Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Map of Shou Lung?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  18:46:50  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

When WotC explains to me WHY they found the word 'errata' offensive and deemed it neccessary to delete my post, then I will continue to develop stuff for 4e.

Since I know they will bever do that (because they have no reason for it, other then spite), they've just lightened my work load tremendously.

Heh. The word 'errata' doesn't exist at Wizbro except in reference to anything about previous editions. The term 'retcon' describes how they deal with their 'errata'. Just a couple of definitions from the 4E dictionary.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 09 Oct 2008 18:47:41
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  21:42:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back on Topic:
I should have a newer version - hopefully a finished one - of Northern Kara-Tur put up at my site by the end of today. I think Shou-Lung is done, so I'm just finishing up the Ama Basin region in the north, and slapping a few names on stuff that never had any (Mountains and rivers, mostly).

I wanted to split up Kara-Tur by doing a Shou-Lung and T'u Lung map seperately, but the really weird shape of Shou won't allow it (I'd have to change the top of the map from 'North' to 'Northwest'). So now, most of Shou will be in the top map, and all of T'u Lung (and the Warring States) in the bottom one.

Koryo will wind-up on the 'Islands' map, and southern Malatra (the Deeep Jungles, including the Living Jungle, Mahasarpa (from the OA WE) and my own Dweepam region) will be on a third map.

I think I may come out with a seperate Map showing the Plain of Horses (all the way north) and the Full Ama Basin, since it takes up too much room on either the Northern K-T Map or the Hordelands map.

Eventually - when EVERYTHING is done - I will cut the entire continent up into easily-printed 8½ x 11 pieces and put them all into a pdf Netbook (A Field-guide to Toril? ), which will be available here at the keep.

BTW - it's good that I took everything down - sometimes the best way to 'clean house' is to throw everything out and start over.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Oct 2008 04:41:56
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  03:32:05  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Back on Topic:
Eventually - when EVERYTHING is done - I will cut the entire continent up into easily-printed 8½ x 11 pieces and put them all into a pdf Netbook (A Field-guide to Toril? ), which will be available here at the keep.

BTW - it's good that I took everything down - sometimes the best way to 'clean house' is to throw everything out and start over.

Is it possible for you to post an updated mini Toril WIP map?

Can you also release the finished product (whenever that may be) as a "one big page" pdf? I personally prefer that format; others might as well. Having the easily-printed sections is nice, but I prefer not to print maps on my own printer; it's a monochrome laser about three years old; and getting the map printed at Staples or somewhere similar is out of my budget right now... but will definitely be done if my budget permits when the map is finished.

Thanks for all your hard work and for sticking with the project for us and for Candlekeep.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 10 Oct 2008 04:17:28
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  04:46:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What little I have done for Katashaka (just an outline), along with the Zakhara WIP and Evermeet are all in seperate files, to keep everything managable for me. I wasn't going to paste together a world map until everything was done.

A continental map is certainly possible - I'll see what I can do tonight (not everything is on the main map, since that mishap a few weeks ago I haven't pasted most of the smaller maps back into the big one yet).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Oct 2008 04:47:55
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  05:45:20  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What little I have done for Katashaka (just an outline), along with the Zakhara WIP and Evermeet are all in seperate files, to keep everything managable for me. I wasn't going to paste together a world map until everything was done.

Understandable... I was trying to assemble a larger regional map of the Golden Water/Hordelands area from your earlier releases, but discovered that they're at slightly different levels of magnification, and I wasn't able to establish an effective resizing before losing patience. That (my insane level of impatience) is the only reason I hadn't started such a project myself long ago.

quote:

A continental map is certainly possible - I'll see what I can do tonight (not everything is on the main map, since that mishap a few weeks ago I haven't pasted most of the smaller maps back into the big one yet).

Thanks! We look forward to seeing it.

Edited by - Jakk on 10 Oct 2008 05:46:17
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  06:00:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update:
Trying to post it as one big map isn't feasable - its 140" x 84"; even when I drop it down to 20" wide (which isn't legible) its too large to host at DeviantART. I'm trying right now, and it's not uploading.

Thats why I give you guys 'little bites'.

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Understandable... I was trying to assemble a larger regional map of the Golden Water/Hordelands area from your earlier releases, but discovered that they're at slightly different levels of magnification, and I wasn't able to establish an effective resizing before losing patience. That (my insane level of impatience) is the only reason I hadn't started such a project myself long ago. [;)
I'm trying to keep everything the same size from now on, so hopefully that won't be a problem for you in the future.

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Oct 2008 06:02:51
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  07:51:06  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And the drooling begins.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  14:23:09  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent. In my campaign, war is raging between the Silver League and the Empire of Netheril (Silver League=Luruar, Myth Drannor, Evereska, Cormyr), and it be perfect if the group just happened to stumble upon a portal that leads directly into Kuo Te Lung.

How did war start? Well...
---
FLASHBACK

Bowser, hero of the Second Battle of the Argon Hills in Abeir and defender of Tymanther, a noble and just Fighter, abruptly spat in one of the Nethernese Archwizard's face to test human anger.

Four encounters of pissed off Shades and shadow creatures and escaping Netheril later, the group makes it to Evereska (barely) and when asked if the diplomatic mission was a success, the answer is obvious: huge armies of black and red can be seen marching towards Evereska.

Shou Lung would definately help the League a lot, and some of the individuals in my group love diplomacy, so...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  20:32:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to shrink it all the way down to 12" wide, but at least you can an idea of how far I've progressed.

Faerkharan Mega-Continent

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  20:56:43  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool! Thanks for the visual update. It looks like Koryo/Wa/Kozakura and Zakhara are the "areas of least completion" so to speak?

Looks great! We'll do our best to be patient for the finished product. On which note... have you been able to track down names for geographical features (forests, mountains, etc) unnamed on the canon maps?

[edit] I'm not averse to said names being invented, but if names already occur in existing lore, I'm sure you would rather have those names on the map.

Consider this an open call for canon pre-4E Realms physical geography details that don't appear on the "official" pre-4E maps, until Markustay says otherwise. I don't want the poor man to be deluged, but I also know that he's something of a perfectionist... as am I.
[/edit]

Edited by - Jakk on 10 Oct 2008 21:05:27
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2008 :  23:28:01  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I had to shrink it all the way down to 12" wide, but at least you can an idea of how far I've progressed.

Nice, I just wish I could blow it up more.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  00:00:21  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure he will when its finished.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  00:00:22  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

-I just can't resist: That's the job of the Forgotten Realms designers!!

-Yes, yes, it's a joke.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 11 Oct 2008 00:00:52
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  00:01:10  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a great joke! It could not have been set up or delivered better.

Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  01:40:13  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Here's what I don't get. The old, veteran people of Forgotten Realms bicker and banter about what happened to their game...can't you just...run a 4E game that ISN'T set in 1479 DR? Hell, I plan on doing a campaign set during the Shadow Wars between the Calimshan Empire and the drow. And after that, at a personal request, to do another campaign set in 1372 DR, Year of Wild Magic. Like the rulebooks said, the things said in the books aren't engraved in stone (even if it is canon). It's ultimately your world.

But to stay on-topic...I LOVE that map. I can't wait when the thing is finally finished.

Tell me Mark, do you like Eberron at all?
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  02:21:52  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UNSpacy

Here's what I don't get. The old, veteran people of Forgotten Realms bicker and banter about what happened to their game...can't you just...run a 4E game that ISN'T set in 1479 DR?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else... but no, I couldn't do that. I really don't like the 4e rules and am in the camp of "4e isn't D&D."

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  08:40:44  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was originally planning to do just that (run 4e in a 3e world), but then when I picked-up the rules, I felt they weren't... 'full-bodied'... enough for my tastes. Maybe in a couple of years when they are finished (Psionics, Bards, Gnomes, Druids, etc, etc...).

And YES, I do like Eberron. I have no interest in running it, but I would love to play in a game there. Xendrik is Uber-cool (and I would have prefered something along those lines as opposed to the 'also-ran' Returned Abeir mini-setting we got shafted with), and I love their treatment of humanoids (as people rather then just monsters), and Scorpion-worshipping Jungle Dark Elves just tickle me in places I really shouldn't be tickled.

Did I mention I want a Choo-Choo for FR?

When I am done with the maps and start actually writing everything down, you will note that I sneak two Eberron races into the east... but only because they were a perfect fit.

quote:

Looks great! We'll do our best to be patient for the finished product. On which note... have you been able to track down names for geographical features (forests, mountains, etc) unnamed on the canon maps?
Up until a couple of weeks ago, everything in Kara-Tur proper was 100% canon.

However, with my 'lakes add' (and I even found some canon facts to back that up!), and a new ginormous swamp, I had to come up with a few of my own. Also, there was acouple of Mountain Ranges that didn't have names, and quite a few rivers. I have found EVERY canon one I could (I have every single canon source available for this region), but I'll still have to make a few up (I am finding some in text, though, like the Winto Forest and the Phu and Ranu Rivers, which appear on NO map).

I will compile a list of of all non-canon locations and names when I am done - most of the ones I'm fudging I'm either taking directly from Mandarin language or RW locales, or naming it after another nearby locale or event. The Koryo Mountain range in the north turned out so huge that I named parts of it other things, and related it to some of the lore associated with the Maraloi and the Ama Basin (And a long-forgotten deity named Amara).

I have at least two K-T 'experts' over at the WotC boards that watch me like a hawk, so they'll be able to double check all my work (weather I want them to or not).

I have picked-up quite a few mispellings on the FRIA maps, though, and a few of those were carried over from the boxed-set originals. I always defer to the names given in text.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2008 :  08:42:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Me too (on both counts).

I tried every size until I got down to that one - the file is just too damn big to try and host anywhere whole.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2008 :  10:48:21  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And YES, I do like Eberron. I have no interest in running it, but I would love to play in a game there. Xendrik is Uber-cool (and I would have prefered something along those lines as opposed to the 'also-ran' Returned Abeir mini-setting we got shafted with), and I love their treatment of humanoids (as people rather then just monsters), and Scorpion-worshipping Jungle Dark Elves just tickle me in places I really shouldn't be tickled.

When I am done with the maps and start actually writing everything down, you will note that I sneak two Eberron races into the east... but only because they were a perfect fit.

quote:

Up until a couple of weeks ago, everything in Kara-Tur proper was 100% canon.

However, with my 'lakes add' (and I even found some canon facts to back that up!), and a new ginormous swamp, I had to come up with a few of my own. Also, there was acouple of Mountain Ranges that didn't have names, and quite a few rivers. I have found EVERY canon one I could (I have every single canon source available for this region), but I'll still have to make a few up (I am finding some in text, though, like the Winto Forest and the Phu and Ranu Rivers, which appear on NO map).

Actually, what I was specifically asking about were canon names that don't appear on the maps... for example, the mountains between Whitehorn and the Tortured Lands, as well as those names you talk about above. I found their name somewhere, and I know I cited it in another of my posts on these scrolls somewhere, but it's almost 3AM where I am and I'm not as coherent as I'd like to be right now.

quote:
I will compile a list of of all non-canon locations and names when I am done - most of the ones I'm fudging I'm either taking directly from Mandarin language or RW locales, or naming it after another nearby locale or event. The Koryo Mountain range in the north turned out so huge that I named parts of it other things, and related it to some of the lore associated with the Maraloi and the Ama Basin (And a long-forgotten deity named Amara).

I have at least two K-T 'experts' over at the WotC boards that watch me like a hawk, so they'll be able to double check all my work (weather I want them to or not).

I have picked-up quite a few mispellings on the FRIA maps, though, and a few of those were carried over from the boxed-set originals. I always defer to the names given in text.

I remember a lot of misspellings on the 1E/2E maps and in the atlas as well... I have the FRIA CD, but it won't install any more, which means that I can't access any of the maps. I'm seriously ticked off. The biggest mistake on the 3E FRCS map, I think, was Ironfang Keep being in two places (carried over from 2E, I think) and named "IronFang Deep"... what do you know about the legitimacy of the second location (in the Orsraun Mountains)?

Anyway, that's all I have to distract you with right now; I'm trying to let you focus on the map. Thanks again for the update.

Edited by - Jakk on 12 Oct 2008 10:57:28
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2008 :  16:22:29  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So Mark, I see you're part of Kara-Tur Re-Dux.

That going good? (My Wizards account name is Scrinoverlord) I saw the Volume II: Kara-Tur Campaign Setting index, and it will be a BLESSING if you guys managed to write all that. I would feel as joyous as the PCs do when they slay Orcus, or when [insert mystical metaphor here].
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2008 :  01:36:42  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't want to sound like I'm pestering you, but...how does the maps go?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  00:34:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry - as I've already explained in the other map thread, I had a bad toothache, which was giving me migraines, all week.

So nothing got done... but I'm back to it, and I'll see what I can do either tonight or tomorrow.

quote:
Originally posted by UNSpacy

So Mark, I see you're part of Kara-Tur Re-Dux.

Actually, aside from a small (Tabot) contribution from Dagnirion (Lord Karsus there), I AM the project.

I did receive quite a bit of research help from BadCatMan and Dark Wizard over there in the Utter east east thread, and I have a least two OA-gurus watching my every move (which is great, because sometimes I need to be 'reigned in' when I get over-ambitious {read='silly'}).

And Yes, the geography part will most certainly come first, and all I have to do is start writing it all down (because I'm starting to know K-T better then my own neighborhood at this point).

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Oct 2008 05:13:40
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  04:26:44  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually, aside from a samll (Tabot) contribution from Dagnirion (Lord Karsus there), I AM the project.

I did receive quite a bit of research help from BadCatMan and Dark Wizard over there in the Utter east east thread, and I have a least two OA-gurus watching my every move (which is great, because sometimes I need to be 'reigned in' when I get over-ambitious {read='silly'}).

-Pshh. And they say that *I* have problems with my ego!?

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  05:05:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the Elven Netbook yours? Do I make any claims to it?

I started the project, and although I have gotten loads of good ideas from people as I've gone along, when it all comes together I think you are the only one who will actually submit an article.

So the rest is on me.

Everyone who contributed - even in a small way - will receive credit for their help.

You of all people should know what happens in these projects - lots of enthusiasm at the beginning, and then very little real help toward the end. What part of all that are you having a problem with?

Just as you have kept the Elven Netbook alive, so too have I with K-T.

Anyhow, the Living Jungle of Malatra is up, based primarily on the RPGA setting/campaign, and a few other sources, with some homebrew tidbits thrown in.

Hoping to have a newer WIP of Shou-Lung and T'u Lung up tomorrow.

EDIT: For anyone awaiting PM or E-Mail responses from me, my apologies - I've been swamped with them over the last few days, mostly becaue I wasn't on (to read them), and I will respond to everyone tomorrow.

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Oct 2008 05:13:15
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  20:12:58  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I was taking exception to the claim 'small'. As of right now, asides for the Tabot article, I helped you developed the Ki System (and tested it), as well as the Kio Ton Mu, Lama, Ninja, and Oni/Lung Sorcerer classes, as well as the Sumo, Ronin, and Yakuza PrCs. So, there!

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 16 Oct 2008 20:13:38
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2008 :  21:16:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My apologies...

I let the thread lie for about a year, and had forgotten about a lot of the earlier developments.

I'm going to have to pick the entire thread apart again.

I had to do that with the Utter East thread as well, because all the 'good stuff' got drowned out by discussion (which is also good stuff, but tends to obscure the usable campaign info).

When I said 'small', I was thinking geographically, and Tabot is indeed only a very small chunk of massive Kara-Tur. I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way - Since 4e came out, I have given very little thought to 3e mechanics for it.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  00:55:37  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OT, but since I have you both looking at this scroll and OT in the same direction...

Is there any way to get single-webpage download-friendly versions of these netbooks? If not, that's a project I'm happy to take on... assuming it's something you are interested in having done. Either respond on this scroll or PM me; I *try* to check the 'Keep every day.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  01:15:56  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

<chop>
Since 4e came out, I have given very little thought to 3e mechanics for it.

That's a shame... with the feedback on these scrolls, and the upcoming release of Pathfinder (already available in beta), the market for 3e mechanics is clearly still there, imo. I understand the apathy that threatens to set in when the new edition is mentioned, however; I almost succumbed to it recently. Anyway, I hope your toothache is cleared up and letting you get some more mapping done; looking forward to seeing Kara-Tur in its entirety.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  02:36:12  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

When I said 'small', I was thinking geographically, and Tabot is indeed only a very small chunk of massive Kara-Tur. I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way - Since 4e came out, I have given very little thought to 3e mechanics for it.

-I know. I am being riled up because I can. I'm Karsus!

-For what it's worth, I'm going to be doing more mechanical stuff, since the PCs in my own game are in the Oriental section. I reworked the Samurai class, and that can be adapted to Kara-Tur, since it's devoid of lore, other than the basic gist of what Samurai are, and I'm going to rework a few of the PrCs in Oriental Adventures to be more "general". I can finagle a "In Kara-Tur" type thing, to make a few mentions of where certain PrCs would fit. Henshin Mystics, or Iaujutsu Masters, for instance. Meh, I'll tell you about it in the Kara-Tur Re-Dux thread.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2008 :  04:59:00  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Me too (on both counts).

I tried every size until I got down to that one - the file is just too damn big to try and host anywhere whole.

Just how big is that? I'm assuming that it'll be a bit smaller once you're "finished" (in quotes for a reason) and you eliminate the layers.

However, before you reach that point... warning... anal-retentive pickiness follows (it was the only way I could find anything wrong); I love these maps.

- at the east end of the Kora Shan, the "Cave of a 1000 Gods" on your Hordelands map should be either "Cave of a Thousand Gods" or "Cave of 1000 Gods".

- I'm curious as to why the text "Murghom" seems so stretched on the Hordelands map compared to "Semphar," "Durpar," "Veldorn," and "Yaimunnahar." On a related note: I believe that the "a" in "Semphar" should have a circumflex above it (as the "o" in "Murghom"). (Hey, I warned you about the obsessive nature of my attention to detail.)

- Kozakura looks like it's spelled "Kozakuro" on the world map update you posted recently. I'm hoping that's not in the "single-layer" region... because I know what a pain in the @$$ that would be to fix.

- a few places in Faerun that I'm wondering about the specific locations of: the mythal cities of Keltormir (Myth Dyraalis, Myth Rhynn, and Myth Unnohyr); Myth Adofaer (High Forest; currently "stuck in time" in the future until the fey'ri are eradicated); if I remember correctly, you have Myth Glaurach and Myth Ondath on your maps already. I have a question pending for Ed on the Keltormir mythal cities, but I know he's been preoccupied by RL events lately, so it's not something I'm waiting on or anything; if I get an answer, that's great; when I get that answer is far less important to me.

- Hark's Finger (the former Netherese floating enclave of Jiksidur, and the Torilian analogue to Erebor): I can't find it on your closeup snippet of Narfell and Thesk, and that's the only map of that region I have other than the FRCS map, which doesn't show it either.

- anyway, that's all the pestering I can come up with right now. The map's looking great! (all my nitpicking aside, of course)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000