Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Banned!!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  03:03:11  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Delete Topic
LOL

WotC finally banned me, and I have no idea why.

They sent me an E-Mail stating I was banned for violating section 3 of the COC, and they provided a link for me to view the Code of Conduct so I can see why...

When I clicked on the link, it said I was unable to access the page because I had been banned.

And the link on THAT page lead back to the first one.

I think that just made my whole night.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  03:08:15  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

LOL

WotC finally banned me, and I have no idea why.

They sent me an E-Mail stating I was banned for violating section 3 of the COC, and they provided a link for me to view the Code of Conduct so I can see why...

When I clicked on the link, it said I was unable to access the page because I had been banned.

Sounds like it's time for a new signon!!! What about Hawkins' NostraMarkus or Sage's MarkuShoon?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  03:23:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Actually, I remember that earlier discussion we had about Markus's new username. It was supposed to be Markusharoon, because of his interest in scroll necromancy.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 23 Aug 2008 03:26:33
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  03:30:25  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message
I stand corrected! I like them both. You could also choose something more subversive like MystrasGhost...
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  03:34:50  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message
Clearly Markus, you were showing them up with your top quality maps.

Section three, by the way, is this.

# Do not harass, bully, threaten, harm or cause discomfort for other persons, including any other members. For example:

* Use hate speech or racial, ethnic, sexist, homophobic or religious slurs
* Harass a specific person (repeated flaming, personal attacks or posting their private information)
* Troll or bait the community in general with inflammatory statements, such as ones designed to elicit a negative response from the community
* Post or otherwise disclose any personal or private information of another person, or any confidential information pertaining to a business, without consent

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  03:36:41  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
NostraMarkus just sorta rolls off the tongue.

So am I Mod now? Wooly told me getting banned froom there was a pre-requisite.

WHAT?! He Lied?

Why I outta....

EDIT: Thanks for postiing that, Uzzy, I think it must of been point '3' - that basically says you can't say anything we don't like.

Which makes me wonder why it took them this long.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Aug 2008 03:44:14
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  03:36:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
So which part of Section 3 do you think was breached Markus?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 23 Aug 2008 03:38:04
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  03:43:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
I posted the answer in my above edit - it was definately point '3'.

I don't attack other posters, nor use 'hate Speech' (which I'm taking to mean racism and the like), and I don't know anyone's private info, so it sure as hell wasn't that.

Definately 'Inflamatory remarks'.

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Aug 2008 04:11:14
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  04:04:12  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Clearly Markus, you were showing them up with your top quality maps.

Section three, by the way, is this.

# Do not harass, bully, threaten, harm or cause discomfort for other persons, including any other members. For example:

* Troll or bait the community in general with inflammatory statements, such as ones designed to elicit a negative response from the community

Perhaps as penance your next ident should be Trollbait.

The point in question reads a bit Orwellian, doesn't it?

The real question is how do you access DDI while banned?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  04:14:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Its no big.

I think they did it to give me more time to work on fixing the 4e Map.

Funny thing is, the last thing I recall posting was a new texture I was considering for the Plaguewrought Lands...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  04:23:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Welcome to the ranks of the wrongly banned!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  04:42:28  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
cant say i ever saw you post something negative there.

hey can we Blacklist DDI until they unban him??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  04:45:02  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Nah.... I had it comin'

I was actually wondering why they hadn't done it months ago.

Must be because I switched targets.

Anyhow, it gave me a chance to peruse the Paizo boards again, which I haven't done for awhile.

Seems they're considering a few new personel that WotC just canned...

You learn the darndest things on this here Internet.

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Aug 2008 04:45:52
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  04:46:31  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message
Not only did they ban you, they deleted every post you every made!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  04:48:44  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
now your infamous, I wouldnt be surpirsed if they put your name in the next FR novel on a grave somewhere...

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  04:53:55  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message
It was probably my fault. I asked them to be nice to you and warn you (repeatedly). But never to ban you.

Sorry!

[Edit: If it helps at all, I've been banned from those same forums too. Never wrongly, though. Anyway, give it time and come on back around, hey?]

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Edited by - Sanishiver on 23 Aug 2008 04:54:59
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  05:23:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
You kidding? I'm going to have fun with this.

The only thing that could possibly be scarrier then my usual rude self is turning me into a Martyr.

They have empowered me.

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Aug 2008 05:23:47
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  07:46:31  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message
Markustay as Risen Martyr (BoeD 68) on the WotC-boards ... mmmmmm, the possibilities, the possibilities ...

The features given by this PC are so useful (acid immunity, detect evil, celestial brilliance ...) ... They have given you the power to thwart their evil plans!

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads

Edited by - Ayunken-vanzan on 23 Aug 2008 07:47:28
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  08:34:59  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message
Do you think you were banned because you are too old?

It's been nigh on ages since I last visited the WotC boards let alone post. The traffic is quite high there, which is possibly a good sign. However, I found the general tone to be rather low-brow.

The Candlekeep forum is like its namesake, an oasis of learning, wisdom and educated discussion. (Or am I just a snob?)

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  09:03:29  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
well he has been promoted to exarch of tempus now

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  10:06:39  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Not only did they ban you, they deleted every post you every made!

Seriously? That should make a quite a few of the threads over there somewhat confusing.
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  10:17:46  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message
This is quite strange. I don't think that it is normal (in other message boards anyway) that someone who got banned got also all his posts deleted. But I cannot confirm this as WotC's boards are down again. (And do they have a search function at all?)

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  11:24:51  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
well last time i was there i saw a few of his posts

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  11:44:37  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message
Not that you weren't asking for it!

BTW, if you do go back with another nick, make sure you do not become another ExtinctionBeta.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  12:15:09  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

Do you think you were banned because you are too old?

Thanks for my first laugh of the day!
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  12:19:19  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message
Wizards just keeps disappointing me. I try to support them because I love Dungeons & Dragons but I keep getting surprised by their awkward handling of things. Sorry you got banned. I can't think of anything you could possibly have done to anger them as much as they have nagered us with the 4E Realms.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  14:33:38  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message
I did a search for any threads started by MarkusTay or posts by MarkusTay. Came back with nothing. There is a MarkusTay63, though. Is that you as well MT?

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  16:09:44  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
They are both me.

For awhile, their servers got screwed up and I couldn't access my MarkusTay account, so I started the MarkusTay63 account.

At a later time, I was on my son's computer (whom I do not live with) and went to log onto WotC, and it logged me into the first account! (which had been saved onto his computer from a long time ago)

So I wound up with two very similar sounding accounts. I kept the settings on his computer, so folks will know when I'm not posting from home (using it as an 'away' account).

When they re-did everything for Gleemax, they put both screenames under one account, so I can't go on under the other one now, either. However, if they IP banned me, it should be a simple thing to go on from my ex's house (where I'll be staying the next few days while she is away). MY ISP also changes my IP address about every year or so, and I suppose I could request a new one (they are supposedly randomly assigned, yet I have the same one for months on end).

Buuuuut... Checking the Banning message again today (when I tried to access the site), it says its only a 24 hour ban, so I should be back on regardless of all this nonsense.

I also think I remember the exact post that probably did it, wherein I was accusing them of being racist (the way they handled Chult). I said they turned the honorable, intellectual people of Mezro into a bunch of savage spear-chuckers. They must of flipped it on me, and are acting like I was making a racist statement.

Which is really way too funny, if they actually new me.

However, when I do get back on, I don't think I'll be nearly so vitrolic. Not because I "have been chastised" and learned my lesson, mind you...

Someone got me an early Birthday Present... and the FRCG isn't nearly as bad as people are making out. Its not great, but its not terrrible, either.

If I've learned anything from this, its to judge something for yourself and not listen to others, before opening my big mouth.

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Aug 2008 18:54:51
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  16:37:16  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message
Congratulations Markus! I've not been banned from the WotC boards, although I have been in a self-imposed exile since August/September 2007 when 4e was released. I really didn't care for the way they did it, so I just left. No talking, no whining, I just left (okay, I did say I was leaving in the "I'm boycotting these boards" thread, but I didn't go back).

Since then, I've spent more time here at the 'Keep, and Paizo's boards.

Really, Markus, I think you should not look back. That's just an opinion, obviously. Although I have to agree about the "Fail" cover, that was freaking hilarious (found via Paizo).

Ashe: Mind you, I've not been on their boards in over a year, but I don't recall the "Search" function working over at Wizards when they changed the boards over. It wasn't working the last time I searched for a thread, but that may have changed.
/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  17:23:31  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
Congratulations Markus! Welcome to the club! (I got banned from the REALMS-LIST in 2000)
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2008 :  17:53:42  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message
Ahh, well you'll be happy to know that the MarkusTay63 messages were still about...

As for the search, I *alway* choose the advanced search when I'm doing any type of searching... Makes my brain hurt less.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000