Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 The Origin of Member's Names
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  00:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you know my name, then you kno0w what I really am
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  04:59:14  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bellua Aeneus Lacerta

If you know my name, then you kno0w what I really am

"Brazen" indeed, which is it copper or bronze?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  12:45:20  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe copper is the middle part.

(C'mon people, you would think you had been hit with some slow gas)
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  16:02:52  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I believe copper is the middle part.

(C'mon people, you would think you had been hit with some slow gas)

I am not slow, I was merely trying to keep your little game alive Bellua Aeneus Lacerta.

I am very much aware of what you are. I just wanted to see if anyone else was interested in your puzzle.

I had already solved your lesson in Latin, I was just curious as to which it was. Bellua translates into "large beast" Aeneus is "brazen" as in copper or bronze metals of which you specified copper, and Lacerta is "lizard".

You are a Copper Dragon.

Now everyone knows. Oh well...

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  16:10:46  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

C'mon people, you would think you had been hit with some slow gas

LOL, I believe Artalis cracked your puzzle, but not everyone has studied Latin. I figured it was Latin, but could not recognize any of the words (comparing to French as a modern latin based language).
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  22:57:56  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The slow gas was just another hint, Artalis, no harm meant, unless you fail to answer my riddle! Mwahahaha
Go to Top of Page

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2002 :  11:38:36  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Copper? Slow glow? It still doesn't make any sense? Good riddle, though...

Bring forth power unto my reign
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2002 :  19:21:56  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The breath weapon of a Copper Dragon is Slow Gas

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

AraznBlair
Learned Scribe

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  17:48:43  Show Profile  Visit AraznBlair's Homepage Send AraznBlair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My name is Arazn Blair (pronounced Air-ra-zen, that is how I pronounce it anyway.) Though that is not my original name. Unfortunatly I can not tell you my given name for Zhentil Keep and the Zhentarium (sp?) may still be looking for me and send their Assasins. A while back I decided to end my employment with a certain Manshoon and go my own way. So he sent Assasins to kill me. Knowing this I came up with the name Arazn Blair and changed my identity to that of a lowly fighter mage to that of a rich pompus fighter mage that has traveled the world and seen much for a Half Elf. The name to me seems to be distingused.

Arazn Blair
Fightermage Extrodinare
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  21:10:32  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

My name is from my BG1 (and now BG2) character. The first name is an adaptation of my real first name (Alex) and the second unsurprisingly comes from the Wizard of Arthurian Legend - chosen because my character was going to be a Chaotic Good Mage, and some people seem to reckon I bear a (real-life) resemblance to the legendary character...

Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2003 :  22:42:22  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Avaly has been the oldest character that I have. I started to writing about her since I was 13 in my English notebook. She has followed me everywhere from stories to roleplaying to video games. :) I will be writing about her background on one of the forums later...don't want to give much away now ;)
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  00:53:07  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Malice' The name for my character was supposed to be temporary, but after I got into creating his backgroung, making him an angsty pasafist (i can't spell) an all, I thought that the name was just ironic, and, because it took me so long to get him developed, the name was just working for me.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  05:53:20  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As long as you don't add Matron at the beginning
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  06:30:40  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pacifist. Think Pacific Ocean -- same root, the word peace.

And dont wurree, i ushualee kant spel werth a darn eether.

Hukt on Fonix werkt 4 me! I luv 2 reed!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  06:37:25  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

As long as you don't add Matron at the beginning

I agree. I would run if that happened.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Korbin Deathstalker
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2003 :  09:53:04  Show Profile  Visit Korbin Deathstalker's Homepage Send Korbin Deathstalker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made Korbin for PnP long ago.

Our Dm at that time requested 2 named for everyone.

So making a fighter/thief specifically to piss off a paladin player I made Korbin Deathstalker. The groan I got from the Player with the Paladin was well worth it...he knew he was in for hell from a veteran player. (At that time I had been a gamer for 11 years and the DM did not hesitate to brag he had an old timer.)

Months into the Gaming the DM asked me 'why Korbin...it is not an elf sounding name.' I blurted out "fine!! Corinthar...he goes by Korbin cause he is a thief! He does not want to be caught by a diviner."

Upon thinking about it Korbin Deathstalker had developed into something more than "Paladin-bane" growing into a sort of alter-ego.
His personality was similar to my own but still different enough to be able to claim him as a character and not a mental condition.
Stories began to be written with him over my early gaming day characters (due to the better development of the character due to personal maturity)

I worked on the background due to this. Coming up with what is posted in the persona section on my web page. The title name was orginally Goblin-stalker....a little recient (past year) research and Goblinstalker became Golfaritar Elvin for "Goblin Hunter"

Thus Korbin Deathstalker is a false name used by the Elf Corinthar Golfaritar.

Takes a deep breath

Woah ...that got away from me. Intended it to be maybe a paragraph!!

Controller of The Realm of Shadows.
Co-Owner of Muddy Feet Mud
Member of Skullport
Member of the Kindred Skulls
Member of Nighshade.
Go to Top of Page

TsilfaEor
Acolyte

France
9 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2003 :  22:02:18  Show Profile  Visit TsilfaEor's Homepage Send TsilfaEor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mines comes from the PC i play in Zemd's game in Faerun.
We play in the time of troubles actually and my elf is from Myth Drannor. He is the son of Kelvhan Olortynnal, the Arms Major of MythDrannor during its fall... (no i don't have 1400 years, i've made a time jump).

He is a fighter6/cleric4/ranger1 Prestige Class: Weapon Master 2
He is going to save Elvencourt from the Drow.

Tsilfa

"He who controls the past commands the future.
He who commands the future conquers the past."
Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2003 :  23:29:01  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My name, as many might have guessed, come from a character I used to play and wrote about extensively. Edain was created back during the time of 2e, early on. He was the only member of my group at that time who didn't die painfully (I ended up having to retire him). Man, the number of times my DM set out to deliberately kill him was...well, a lot (when my DM at the time tried to kill a character he didn't like make a group of ancient red dragons appear from no where and immolate the character to death and then disappear, he just created situation only an incredibly lucky person could get out of...bless my d20. I love DMs who give the character a "sporting chance" ). He was a Elven Wizard, and pretty powerful one when I finally retired him. He does show up occasionally in our campaigns these days, though now as an NPC.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General

Edited by - Edain Shadowstar on 26 Apr 2003 23:29:35
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2003 :  23:44:57  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TsilfaEor

He is going to save Elvencourt from the Drow.

No, he is going to TRY to save Elvencourt from the Drow
Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2003 :  00:06:44  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zemd:

No, he is going to TRY to save Elvencourt from the Drow.

Good point Zemd. Retaking the Elven Court is not an easy task, not in any sense of the word. The Drow there are there to stay, unless of course you could sucessfully organize all the surface elves on Faerun into somekind of crusade...which is not all that likely, or will be at least REALLY hard. Although, it is more feasible than anybody taking Myth Drannor back from the phaerimm and other evils there. It's fun to try though.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2003 :  07:33:35  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's mine.
Go to Top of Page

Logan Featherfeet
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2003 :  21:10:16  Show Profile  Visit Logan Featherfeet's Homepage Send Logan Featherfeet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Logan is the first character I accually got to 20th level with without getting killed and having to be resuresected. made up name though.

When in doubt, shoot a random person. It's likely their fault your confused in the first place, and it'll make you feel better about the situation.
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2003 :  22:03:10  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I rember a really bad movie by Chuck "delta force" Norris, Logans Revench. (Dark revengeful music plays in the background) Alas he wasnt named Featherfeet as last name

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Fynn CĂ©ldor
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2003 :  14:05:47  Show Profile  Visit Fynn CĂ©ldor's Homepage Send Fynn CĂ©ldor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fynn Céldor is a name I created about a year or so ago. He is an elven short spear wielding fighter. He lacks the characteristics of a rogue(lock picking, hide in shadows, etc etc) but he moves and talks fast due to good cha and dex rolls.

I wanted him to originally be a rogue(because damn, i love playing rogues and all characters like them) but i felt the name did not suit a rogue(yes, yes, i think i take more time making the character names than actually creating the character). I did however roll some nice dex and cha so he moved and talked like a rogue. Then i got my hands a hold of a short spear and ahh i forgot. All I know is that he was duel wielding something.

As for the name...I was thinking of a Dropkick Murphys songs honoring a celtic hero called Fynn McHumail(sp?). So i guess i kinda stole that(theres nothing wrong with that right??? hahah). Céldor however is totally original(as far as I know). I created that name just by writing a whole bunch of letters down and moving them around randomly(best way to creat cool names!).

Hope someone enjoyed this,

spirit. it is the hero's strength, the mother's resilieance, and the poor man's armor. it cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. this i must believe.
Go to Top of Page

Formosus
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2003 :  23:40:34  Show Profile  Visit Formosus's Homepage Send Formosus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My name comes from the amusing story of Pope Formosus, which appears in the last paragraph of his biography here http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06139b.htm.

Roma locuta est, causa finita est.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2003 :  11:13:23  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Formosus

My name comes from the amusing story of Pope Formosus

I have absolutely no idea why you would consider that story anything resembling 'amusing.'

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2003 :  18:51:20  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm ... Cult leader was the char that I made for a DND chron. I played a female mage in that game. And well ... she was the only one who lived... So later. I started calling my Diablo and dibablo 2 chars that I wanted to work on hard Cult Leader. I had a Level 99 Necromancer... I had poison nova so anything that came around me or was on the same level of the map died.... If they got to close I had golems skeletons .. and well .. poison dagger at level 20 ... So I stuck them once with my dagger they died.... So in the name of my fallen necromancer, because battlenet thought Cult Leader was a bad name and ended him, My member name is Cult Leader

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

Feraplith
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2003 :  21:25:02  Show Profile  Visit Feraplith's Homepage Send Feraplith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Feraplith is an elvish word. It means Champion of the forest.
I wish my nickname can express my feelings. I love forests and woodland beings..

YĂ©! Silmie Ă©li sĂ­lir lĂłmesse!
Éli únotime ve yéni Quendion.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2003 :  23:42:42  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Feraplith

Feraplith is an elvish word. It means Champion of the forest.
I wish my nickname can express my feelings. I love forests and woodland beings..

Subjects close to my heart, Feraplith!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

dagyana wayvern
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2003 :  05:15:19  Show Profile  Visit dagyana wayvern's Homepage Send dagyana wayvern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
greetings,
Dagyana is a irda knight of solmania that i played in a dragon lance campaign setting that i loved playing. dagyana (pronounced dodge- e- anna) wayvern got her last name due to the form she was in during most adventures a large size wayvern dragon. For those of you who are not familar w/ the dragonlance races or classes an irda is a high ogre believed to be responsible for the coming of chaos there are very few left and even less would be welcomed into the knights of solamania. The knights who are mostly humans and for that matter mostly males are very honorable there creed was my honor my life. That should speak for its self. Any way back to the name dagyana is an asian name. that i thought had a nice ring to it

" no kidding small world Krynn I'll have to teach you a few of my spells. I have one ...a fireball....lets see how did that go?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000