Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for George Krashos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 42

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2022 :  03:33:07  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi George!

I see you listed as having a hand in the Grand History of the Realms. Could you perhaps shed any light on Auseriel, where it is and what it is like?

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2022 :  22:52:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Naeryndam

Hi George!

I see you listed as having a hand in the Grand History of the Realms. Could you perhaps shed any light on Auseriel, where it is and what it is like?

I had input into the entries re Auseriel in GHotR with Eric Boyd only because we were told very late in the piece that Rich Baker had forgotten that the Tree of Souls was there and had planted it in reclaimed Myth Drannor in his novel trilogy. I came up with the idea of the white dragon attack and originally wanted the tree to be wrecked, etc. and a new sapling emerges which is then reclaimed and returned to Evermeet for replanting in Myth Drannor.

In editing the decision was made that the Tree was never actually planted there and the timeline entries you see in GHotR were inserted accordingly.

You have to understand that at the time we were not privy to the impending events of the Spellplague and 4E - this product was written in Feb-April 2007. I found out about the changes at Gen Con in August of that year. Similarly, the timeline entries after 1375 DR (notice how they move away from specific dates) were created by WotC and I was unaware of them until the product was published.

So in relation to your question, I have never detailed Auseriel in any way. No one has officially to my knowledge. WotC used to have a general policy that specific creations of particular authors were "left alone" by other writers. At least mostly. At that time, Elaine was slated to revisit Auseriel in her writing and so it never received any official attention.

Given that Salvatore has now gone with the idea of a good drow city in the frozen North I expect that Auseriel will never be mentioned again by WotC. So the good news is that you have free rein to do what you like with it.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2022 :  16:09:22  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Naeryndam

Hi George!

I had input into the entries re Auseriel in GHotR with Eric Boyd only because we were told very late in the piece that Rich Baker had forgotten that the Tree of Souls was there and had planted it in reclaimed Myth Drannor in his novel trilogy. I came up with the idea of the white dragon attack and originally wanted the tree to be wrecked, etc. and a new sapling emerges which is then reclaimed and returned to Evermeet for replanting in Myth Drannor.

In editing the decision was made that the Tree was never actually planted there and the timeline entries you see in GHotR were inserted accordingly.

You have to understand that at the time we were not privy to the impending events of the Spellplague and 4E - this product was written in Feb-April 2007. I found out about the changes at Gen Con in August of that year. Similarly, the timeline entries after 1375 DR (notice how they move away from specific dates) were created by WotC and I was unaware of them until the product was published.

So in relation to your question, I have never detailed Auseriel in any way. No one has officially to my knowledge. WotC used to have a general policy that specific creations of particular authors were "left alone" by other writers. At least mostly. At that time, Elaine was slated to revisit Auseriel in her writing and so it never received any official attention.

Given that Salvatore has now gone with the idea of a good drow city in the frozen North I expect that Auseriel will never be mentioned again by WotC. So the good news is that you have free rein to do what you like with it.

-- George Krashos

Thanks George! Hmmm, yeah I think I am going to just run with the last thing you said and just make Auseriel my own. I have an elf PC who, for backstory purposes, is trying to flee some very bad and very powerful extra-planars who have just murdered members of his family. I'm looking for a remote and near unknown place for him to disappear to. Evermeet is too well-known, so I was thinking maybe Auseriel? I can always just create something, but I try to keep things as consistent with the lore as I can usually.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2022 :  18:58:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

This is sad to me on so many levels (the main being that Elaine was slated to revisit it and won't now). Part of me also wants to find out what Salvatore is doing with that city for myself, just to try and keep in the know.... but the other part of me doesn't want to read all the novels that I'm still behind in in his series. Think the last one I read they went to Gauntlgrym and found the sleeping primordial.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2022 :  23:00:00  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

-- George Krashos

This is sad to me on so many levels (the main being that Elaine was slated to revisit it and won't now). Part of me also wants to find out what Salvatore is doing with that city for myself, just to try and keep in the know.... but the other part of me doesn't want to read all the novels that I'm still behind in in his series. Think the last one I read they went to Gauntlgrym and found the sleeping primordial.

Yeah, Gauntlgrym. Boy, is that a major headache at the moment in terms of trying to reconcile this place in the historical narrative with the various sources. We are many hours in and still going.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2022 :  01:31:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

Yeah, Gauntlgrym. Boy, is that a major headache at the moment in terms of trying to reconcile this place in the historical narrative with the various sources. We are many hours in and still going.

— George Krashos

I forget the exactly storyline of the original neverwinter nights (think that was the name), but I remember it having the sarrukh having some kind of involvement with the heat source of Neverwinter. Granted computer games aren't canonical... and honestly, I can't remember what that plot was anymore... but I was surprised to hear they were possibly changing the heat source.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2022 :  02:31:23  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

— George Krashos

I forget the exactly storyline of the original neverwinter nights (think that was the name), but I remember it having the sarrukh having some kind of involvement with the heat source of Neverwinter. Granted computer games aren't canonical... and honestly, I can't remember what that plot was anymore... but I was surprised to hear they were possibly changing the heat source.

I think it actually had "Old Ones" who were a lot like sarrukh, but not specifically named as such. They were detailed for 3.5e in one of the "Silicon Sorcery" columns in Dragon.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2022 :  16:06:59  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

— George Krashos

I think it actually had "Old Ones" who were a lot like sarrukh, but not specifically named as such. They were detailed for 3.5e in one of the "Silicon Sorcery" columns in Dragon.

Thank you for that. So, Dragon #303 labels them "Creator Race" and shows them as very lizardfolk like... could just as easily be a variation on dragonborn if one wanted to twist it that way, or saurials too. But definitely NOT snake bottomed, gives them bonuses to arcane spellcasting of sorts, and their clawed hands are inordinately large

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2022 :  16:02:47  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, I've looked through the stuff I have and I cannot find any references to a place called Fort Helm. On the FRWiki entry for the Bridge of Fallen Men, it is on the map to the WNW of Proskur. Could you check your extensive notes to see if you have any information about it? Combined with Stormhawk (Power of Faerun) and the Sign of the Silver Harp (Code of the Harpers), that is the only other location I have seen near Proskur.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2022 :  23:05:46  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

— George Krashos

Victory!!! It's a little strange, but it all works.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2022 :  04:05:14  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd
It's a little strange, but it all works.

The Forgotten Realms has many taglines, but this here just might be one of my favorites.

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2022 :  10:05:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

George, I've looked through the stuff I have and I cannot find any references to a place called Fort Helm. On the FRWiki entry for the Bridge of Fallen Men, it is on the map to the WNW of Proskur. Could you check your extensive notes to see if you have any information about it? Combined with Stormhawk (Power of Faerun) and the Sign of the Silver Harp (Code of the Harpers), that is the only other location I have seen near Proskur.

It's from the map in the "Backdrop - Cormyr" article in Dragon #365 by Brian R James. He liked putting locations on maps and not providing any detail on the locations (or if he did, he overwrote and it got cut in editing). He did the same thing in his "Backdrop - Vaasa" article in Dungeon #117, his "Backdrop - Chessenta" article in Dungeon #178, and his "Backdrop - Sarifal" article in Dragon #376. It was kind of his thing.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2022 :  15:39:12  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

It's from the map in the "Backdrop - Cormyr" article in Dragon #365 by Brian R James. He liked putting locations on maps and not providing any detail on the locations (or if he did, he overwrote and it got cut in editing). He did the same thing in his "Backdrop - Vaasa" article in Dungeon #117, his "Backdrop - Chessenta" article in Dungeon #178, and his "Backdrop - Sarifal" article in Dragon #376. It was kind of his thing.

-- George Krashos

Thank you very much. That lets me know I have a free hand in what to do with it without fear of stepping on established lore.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2022 :  02:22:04  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, as a seeming keeper of languages, how are you with Gnim? I am looking for the gnome word for "Trailcloud". I figure, being an exacting sort of people, that is what they would call a chamber that had several Trail of Mists nexuses (nexi?). I am working on that Trail of Mists map and have need of that term now. I have some of the Sword Coast mapped out with there being a "Trailcloud" under the Citadel of Mists and the gnome settlement in the northern part of the Trielta Hills named Hulnimerle. There are some "bad stops" also like Warlock's Crypt and Arghenrock (both used to be gnome settlements per Ed).

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2022 :  09:10:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

George, as a seeming keeper of languages, how are you with Gnim? I am looking for the gnome word for "Trailcloud". I figure, being an exacting sort of people, that is what they would call a chamber that had several Trail of Mists nexuses (nexi?). I am working on that Trail of Mists map and have need of that term now. I have some of the Sword Coast mapped out with there being a "Trailcloud" under the Citadel of Mists and the gnome settlement in the northern part of the Trielta Hills named Hulnimerle. There are some "bad stops" also like Warlock's Crypt and Arghenrock (both used to be gnome settlements per Ed).

I can't help you with "trail cloud" in Gnomish as that lexicon remains rudimentary. You're going to have to ask the big man himself.

Oh, and the Gnomish word for their language is "Munthar", not "Gnim".

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 28 Jun 2022 09:13:12
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2022 :  14:42:35  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I can't help you with "trail cloud" in Gnomish as that lexicon remains rudimentary. You're going to have to ask the big man himself.

Oh, and the Gnomish word for their language is "Munthar", not "Gnim".

-- George Krashos

T'anks, Doc. I am off to see the wizard!

Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2022 :  21:49:36  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gnim, I believe was the word I came up with in my language article lo those many years ago.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2022 :  00:25:31  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you look in the FR Wiki, it says Gnim (and it references your Dragon mag language article). Munthar came from Ed in one of his many answers to questions here on Candlekeep. I have Munthar in my gnome notes, or gnotes, but Gnim is easier to remember. I take it as the Common name for the gnome language while Ed said that Munthar is what the gnomes themselves call it. Kinda like how English speakers say German for the language while Germans call it Deutsch.

Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2022 :  14:38:45  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing Iriaeban.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2022 :  06:55:35  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, I have another obscure language question for you: How are you with Talfiric? I am finding that including festivals based on the Talfir people and their history is putting me in the position of creating all kinds of words. Before I get too far along, I would just like to confirm with you that there isn't really much known about the Talfiric language beyond that it is "Greekish" and influenced by Draconic (that is from FR Wiki). As an example of what I have, I have that they called Shantel Othreier the "Shadowy Forest". By combining Draconic with Greek, I have come up with Skichaesos as the Talfiran name.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2022 :  07:53:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

George, I have another obscure language question for you: How are you with Talfiric? I am finding that including festivals based on the Talfir people and their history is putting me in the position of creating all kinds of words. Before I get too far along, I would just like to confirm with you that there isn't really much known about the Talfiric language beyond that it is "Greekish" and influenced by Draconic (that is from FR Wiki). As an example of what I have, I have that they called Shantel Othreier the "Shadowy Forest". By combining Draconic with Greek, I have come up with Skichaesos as the Talfiran name.

Well the Talfir were created by Mark Anthony for his Harper series novels. He provided some Talfir words/phrases which I've rendered as follows:

altaro = year
dala = book, tome
eb = of the
ki = on the (usually written as k')
mai = shadows, twilight (also 'mal' in some dialects/translations)
sai = nature, personality
telkadra = lion

I'm of Greek background, and they don't sound too Greek to me. And I'd steer clear of a too obvious Earth analogue, but your word needs some re-working given the above.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 27 Aug 2022 07:53:46
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2022 :  19:53:37  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. You are amazing.

Dropping the Greek connection and just staying with the Draconic angle, I have come up with the following:

alt (alt) = day
atar (UH-tar) = tomorrow
ces (ses) = tree
cesro (SES-ro) = forest
dalaroi (dahla-ROY) = library (basically)
ere (air) = through or continuation
iarho (i-AR-ho) = dance
ir (eer) = in the or within or enclosed by
hend (hend) = food
pesk (pesk) = storm
rhos (rhos) = unknown or not familiar
ruha (roo-HAH) = valley
Talf (TAHLF)= The People
Talis (TAHL-iss) = The Vision or The Foresight
vari (vahree) = dance
xen (zin) = fire

Talfir Cesmai (TALF-eer CES-mi) = The People Within the Tree Shadows today shorted to just The People Within (Talfir)
Maircesro (mair-SES-ro) = Shantel Othreier
Xenpesk (ZIN-pesk)= The raging fire/firestorm that destroyed Maircesro
Henderatar (hender-UH-tar) = Winter solstice festival originally celebrating survival of Xenpesk but now just a feast celebrating life/survival in general
Iarhoebrhos (i-AR-ho-EB-rhos) = Masked ball thrown by the Iriaeben oldcoin family Moonmoss (half-elven)
Ruharho (roo-HA-rho) = Festival held at Greengrass celebrating the fertility of the Chionthar river valley and surrounding area

Edit: Added pronunciations (I hope in a clear way).

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 28 Aug 2022 16:13:59
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2022 :  02:08:11  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love made up words as much as anyone but it's important to think of pronunciation. The letter "x" is usually challenging in that regard, as are vowel combinations and silent letters. These are made up - people don't have the language imprint of hearing the words everyday and write them down, to rely on. So my questions to you is how would you pronounce your words above, and if the pronunciation doesn't fold well into the phonetic layout of the word, you might consider making changes. I have no idea how you intend readers to pronounce "iaerhoebrhos", "ruharho" etc.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2022 :  15:29:59  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fair enough. They are based on Draconic so I would guess similar to that. The Draconic dictionary FRWiki article that I used doesn't have anything about pronunciation so I will edit my above posting with what I was sounding out while making them. I haven't tried anything like this before so hopefully it will be clear.

Edit: On second thought, not pronounced like Draconic. There would have been significant drift in the language for the canon words in Talfiric to be so different from the base languange.

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 28 Aug 2022 16:07:11
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2023 :  03:02:10  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, in your lexicon for Alzhedo, would you happen to have the following words?

tower
blue
stone
fire
magic

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2023 :  03:13:05  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

George, in your lexicon for Alzhedo, would you happen to have the following words?

tower
blue
stone
fire
magic

Tower = erat
Fire = nar
Blue = ayn

The only ones I don't have are stone and magic.

If I had to make them up, I would make "ranar" magic ("ranil" is a spell, "ranardin" would be wizard/mage) and "hanir" is stone (rough). Worked/crafted stone is "hanid".

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2023 :  16:10:07  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much. Based on what you have there I have come up with the following:

"hanar"(HAYN-ar) is stone that has been worked by magic
"raynar"(RAYEN-ar) is bluefire magic. This is NOT Bluefire. It is instead referencing a term for a type of magic (or magical tradition) going all the way back to the janni that first inhabited the lands of Calimshan.

So, to name a tower made from stone created/worked by the bluefire magic tradition would be:

Raynar'Hanerat (RAYEN-ar-HAIN-eerat)

Please let me know if that violates any Alzhedo word structure or uses any pre-existing Alzhedo words.

Edit: Added in pronunciation and fixed typo.

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 19 Mar 2023 16:27:57
Go to Top of Page

Rhufus
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2023 :  05:52:20  Show Profile Send Rhufus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, love all your posts on Impiltur. I would love to hear your thoughts on what has happened in Impiltur at the start of 5e. Lets say 1490DR is the current year, and the boy king never came to power and the different families continued to jockey for a chance at the throne but no single house has managed to get close and the Council is now more or less being controlled by various "new blood/new money" wealthy people and the country has continued to decline in terms of the Triadic Orders and such. Taking into account the waters have risen, the second sundering has happened, etc., I imagine the country has all but dissolved back into independent city states in practice and are only part of a "nation" in name. What houses would most likely be left in a position to make a play for the throne or would the nation become something more like Sembia where "the wealthy" make the rules and the working class becomes more and more desperate? I also imagine maybe Impiltur being on the edge of a kind of industrial / steampunkish place. I mean flying ships and machines are in the realms now I imagine steampunk is not too much of a stretch. What would flying ships do to trade in and around the Sea of Fallen Stars. Would Damara finally be able to trade with anyone instead of having to pass through Impiltur? Would flying ships become a powerful military tool for the first inner sea nation to start producing them? If Sonelion "disappears" during the second sundering what kind of change would that make in Impiltur to no longer be under her influence? Anyway I would love to get some ideas from you on possible directions to take Impiltur in 5e.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2023 :  13:35:11  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had some random thoughts about the post Spelllplague Impiltur, but nothing that anyone could describe as detailed. I think the 4E FR Campaign Book and the mention in the SCAG gives an idea that it's devolved back into rival city-states. I confess I'm not a fan of steampunk - I'm a boring, traditional, high fantasy Tolkien type - so I definitely don't have any thoughts in that direction. In reality, the state of the 5E Realms one hundred miles east of the Sword Coast is anyone's guess and in such a massive vacuum, it's very difficult to come up with stuff without adding scaffolding all around it. So that makes it a big job from the perspective of where I work on the Realms. So, I haven't mapped out 5E Impiltur. I may never map it out. But guess what? You are just as much an expert on 5E Impiltur as I am. Go have some fun with the place.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Rhufus
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2023 :  19:12:21  Show Profile Send Rhufus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've had some random thoughts about the post Spelllplague Impiltur, but nothing that anyone could describe as detailed. I think the 4E FR Campaign Book and the mention in the SCAG gives an idea that it's devolved back into rival city-states. I confess I'm not a fan of steampunk - I'm a boring, traditional, high fantasy Tolkien type - so I definitely don't have any thoughts in that direction. In reality, the state of the 5E Realms one hundred miles east of the Sword Coast is anyone's guess and in such a massive vacuum, it's very difficult to come up with stuff without adding scaffolding all around it. So that makes it a big job from the perspective of where I work on the Realms. So, I haven't mapped out 5E Impiltur. I may never map it out. But guess what? You are just as much an expert on 5E Impiltur as I am. Go have some fun with the place.

-- George Krashos

Maybe steampunk is not the best description. I'm thinking something like Napoleon era vibe to the realms. Flint lock or cannons technology. Warriors tend more toward breastplates and dueling blades along with pistols. I guess I was just trying to imagine how 5e Impiltur might have evolved from a technology standpoint and then from there decide what the economy and political landscape looks like.

Also, in your Impiltur campaign did the boy king ever make his dream happen? How did Impiltur change at the end of your campaign? Was the council disbanded or did the new monarch find themselves a puppet king? What about the deathknight former king of Impiltur did he play a part in your campaign? Just curious how your realms played out.

Lastly has Ed ever hinted at what Impiltur might look like in 5e during your conversations with the great sage?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 42 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000