup . . . the whole issue of sales is beyond our's to know anything about. They may be great, they may not, they may be great but not what Hasbro wants, they may be great and exactly what Hasbro wants . . . there is an infinite number of permutations here that we have no way of narrowing down, so its pretty much a moot point.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2009 :  04:55:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its simple.

If you're disatisfied with a company's products or services STOP BUYIG THEM.

It really can't get any simpler then that, and there's no reason to complain. Then it will be their turn to complain when they aren't making any money.

I've actually gotten to the point where their latest 'faux pas' elicits little more then a yawn from me. You know you're still a fan when you can still get angry... now I'm just indifferent.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Apr 2009 17:55:52
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2009 :  09:17:16  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed, i've given up on 4e unless they pull out somekind of wonder product.

Ironically spending the time getting to know 2e better, which was one of the more flexible systems.
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2009 :  14:21:59  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it evil of me to WANT WoTC to pull more and more of these stunts to the point that they fail as a company?

The company I've worked for has making similiarly "stupid" moves that defy logic and my "limited" business sense. Though my company's moves can be filed under the pride being the cause. Not sure what basic human behavior is the cause of WoTC's decisions.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2009 :  15:18:45  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, judging by Hasbros tendency to sit on brands just so nobody else can make money off them, if WotC fail then there is a chance that d&d would disappear. However if it is really worth as much as people think it'll probably find some way to make it into a cash cow.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2009 :  18:06:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 'moves' are only stupid when viewed through the concept that the company in question is trying to expand, grow their brand, and increase market share.

Unfortunately, that is NOT what the executives of most major companies want ('growing' the company means they have to work harder). What THEY all want to do is bleed the company dry, ask for a bail-out, then bleed it dry again, and then start the entire process over with some other corporation.

In the 80's they called that technique 'Corporate Raiding' - now its just business-as-usual. Skim every bit of profit off the top, keep down-sizing to fake profitability to the shareholders, and continue to give yourselves fatter and fatter slices of the pie.

I'm sorry (mods) for getting so "real world" in this thread, but thats really what it's all about - it has very little to do with the companies themselves (Hasbro and WotC), and everything to do with greedy executives 'raping' their companies.

D&D is just another victim here of that mind-set.

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Apr 2009 18:08:03
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  02:21:18  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to admit I've grown rather indifferent to all this as well.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  11:43:02  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just want to add that more books were always fun, no matter how useless, and no matter which edition

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  13:55:24  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, Alisttair. Information is always better than none. Heck, I've made no bones about how I feel regarding the Spellplague and everything after, yet I adored Blackstaff Tower and am giddy about Brian's tweets updating the GHotR post-Spellplague.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000