Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Map of Shou Lung?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  08:02:52  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

You actually get a better feel for the place after you read through all the old modules - thats where the timelines are hidden. It's a VERY cool region, and really only needs a little 'sprucing up' to make it an incredible setting for 3e/4e.

That would explain why I have so little history data for Kara-Tur for my timeline. The only Kara-Tur resource I have is the old boxed set, and I don't even have that with me now (in storage out of town).

quote:

I've managed to make subtle 'nods' to at least five different anime, without being completely silly, and the 'Cat Folk' of Petan are really my coup-de-grace. The race are called the Pantherans, and the females can take human or cat form (but no Hybrid form), but the males are stuck in cat form (although still highly intelligent).

However, in extremely rare cases, the reverse becomes true for both, and some females are stuck in cat form (did someone say Guenhwyvar? ), while certain males become incredibly powerful and can take both forms at will (Like the first - Bauhei, the Black Leopard). I've managed to connect the race to a least a dozen appearances of 'Cat Folk' and large Intelligent felines (who usually work with humans or others) in the Realms. The history is really in-depth, and involves the Rakshasa, sometimes called the "Forgotten Creator Race" by those in the know.

My Malatra History gets into a lot of Toril's primordial past.

It all sounds very cool. I'm definitely interested in your development of the East; there's a Netbook in the works, you say?

Re: the "Great Lakes" on Toril: I'm torn. Part of me says, "go for it!" but I can't help wondering if that's the same part of me that comes up with character names like Elvish Priestly (elf cleric), Elvish Castspello (elf wizard), Cyragnome de Bergerac (2E gnome swashbuckler), and other such horrors. Yes, there are more. Most of them only see the light of day as NPCs, however.

(Edited to fix quote blocking; oops!)

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 01 Oct 2008 00:39:37
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  08:11:25  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: the new map: I always thought (from the old 2E maps) that Raurin was a lot bigger than the Plains of Purple Dust... is this a resizing necessitated by the resizing done in Faerun for 3E? And then, of course, there's the Desert of Desolation insert... which I love, btw... on a "classic modules" note, any thoughts on a location for the Tomb of Horrors? I was thinking somewhere in the Dragonsword Mountains; I figure Acererak was probably an Imaskari and contemporary of Halaster anyway (in fact, it might have been Acererak who trapped Hilather in stasis in the first place, assuming it wasn't something he wanted)... but I digress. This thread is about geography and cartography, not history. We now return you to our regulary scheduled topic...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  16:47:39  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL - I think we both drew inspiration from the Xanth series (I love puns!). I had NPCs named Wyatt Elf and Doc Hobbitday in my FR Old West campaign (set in Anchorome).

Yes, I believe the desert did get somewhat smaller thanks to the 3e maps - the shape of it changed dramatically, and I had to just go with that.

As for the Tomb of Horror, you could probably put that anywhere (I use Greyhawk modules IMG ALL the time - I have the Valley of the Mage placed in the Dales, and set the main NPC as a Netherease Wizard from the original empire). Desert of Desolation modules, on the other hand, were put together and had some FR lore attached to them, making them canon. I was just VERY lucky to find some ancient sites in Brian's GHotR that corresponded to the 'newer' cities in DoD.

The desertification of Imaskar began in the Plains of Purple Dust - that was the region that got 'blasted' during the war with the Mulan Gods. The lower half - the area marked "Raurin Desert", gradually became desert, with the last of it become un-inhabitable only a thousand years ago. Last, the region marked "Desert of Desolation" on my map was the old kingdom of Bakar, which was the last of the 'survivor states' to fall (that was located within the main body of the empire... there were others...). I suppose technically Solon was the last to fall, given that it survived into the modern era, but it was barely a pale ghost of its former self when it rivaled Bakar. Anyhow, I assume that there was a MAJOR river flowing down from Gbor Nor to the Shining Sea when the empire was at its hieght, with dozens of tributaries running offf into the corners of the Raurin Basin. I even assume a lake of some sort where the old capital was (Inupras), that was atomized when Inupras got destroyed. This disrupted the waterflow to most of the empire, causing that slow desertification over time. In Bakar, a magical font was created that was linked to the old river bed (that part is canon from DoD) which allowed the southern cities to continue to get water for quite some time, but eventually a crazy Pharoah destroyed that too, and the rest became desert as well.

You know, I've been meaning to put together a map with the Imaskari survivor-states on it for quite some time now, and now might be that time.

Actually... I think the history of Imaskar would make an excellent CKC article... Hmmmmm...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Sep 2008 23:04:19
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  18:32:47  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So that "Hordelands" map is the land between Faerun and Kara-Tur?

Awsome. Printing now.
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  19:12:55  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Markus, maybe fudge how the lakes look a bit? Like reverse on, turn another 90 degrees one way, another 45 degrees the opposite, etc. You know, use the lakes but do something to them so they don't come off looking identical to the RW counterparts.

That's my opinion, anyhow. It beats having just a big empty region.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  23:12:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, now that I have gotten some sleep (I was up late the night before, and working on 3 hours sleep in two days), the idea doesn't seem nearly as appealing.

I'm VERY anal about map accuracy, and that was 'spilling over' into my 'Great Lakes' mod. My brain was insisting on keeping it the correct size, shape, and orientation. Now that I have my common sense back, I realize there is absolutely NO reason to keep them 'correct', when they don't even belong in FR! Not only are they from another planet altogether, but ANY lake in that region would be altering the 'correct' version of the map, so its pretty damn silly to want to keep them 'right' (even if they did look really good there).

I'm still ging to do a group of lakes in the region, and I even have a good back-story for them (they've been there since a short time after the ToT) that doesn't connect them to the Spellplague or 4e. They will be loosely based on the GL, but I won't be so anal about keeping the shapes exact.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Sep 2008 06:24:47
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  03:21:54  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update?e
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  06:46:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you asked...

I get my boys on the weekends, and since they didn't bring their Nintendo this time, and it was raining both days, I had to give them LOTS of computer-time.

So I wasn't able to finish.

However, I have gotten GOBS done tonight. The southern Malatra region (the area I have dubbed 'Dweepam') is coming along beautifully, and the Living Jungle Map has been incorporated and looks dynamite. I have even added in the Mahasarpa region from the OA WE, so that will be usable as-is as well.

I'm having a little bit of a problem placing all the Kuong towns and cities (most were never placed on any map, including the capital!) I'm going to have to pull a Brian James and have a "different periods" thing going on, with the 'Old Kingdom' further south (because Parmahana - the old capital - was one of the few things placed on the map). Its all good, though, because now I can come up with a bit of history for why they were driven north.

As of right now, I have about twenty seperate political entities SOUTH of Shou Lung and T'u Lung!

I went a little crazy with my new 'lake Region', so I had to spend a bunch of time dialing it back a wee bit. I think it came out acceptable, and now KT has an area similar in feel to The North in Faerūn. You have a few countries that were quick to build towns on the new waterways, but for the most part the region is independent of any single nation or group controlling it, and has lots of potential as a new 'frontier' area.

Just don't pester the Murlocs... errrrr... I mean, Kua Toa.

I've been so busy designing new stuff, I haven't been adding those roads to Shou (which is all that is left). My ADD is at it again. Anyhow, I should have the latest WIP up tomorrow, and hopefully even a finished version of Shou Lung.

Thank You for your interest.

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Sep 2008 20:54:41
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  17:50:12  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And thank YOU for:

1)making these maps;

2)Adding over 20 political entities in the South of Shou Lung for the Empire of the Dragon to conquer in my campaign. :D
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2008 :  22:46:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got caught-up in re-doing a lot of stuff I did a year ago (those areas bordering the Hordelands). I've refined my textures since then, and that part was looking like crap in comparison.

I've also made some terrain adjustments, based on reading and studying some of the smaller maps (like I found a few more rice valleys).

Should have a something up in a little while.

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Oct 2008 06:35:15
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  00:17:25  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Yes, I believe the desert did get somewhat smaller thanks to the 3e maps - the shape of it changed dramatically, and I had to just go with that.

As for the Tomb of Horror, you could probably put that anywhere (I use Greyhawk modules IMG ALL the time - I have the Valley of the Mage placed in the Dales, and set the main NPC as a Netherease Wizard from the original empire). Desert of Desolation modules, on the other hand, were put together and had some FR lore attached to them, making them canon. I was just VERY lucky to find some ancient sites in Brian's GHotR that corresponded to the 'newer' cities in DoD.

I was going to assemble a list of FR locations for GH modules here, but the only ones I remember well enough to do anything with are the GDQ series and the Tomb of Horrors. ToH can go in any mountain foothills in Mulhorand or Murghom, or areas east; G1-3 can go in any suitable terrain anywhere in the supercontinent, really; and the same is true of D1-3, for anyone who's interested.

Markustay: I apologize for my long-windedness in what follows.
The geography changes: specifically the lake(s) and the island (the one that looks like Sri Lanka and turned out not to be canon): I like the idea of having them both a result of the ToT. I'm doing similar things with my post-1373 geography; since I like *nothing* about 4E geography, including the explanations for the changes, and I'm not using 4E rules anyway, I'm making some other changes of my own. Anauroch is restored *almost* as per 4E canon, except that I'm restoring it to its earlier state as of the map from LEoF (the melting of the High Ice re-creates the Narrow Sea). I never liked having that massive desert in the middle of the Heartlands anyway.

Still in my Realms: The Calim Desert has undergone some arcane changes during the struggle between Mystra and Shar in the Year of Blue Fire (which both goddesses survive, of course). The blue wild-magic lightning-fire that gave the year its name turned the entire Calim Desert to glass, a magically indestructible sort of glass, beneath which the ghostly figures of Calim and Memnon can be seen continuing to do battle (I was listening to Metallica while working on my notes, and "Trapped Under Ice" came on, and I thought, ). The road between Memnon and Calimport is a bugbear, though... should it continue straight across the glassy desert, or detour around by the Calim River and Marching Mountains? I'm leaning toward the latter... but then I need to change map stuff, and that's not my thing... largely because I lack the proper software.

As UNSpacy said: Thank you for making these maps, and for sticking with it through RSE and data loss. According to my Toril WIP map (downloaded some time ago), the southern parts of Kara-Tur and Zakhara are still missing; have you completed the continental outlines there yet, or are you working on detail for points north first?

One more question: Mythal cities: how many have you been able to place in your map? Myth Lharast has been fairly precisely positioned in the lore, but I don't have that in front of me right now; Myth Ondath was in the White Peaks (the mountains north of Whitehorn, between The Ride and The Tortured Lands); Myth Adofaer was (and will be again) somewhere in the northern High Forest, but I think it's in your map already... but I can't find your High Forest map just now. You have Myth Glaurach in the final fork of the Upper Delimbiyr, just north of the Far Forest; do you happen to remember where you found the info for that location? There's a post by Eric Boyd and Steven Schend in the REALMS-L archives here that lists all of them with general locations (and some spelling errors): http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9911D&L=realms-l&P=R7665
"Adofhacer" should be "Adofaer" according to established elven etymology; "Lharest" should be "Lharast"; and I think that's all. I'm only mentioning it because the histories of the mythal cities is my current project, and there isn't a lot for any of them other than MD, and no more than a sentence or two about any of the others apart from Myth Ondath and Myth Lharast.

Anyway, this post is far too long already, and I don't want to take too much time out of your mapping. Can you re-post the Toril mini-map if there is any significant progress to that? I know you had a couple of weeks' work to redo, so I'm not *expecting* anything... just hoping.

Edited by - Jakk on 01 Oct 2008 00:42:24
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  02:18:52  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

The Kara-Tur Trail Map is big and packed with information, however you need the boxed set for the information on the tribal lands north of Shou Lung.

I really regret not picking up the Trail Map products. They were almost the only 1e/2e core/Realms things I didn't get (apart from those silly Challenge series modules and some other adventure stuff that I can't remember specifics of right now).

I'd love to have my 1e/2e map collection right now; I'd scan them all and stick them together digitally (for my own use, of course). The places I miss the most are the ones that *really* aren't around anymore, like Hellgate Keep and Castle Perilous; that's another 4e snippet I'm keeping for my game. You can never have too many fiendish undead types (for so I'm imagining whatever's in the new Castle Perilous to be).

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  06:41:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just posted a Wip of T'u Lung - let me know what you all think of the new 'Grand Lakes' Region.

I changed them from my original (there were a lot more of them), but I don't think I've modified them quite enough; they still look very recognizable. If I have the time, I'll write down what lore I have about their creation and post it here tomorrow. Basically, the were caused by massive earthquakes and cave-ins in the regions (very similar to what happened in RW China recently - some 30 new lakes were formed, and a few were enormous!)

And that seismic activity will be tied directly to the ToT, and some of the canon lore from the Living Jungle campaign.

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

<major snippage> You have Myth Glaurach in the final fork of the Upper Delimbiyr, just north of the Far Forest; do you happen to remember where you found the info for that location?

First this, because I've been asked (challenged, actually) before; LEoF, Pg. 90 -
quote:
The fabled mythal-cloaked city was built upon the nameless ruins of an ancient Aryvandaaran city located amid the rushing waters and deep-forested hills of the Talons, at the headwaters of the Delimbyr.

This is the exact reason why I extended a piece of the Far Forest up into the mountains.

As for other things - there is a list of possible FR locations for 'classic' TSR modules in the Forgotten Realms FAQ, hosted here at CK (somehwere - I found it a LONG time ago).

Background:
When I do my maps, I 'rough-in' all the terrain first. What that means is I do exactly what Jakk said (above) that he would do - I paste all the original 1e and 2e maps back together from pdfs and scans, and then I size them to my world map (which started out as the very basic outline on pg. 231 of the 3e FRCS). That means I have a nifty collection of old-school FR maps already all pieced together (and I wouldn't wish that nightmare on anybody). I also use the FRIA (interactive atlas), but it does have its shortcomings (meaning mistakes transferred over from other maps - nothing was ever errated), and my much-treasured FR Atlas, which has been a godsend. Karen Fonstad was not only a wonderful fantasy cartographer, but she took great pains in keeping everything extremely accurate - much more so then any previous 'map-maker' for FR, or any since. She was one of the greats.

The reason why I bring this up is because of that funny little 'Sri-Lanka' add of mine. I modified it a great deal - nearly completely unrecognizable from the original - but that was all done the day before I lost my last save, so I had to do that over, and its not quite complete. Perhaps tomorrow I'll finish that up and post a new continental WIP.

There's another large Island I added for my own campaign between Zakhara and Kara-Tur, but I'll most likely lose that, or change it up a lot more (it doesn't really look right where it is, so I might tack it onto the Zakharan Island chain). Also, Bawa grew quite a bit, just so I could add its detail onto the big map, but now I'm thinking of reducing it again, at least somewhat. I've about had it with Islands, now that I've filled in all the Wa and Kozakuran ones.

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Oct 2008 07:58:46
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  21:37:51  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: Grand Lakes: Without knowing the actual inspiration from the RW source, I might think, "that looks a bit like Lakes Superior and Michigan"... but otherwise I think it's changed up enough to be workable.

[edit] And really, it's probably good as-is; I mean, stuff elsewhere in the Realms has vague real-world similarities. The Sea of Fallen Stars looks to me to be inspired by Great Bear Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories, and the Sunrise Mountains are obvious analogues to the Ural Mountains in Russia, right down to their placement on the land mass. And yes, I know you're a perfectionist, and if you decide to go ahead and change them again anyway, we understand.

[edit2] Re: Myth Glaurach: Thanks for the reference. Found it. Do you have the former location of Myth Ondath on your maps as well? It was blasted into oblivion with the Gatekeeper's Crystal, but there may be some ruins to explore. I may have mentioned it before, but it was in the White Mountains (exact location uncertain, but probably the western end near the Border Forest). The White Mountains, if you haven't located them and I haven't already posted this bit of lore, are the mountains between the Ride and the Tortured Land, just north of Whitehorn on the FRCS 3 map. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Edited by - Jakk on 02 Oct 2008 08:31:12
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  18:07:10  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks nice---can't wait for the final version, particularly for Shou Lung.
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  16:16:37  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I read the Grand hIstory of the Realms, and needless to say, I now know a bit more about Kara-Tur and Shou Lung's history with Wa.

Interesting, to say the least.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  18:04:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kara-Turan history is MUCH more extensive then that - most of it is in the modules - but Brian James put a lot of it together HERE. Note that many dates are left out of that as well, because they appeared in text, rather then in any timeline. I have been assembling ALL of those (along with every other bit of Eastern FR history), and will be producing a more thorough timeline as soon as I am able.
Lord Karsus (Dagnirion here) has posted his Tabot article over at WotC - you can read it HERE.

If not today, I should have a completed version of the Tabot Map by tomorrow, now that I have his input on the region.

Cheers --- Mark

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Oct 2008 18:04:51
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  23:31:51  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What of Shou Lung?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  01:13:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still pluggin' along... I'll try to have a more recent WIp up later.

Go to Top of Page

eridanis
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  20:24:47  Show Profile  Visit eridanis's Homepage Send eridanis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Markustay - I went to your site today, and saw that you'd pulled all your maps off.

I don't know what the issue is the the WotC moderators, but I hope in a few days you'll rethink that. I know I've thoroughly enjoyed and used your Realms maps, and hundreds of others here have, as well. I understand if you are angry, but I know your fans out here would love to be able to use the old maps, even if you do not do new ones.

Good luck, no matter what!
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  23:32:19  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait, what? The maps are gone?

Was this influenced by actions from WotC and/or Hasbro?

Do I have one more reason to express strong negative sentiment against them?!

Hope this isn't an end to the maps. They are beautifully done and much appreciated by many, including myself.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2008 :  00:22:43  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I worked a little on Zakhara today, of all places... I was so angry that I couldn't even look at the Kara-Tur map.

Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2008 :  17:49:26  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait.

WHAT?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2008 :  19:16:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry - I'm mad at WotC, not you guys.

They are the ones that need to be punished.

So now I'm only cancelling my 4e maps, since they mean nothing to me, and only their 'new players' wanted them.

Returned Abeir was coming along nicely (Here is a 'sneak-peak'), but now all work on the 4e versions will cease.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2008 :  21:05:46  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw your post on "Find Me a Map." GOOD FOR YOU!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  01:51:38  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Damn. I was hoping you would be one of the few people here that actually likes 4e. :

Meh. As long as you continue with your awesome maps (4e or not) I won't pester you.

So what happened? WotC deleted all your maps?
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  06:14:30  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

I saw your post on "Find Me a Map." GOOD FOR YOU!

Jamallo? Do you have a link to that post? Much appreciated.

Markustay: Sorry to hear that Wizbro, or at least their forum mods, are being so ; I'm happy to say that (as you know) the mods here are way cool.

How's the map going? You said most recently that you were working on Zakhara. Take whatever time you need, but you know we'd all love to see an update.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  06:16:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No... I did.

They pissed me off, so I took it out on the community, which was stupid.

I do not like nor dislike 4e FR - it is what it is, and it is not my "setting of choice". However, it has its merits, as do the 4e rules, despite my personal lack of interest in them, and I planned to support both in all my future projects (both writing and cartography).

Now, I'm sticking with 3e only, but the Maps are still very usable for 4e players... especially since the 4e one doesn't give you much detail.

P.S. - certain locales that were created in 4e but would have existed back in earlier editions will still be placed by me, since those locales should be there either way.

I'm just dying to do a detailed version of the Shar and the new Underchasm, but I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm.

Edited by - Markustay on 09 Oct 2008 06:18:15
Go to Top of Page

UNSpacy
Seeker

France
78 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  15:44:59  Show Profile  Visit UNSpacy's Homepage Send UNSpacy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That...SUCKS!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2008 :  17:38:41  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When WotC explains to me WHY they found the word 'errata' offensive and deemed it neccessary to delete my post, then I will continue to develop stuff for 4e.

Since I know they will never do that (because they have no reason for it, other then spite), they've just lightened my work load tremendously.

Edited by - Markustay on 09 Oct 2008 21:32:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000