Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Implementing the Gods in Your Game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DorianAdricus
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  18:22:20  Show Profile  Visit DorianAdricus's Homepage Send DorianAdricus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The thread on which gods in the Realms should live or die has spawned another question in my mind.

Which Gods do you have difficulty using, but would like to? I'm hoping that others might post some brainstorming ideas to help all DMs fully utilize the hook potential of all the gods. I'll start things off:

Talos - Really big god, really important, but I can't seem to wrap my head around Him. What's He up to? What does His clergy do? Anyone have any insights/campaign experience/great stories to tell about His Storminess or His clergy?

And another - Sylvanus/Rillifane - Another pair of big guys that I have trouble with. How do you tell them apart? Where does one leaf (heh heh) off an the other begin?

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2008 :  02:29:52  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That last question (Silvanus/Rillifane) ties into a long-standing Realms theological theory: when two gods become suffiently similar, unless they fight and one defeats the other (as Talona supposedly defeated Kiputytto), the two deities may actually merge into a single being. Or so some think.

There is a wealth of theological speculation in the original Planescape boxed set and in its Powers (captal-P) supplement. The White Wolf / Sword & Sorcery Studios Scarred Lands planar book also has some speculations on how deities arose and what eventually happens to them.

si comprehendis non est deus

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Edited by - Jamallo Kreen on 22 Jul 2008 04:56:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000