Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Advice on the Bastards of Azoun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  07:54:13  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry. Meant to add beardless version.

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
728 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  08:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brace Cormaeril

. . .and Hasro/WotC's prestige class "Bastard of Azoun"... I agree, a bastard of Azoun would fit in quite nicely with "mainstream lore".

It's not actually a PrC, but a Regional Background allowing for slightly different Regional Feats and Bonus Equipment according to Champions of Valor.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

Edited by - Kyrene on 18 Jul 2010 08:19:46
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  09:46:50  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

quote:

. . .and Hasro/WotC's prestige class "Bastard of Azoun"... I agree, a bastard of Azoun would fit in quite nicely with "mainstream lore".

It's not actually a PrC, but a Regional Background allowing for slightly different Regional Feats and Bonus Equipment according to Champions of Valor.

There is? I thought it was a joke? What's the huge difference?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  13:50:47  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

quote:

There is? I thought it was a joke? What's the huge difference?

Champions of Valor, p. 22.

It basically replaces the region, but only changes the Feats and Equipment available.

quote:
Regional Feats: Bullheaded, Dreadful Wrath, Fearless, Luck of Heroes.

Bonus Equipment: (A) masterwork longsword; or (B) chainmail and 25 masterwork arrows or bolts; or (C) two 2nd-level scrolls.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  21:36:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why didn't we ever have a 'trollop of Elminster' PrC?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  21:56:53  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'm gonna guess Hasbro/WotC's gender neutrality clause stops just about on *that* side of the line...

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  01:32:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didn't go as far as a PrC, but I once had a *list* for a humour-heavy Realms campaign I once ran. Each name on the list was eventually to have her own leitmotif, but I never finished work on it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  02:20:59  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dumb question from Mr. Idiot.

What's leitmotif mean?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  02:55:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dracons

Dumb question from Mr. Idiot.

What's leitmotif mean?

A repeating melodic theme or phrase, every time a particular character was introduced. Kinda like the "Imperial March" each and every time Darth Vader came on the screen in any of the classic Star Wars films.

It's a concept usually exemplified in Wagnerian operas, whereby a specific tune or phrase would be tied to a particular character or scene.

In my example above, I had planned to craft exclusive leitmotifs for each and every individual... usually either sexually evocative/provocative -- and have them play each time they appeared in my campaign.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  20:57:51  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was just browsing the 3.5 archives on the WotC site and found this article: "Azoun's Offspring". Hope it helps (and that I didn't miss that another sage already posted said link).

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  23:22:16  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Was just browsing the 3.5 archives on the WotC site and found this article:"Azoun's Offspring". Hope it helps (and that I didn't miss that another sage already posted said link).

Oh I already have. But your going to get the credit for it. Happens alot. Even though I posted this very link on the very same page, not that far above you.

I get ignored alot everywhere though. Not a real shock. I mean, it was only 14 hours ago that I posted. Not even a day.

quote:
Originally posted by dracons

quote:

quote:

You know... we hear an awful lot about male bastards of Azoun...

But technically, a female could just as easily be one.

Has anyone ever asked Ed about that?

There is mention of two illegitimate daughters of the Dragon in a post by THO above, but I am not familiar with any other canon reference to female scions of the Forest Kingdom.

Tavantra Indimber is a female bastard (bitch...?) of Azoun.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rl/20061101a

Edited by - Dracons on 19 Jul 2010 23:25:39
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  23:31:26  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No need to get snarky about it.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  23:47:09  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not. I'm being honest from my past on message boards. I'll post something, people ignore it, and little later someone will post exactly what I said, and everyone will clamber on it and talk about it. It's just my life.

I don't mean to offend I really don't. I'm sorry if you think that.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000