Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 The Descent Of The Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2009 :  15:03:16  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I spend more time in the nature and gardening sections nowadays.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2009 :  15:07:16  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Yeah, I spend more time in the nature and gardening sections nowadays.

I've been over in the art (mostly digital art) section. My skills are still not worthy to show, but I've been trying harder nowadays.

I've also noticed that the 'gaming' section in the bookstores seems to have declined a bit. Where there used to be a wall of material, now I find only a shelf or two (if that). Which, of course, leads me to believe (correctly or incorrectly, I don't know) that 4th Edition is not doing well.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2009 :  15:16:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I think we've well and truly headed into the dread "off-topic" territory. Let's bring it back to the subject matter, eh?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2009 :  17:30:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sage - with all due respect, the fact that people would rather talk about something other then FR on a site dedicated to FR SPEAKS VOLUMES about the subject that the topic is on.

Think of it as proof.

I've also gone back to reading history books - another hobby of mine - but always on cultures that I want to 'borrow from' for my Realms. So even when I am reading about other subjects, it's always with the thought in mind of improving my game.

At least I managed to steer it back to the Realms there...

As for the topic at hand - you can give-up on Wasbro, but don't give-up on the Realms. Not only are there tons of historic periods that would be cool to play in, but we have an entire decade of game time left in 3e, which in real-time amounts to about 25 years of gaming!

I don't know about you, but if my FR came to an end 25 years from now I'd be 70! I think I can let it go at that point.

And if you want rules-support, check-out Paizo' Pathfinder Rules... you'll even be able to find Ed's original 'Dark Elves' over there (since he wrote that part), which you can retro-fit back into the Realms.

Use whatever rules you like, but never give-up on the Realms - they've given US so much....

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 12 Feb 2009 20:08:27
Go to Top of Page

ShepherdGunn
Seeker

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  18:24:57  Show Profile  Visit ShepherdGunn's Homepage Send ShepherdGunn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has been months since I last posted. I've gone to running Star Wars Saga Edition (which is what I think D&D should have gone to, in my opinion) and I've been loath to go back to Faerun. I really miss the setting though, so I decided to pop in today to the D&D Wot-zi section of the website. I was curious to see if I could find some new Realmslore, or something that would give me a reason to start running FR again.

That's when the survey popped up. I thought, "Ooooo! Hey! A chance to put some input in!" The first question was if I was currently playing D&D or if I had stopped. Well apparently their quota of people who had stopped. Hmm... not encouraging....

Then I saw it... Bane... the 301st Spartan!?!?!? I almost cried.

My only choice now is to do what everyone has said, "Make it my own." I've been leery of doing so, I've been hoping beyond hope that something could be done to bring the world that Ed and so many others had worked so hard on back to sanity... but it looks like the only sanity will be found in the gaming sessions that we as players run.

I have decided to look at the Realms with renewed eyes... with MY eyes... and to run the Realms that have now been truly Forgotten.

"Man does not live by bread alone, likewise, blades and arrows aren't the only things that can kill him."
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  18:34:59  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

Take solace that Rich Baker- contrary to popular belief- is not going to show up and take your old books.

Wait, you mean I DIDN'T have to get those orc security guards from Rent-A-Monster? Now you tell me! I had to pay for a three-year contract! They've turned my living room into an orcish camp, ate the neighborhod pets, and have mugged my mailman so many times I had to pay for a PO box.

All that money wasted!

Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  18:36:20  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shemmy

Paizo's planar book for Golarion will be out in 2009.

And while it isn't Planescape, that's where a majority of my inspiration comes from in terms of general atmosphere to the planes, with a dash of flavor from my own style of running planar campaigns. And again, while it isn't branded with Planescape on the cover, Paizo has Colin McComb of the original PS design team writing the first planar module within the setting. I've read a good chunk of the draft, and it's awesome. Trust me on this. Vintage awesomeness.

But will it have our beloved Shemmy arcanaloths?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  20:12:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Think of Golarion as the world FR could have been, if people like Ed, Elaine, and Shemmy didn't have their hands tied by corporate NDAs, deadlines, and page-counts.

We are talking about "Ed: Unchained" here.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ikki
Seeker

Finland
57 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  23:16:20  Show Profile  Visit Ikki's Homepage Send Ikki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

The Sage - with all due respect, the fact that people would rather talk about something other then FR on a site dedicated to FR SPEAKS VOLUMES about the subject that the topic is on.

Think of it as proof.

I've also gone back to reading history books - another hobby of mine - but always on cultures that I want to 'borrow from' for my Realms. So even when I am reading about other subjects, it's always with the thought in mind of improving my game.

As for the topic at hand - you can give-up on Wasbro, but don't give-up on the Realms. Not only are there tons of historic periods that would be cool to play in, but we have an entire decade of game time left in 3e, which in real-time amounts to about 25 years of gaming!

I don't know about you, but if my FR came to an end 25 years from now I'd be 70! I think I can let it go at that point.

And if you want rules-support, check-out Paizo' Pathfinder Rules... you'll even be able to find Ed's original 'Dark Elves' over there (since he wrote that part), which you can retro-fit back into the Realms.

Use whatever rules you like, but never give-up on the Realms - they've given US so much....

Which brings me to another point.

if so many are.. dissatisfied.. with what the 4e is, and there is a wish to keep candlekeep going..
Why not begin a compiling of the year. Dare i say, get creative, and invent future happenings for the years since 1374-75 ;)

Perhaps a effort that could be monthly, creating one or two things for the month that is finally compiled as a event for the year?

Maybe this should be a thread of its own
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  23:25:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ikki

quote:

Think of it as proof.

Which brings me to another point.

if so many are.. dissatisfied.. with what the 4e is, and there is a wish to keep candlekeep going..
Why not begin a compiling of the year. Dare i say, get creative, and invent future happenings for the years since 1374-75 ;)

Perhaps a effort that could be monthly, creating one or two things for the month that is finally compiled as a event for the year?

Maybe this should be a thread of its own

We've actually talked about something like this before, during those "Current Clack" discussions of a few years ago. Basically, we were initially intent on setting up Realmslore articles that would be styled in a similar fashion to the much-loved "Current Clack" articles from earlier editions of the Realms. That idea eventually morphed into the Candlekeep Compendium.

There might still be something to just the basic "Current Clack" idea though. Perhaps as an additional contribution to the Compendium? Hmmm.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  23:31:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ikki

Perhaps an effort that could be monthly, creating one or two things for the month that is finally compiled as a event for the year?
Because there may come a time when WotC 'goes after' anyone producing ANY 4e material without signing their license.

Although the 'game rules' portion of 4e doesn't really kick-in until after the starting date of 1479 DR, technically the Spellplague itself, and all the events that lead up to it - including the final 10 pages of the GHotR - may be construed as 4e canon.

And I'm sure the guys in charge don't want any of their precious lore 're-written'.

For better or worse, we must, for now, stay entirely pre-1376 DR, in order to keep "under the radar".

I have a feeling NO pre-4e FR website will be allowed to exist after the website license comes out, but we shall see what we shall see.

In the meantime, I'm petitioning Erik Mona to include a "Torchkeep" somewhere in Golarion... just in case.

Edit: Had to edit my post, because sage beat me to the punch.

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Feb 2009 19:27:22
Go to Top of Page

Ikki
Seeker

Finland
57 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2009 :  07:38:42  Show Profile  Visit Ikki's Homepage Send Ikki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And naturally it would have to stay within the 3e agreement for 3rd party producers. Just to avoid legal hassle, ofcourse someone across the pond and outside the anglosphere cares less than not about any cease and desist letters ;)

And as for 4e canon, well, dont exactly care for that either. And im sure the amnish war can be rewritten along with other such issues.

A currect clack perhaps with a occasional adventure added in? That would be something beautiful.
But will it be allowed, as Markus wonders above? Any pre-SP-FR does face a risk of being attacked just for being competition. Even as a free alternative. Or perhaps especially..
But i guess theres just one way of finding out, and if that comes around, draw new conclusions. (id prefer a "The Vigil" or even "Claw of History" to "Torchkeep", the latter strikes me as bookburners :D )

In the meantime, pleace do steam ahead! :)
I could even assist, just give me a narrow enough part to worry about.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2009 :  09:59:09  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Take the 10-20% of decent material in the 4e Realms and backwards-engineer it into the 3e Realms. Its not all bad, but the over-abundance of bad tends to eclipse the few juicy tidbits you can find if you rumage around, and there's no sense letting those go to waste.

Then use whatever ruleset you prefer.

Edit: And DEFIANATELY ignore the assinine timeline advancment - that serves no purpose - not even the one they say was the reason (the Spellplague covered that quite well all by itself). That was done solely to give the authors more 'elbow room' to write in, and detracts from the game setting in every way imaginable.

I cannot agree more, Markus. I´m using the good old 1370-1372 FR that I love, and testing the 4th Edition ruleset, and I´m very happy with this.

And, like others have said, this leave me with more time and money to spare in some good stuff of old editions that I don´t have (FR, Planescape and Dark Sun)

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2009 :  17:37:30  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-And, believe it or not, some of them are awesomer.
I strongly disagree with that sentiment.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2009 :  16:33:17  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

Sadly no, but as far as a thematic successor, at least one of the various daemon subraces has some similarity to them in terms of ethos. The meladaemons - servitors of Trelmarixian the Archdaemon of Wasting - are obsessed with experimentation on mortal souls and even those of other outsiders and their own kind, and they've got a quasi-religious, ritualistic take on the consumption of soul-stuff. Their appearance was also inspired by a unique yugoloth lord from one of my campaigns.

See http://pics.livejournal.com/wesfox/pic/000067a2/ - That was Trelmarixian in my home game.

Can't say specifically if there will be any artwork of him in The Great Beyond, but it's almost assured that there will be artwork for the meladaemons in general in another book/module coming out around the same time.

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2009 :  16:38:14  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh . . . Meladaemons immediately put me in mind of melodrama . . . were those the daemons that had a hand in the creation of the Urdefhan?
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2009 :  00:32:05  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

Sadly no

Oh, well, there's nothing preventing mefrom 'porting them over in my own campaigns, any more than mind flayers or beholders. WOTC isn't sending guys around to break fingers if you use stuff that isn't OGL in the privacy of your own home, after all.

quote:
but as far as a thematic successor, at least one of the various daemon subraces has some similarity to them in terms of ethos. The meladaemons - servitors of Trelmarixian the Archdaemon of Wasting - are obsessed with experimentation on mortal souls and even those of other outsiders and their own kind, and they've got a quasi-religious, ritualistic take on the consumption of soul-stuff. Their appearance was also inspired by a unique yugoloth lord from one of my campaigns.

See http://pics.livejournal.com/wesfox/pic/000067a2/ - That was Trelmarixian in my home game.

Can't say specifically if there will be any artwork of him in The Great Beyond, but it's almost assured that there will be artwork for the meladaemons in general in another book/module coming out around the same time.

Aww, cute! I love anything canid. And the description makes them sound rather different.

BTW, I'm assuming that Golarion/Paizo's daemons are different from the ones described in Green Ronin's Hordes of Gehenna/Book of Fiends?
Go to Top of Page

Boulder Warshield
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2009 :  20:17:51  Show Profile  Visit Boulder Warshield's Homepage Send Boulder Warshield a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay here goes..of course I heard the rumors.And then I watched the news and Gary Gygax had indeed passed on to the greatest GenCon in the sky.So after this I hear more filters and tendrils of vileness.But being a father of 4 and with the economy going down the tubes our middle class lifestyle all of a sudden became lower-middle class.Hence it took me a bit over two years to once again make it to a mall...4 days ago actually and I got to sit down and thumb through the 4e FR Camapign Manual and my heart literally felt as if it broke.

I've been a Realms fan since the original Old Grey Box..it captured my imagination like nothing before or after.I am still dumbfounded.I understand the sentiment that now we should make the Realms our own and just act like nothing ever happened blahzay blah...and I do not agree with that sentiment nor do I agree with the new canon.I am truly angered and frustrated with the logic of if something isn't broken...why try to fix it? All that being said, and sadly to be sure.I am going to take my part of the Realms ...pffft! And continue to operate in the Dark Ages with a world that will continue to be in stasis.And that in itself defies logic and takes a bit of the immersion and realism aspect from my rp perspective.I shouldn't have to take over other peoples creations and pc's/npc's and make them mine and pen heroic deeds for them to fit into any world I create.Those belong to other people.

Sorry for the rant but as I am so far behind the times and just now able to see what they did to my escape from reality it feels as though they ate a lil piece of my personal heaven.They can keep the 4th ed. and stick it where the sun does not shine because I for one will not waste my hard earned money on any of it.I can barely afford to go to the mall...it is 60+ miles away after all ...lol.Anyways thank god for Neverwinter Nights and it's stable setting and easily changeable parts.Like someone else said "An old friend is gone." To me it was more than a friend...through some of the darkest parts of my childhood it was a warm and comfortable blanket...damn shame my blanket now has to be unpatchable...thanks for taking the time to read this rant of a novel.I just felt it should be typed in front of others who might actually understand. First post here btw...hope I find reason to post more...

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2009 :  23:06:06  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Change is something that is always difficult and in the case of the Realms, we will never know the true imperatives in relation to the change other than the obvious one that it needed to change in some way to accomodate the new edition of the game.

The method in which they adapted the Realms to 4E was never going to please everyone. Whether they did a good, bad or indifferent job is a matter of opinion.

Throughout this whole transitional process, my main source of disappointment was when I realised that there would be only three 4E FR books published, with one being an adventure. It made me realise that game writers who could make the 4E Realms continue to live, grow and improve were left only with the truncated medium of the DDI to 'weave their magic'.

It is a medium that I do not expect will do justice to the Realms and will not allow the Realms to 'live, grow and improve' before 5E comes along. Whether the Realms will be around for 5E as anything but a place to set novels in is anyone's guess.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  01:09:53  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Boulder Warshield
I've been a Realms fan since the original Old Grey Box..it captured my imagination like nothing before or after.I am still dumbfounded.I understand the sentiment that now we should make the Realms our own and just act like nothing ever happened blahzay blah...and I do not agree with that sentiment nor do I agree with the new canon.

I understand what you mean...but if we don't like and won't accept the new Realms, and don't want to give up on the setting entirely, there is really nothing we can do besides make the setting our own. And I think it's liberating.

quote:
I shouldn't have to take over other peoples creations and pc's/npc's and make them mine and pen heroic deeds for them to fit into any world I create.Those belong to other people.

It's understood by both Ed (creator of the Realms) and WotC (owner of the Realms) that part of the "point" of the setting is for people to use it however they desire to.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  01:39:22  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, not to harp (especially since I'm on a pro-WotC high ATM), but there is a rather interesting thread over at WotC ATM, wherein a poster has asked the question "Has 4eFR lost it's Shiney?"

Now, just the fact that this is a person who is very pro-4e and has been playing it since before the books were even released, and now finds it simply doesn't have 'enough' to keep his interest would be telling enough. We could, I guess, chalk him up as an aberration and think everyone else playing 4eFR still feels the 'Shiney'.

HOWEVER... this guy is the AWARD-WINNING, west-coast regional gamemaster for the LFR!!!

And he's growing bored with it...

He says the old setting had way too much lore (and he's happy its gone), but the new one doesn't even have enough basic information to run a game.

Hmph... do tell....

George Krashos responded with a very insightful "Be careful what you wish for".

Anyhow... I have to hand it to Hasbro - they aren't the biggest toy company in the world for nothing. Think about it... folks are getting bored with FR JUST BEFORE 4e Eberron is being released.

Talk about the most perfectly-timed piece of planned obsolescence I have ever had the privilege to behold.

While the gamer in me sheds yet another tear for my boyhood hobby, the businessman in me stands up and gives them a hearty round of applause - that was masterfully accomplished.

I figure 4e Eberron's got about a 12-month self-life as well...

Edited by - Markustay on 13 Mar 2009 05:53:43
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  03:20:56  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Will it be Greyhawk or Darksun that comes next? Maybe Dragonlance?

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  03:24:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DRAGONLANCE will be getting a 4e update. We know that much from last year's GenCon. But no firm release dates have been given so far.

EBERRON is likely to be the next setting published for 4e.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  03:38:08  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Eberron Campaign Guide should hit stores in June and the Player's Guide in July.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  05:25:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eberron in a couple of months, but I have a feeling we will be seeing something else before they get to Dragonlance.

I'm thinking Dragonlance in 2011, Ravenloft in 2012, and 5e in 2013.

Then again, Dragonlance could be next, after Eberron, in 2010

Edited by - Markustay on 13 Mar 2009 05:25:51
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  05:57:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm thinking Dragonlance in 2011, Ravenloft in 2012, and 5e in 2013.

Then again, Dragonlance could be next, after Eberron, in 2010

If I recall correctly the notes made from the DL discussion at GenCon last year... the DLCG will likely be in 2010. But I should point out that this was information collected in August '08. And a lot of things -- schedule-wise -- may have changed at Wizards since then.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  12:47:10  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either way, they should be sure to announce it at Gen-Con this year.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  12:56:34  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I have known about Eberron being released for awhile. I was trying to get Markus to start speculatin about the next setting. I would like to see Greyhawk next myself.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  16:40:35  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

If I recall correctly the notes made from the DL discussion at GenCon last year... the DLCG will likely be in 2010. But I should point out that this was information collected in August '08. And a lot of things -- schedule-wise -- may have changed at Wizards since then.
I just have a hunch they may have made changed their mind about certain things, because 4e hasn't developed the kind of momentum they were hoping it would (as 3e did).

I'm expecting a surprise announcement, which they may be saving for Gencon, but since this is a hunch, and has little to do with facts in evidence, I'll just bite my tongue... for once.

Edited by - Markustay on 13 Mar 2009 16:41:29
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2009 :  17:16:22  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm expecting a surprise announcement, which they may be saving for Gencon, ...

4.5E

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000