Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Nobleknight.com Moving Sale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2008 :  20:46:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I got this email from Nobleknight that I thought some of you might be interested in.

This week I'm pleased to announce our MEGA MOVING SALE!!!

Thanks to you our valued customers we have outgrown our current facility and will be moving to a better location here in Janesville when our lease is up in a couple of months. Its been almost 2 years since our last sale and with our warehouse move coming up in a couple of months, it’s a great excuse to move out some good, but older, stuff at super low pricing! To put it plainly, we have lowered the prices on literally THOUSANDS of older items and for the next 10 days (or so) you can take an additional 10% off these already lowered prices and ALL items including clearance items, rare items, new releases, etc!!! New releases this week at discount include new Mutants & Masterminds, Exalted, Runequest, Hawkmoon, Heavy Gear Miniatures, new Matrix PC Wargames, B29 Superfortress from Khyber Pass Games, D-Day the Great Crusade 2nd Edition and Expansion, The Devils Cauldron monster from Multiman, new Alea magazines with games, and much more.

As a thank you to our past customers and also those that purchase from us regularly, we are allowing current trade credit on file for use during the sale, and also the sale will last for a total of 10 days so that you may purchase any new releases during this time at the sale price as they come in!

Fine Print

I'm sorry but we cannot retroactively apply this sale to previous purchases.

You may use gift certificates, but not purchase them at a sale price.
All payments must be received within 5 days of the conclusion of the sale for sale prices to be met.

If you prefer to place your order via phone or mail, please mention the sale to qualify.

Although the point of this sale is to move out as much inventory as possible before we move, we are still taking trades and encourage you to mail us lists of games for sale or trade to the gears turning here :)

The sale will run from today, Wen April 23 until Friday May 2nd.

Kuje's Add: Their server is slow today though because the traffic is overwhelming the server, so bare with the server.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  01:14:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

As a thank you to our past customers and also those that purchase from us regularly, we are allowing current trade credit on file for use during the sale, and also the sale will last for a total of 10 days so that you may purchase any new releases during this time at the sale price as they come in!
"Current trade credit?" Neat. I'm taking full advantage of this sale. There are a couple of 3rd-party sources that I long desired, but have been putting off purchasing because of their prices. Not any more!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  01:41:49  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

"Current trade credit?" Neat. I'm taking full advantage of this sale. There are a couple of 3rd-party sources that I long desired, but have been putting off purchasing because of their prices. Not any more!

Indeed, indeed. I just did some Ravenloft sourcebooks from 2e that I've been putting off on buying but it'll help finish my Ravenloft set. :) And I was happy, Amazon has the 5 novels I was missing so they got bought as well.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  16:06:04  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I keep on seeing all of these sales popping up all over the place, and I keep on wishing that they would wait until May when the Tax Incentive or whatever it is will come, I just paid taxes, and have no money. Bleh.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  16:18:23  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, thanks for the heads-up.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  17:02:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Indeed, indeed. I just did some Ravenloft sourcebooks from 2e that I've been putting off on buying but it'll help finish my Ravenloft set. :) And I was happy, Amazon has the 5 novels I was missing so they got bought as well.
Aye, I just picked up all the RAVENLOFT adventure modules I'd been missing. I didn't have to bother with the sourcebooks, because I managed to purchase each one when they were originally released. So I grabbed every adventure I missed.

I picked up some older Call of Cthulhu books too, and some of the stuff for 3rd Edition Shadowrun. And, of course, I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to restock some of the older "Clanbooks" for Vampire: The Masquerade. I also purchased a number of the older TSR novels I lost during my move last year.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  21:24:06  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish I did that as well but at the time I wasn't really into the sourcebooks and so, like the Realms and Planescape material, I've been working on completing those 3 sets and this sale helped me almost finish my Loft stuff. :) I had half of it already but been putting off on buying more but you can't go wrong when its marked off even more.

quote:

Aye, I just picked up all the RAVENLOFT adventure modules I'd been missing. I didn't have to bother with the sourcebooks, because I managed to purchase each one when they were originally released. So I grabbed every adventure I missed.

I picked up some older Call of Cthulhu books too, and some of the stuff for 3rd Edition Shadowrun. And, of course, I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to restock some of the older "Clanbooks" for Vampire: The Masquerade. I also purchased a number of the older TSR novels I lost during my move last year.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2008 :  02:12:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went back a purchased a few other bits and pieces -- like the one Spelljammer comic issue I was missing. Some of the older Monte Cook tomes he wrote before AU. And a few of the Birthright books I missed during its original print run.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2008 :  07:41:35  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thans for bringing this to my attention. I will head over at once and see what they have to offer.

For all who'd like do so as well here is the link: Nobelknight.com

Unfortunatelly my bugget is rather low these days.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 25 Apr 2008 07:42:14
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  03:38:00  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's only two days left for the sale. Just giving people a heads up if they still are interested.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  04:02:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... I've still got a couple of gold pieces to spare. Time to go TSR-book hunting!

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  04:12:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm... I've still got a couple of gold pieces to spare. Time to go TSR-book hunting!

Grin. Nice. :)

I'm kinda out of things to purchase from 1e and 2e..... uh, that's kind of sad that I've almost finished my Ravenloft material (except for 13 sourcebooks still) and I finished my Realms, Planescape, and Spelljammer material (except for the DM's screen for Jammer).

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  06:18:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only TSR settings I've still got to complete are Dark Sun and Birthright. There's a couple of books for the Star*Drive setting that I'm missing [mostly the adventures] and I think I still have one DRAGONLANCE SAGA boxset to purchase too, though nobleknight.com doesn't have the one I'm looking for. I may have to change it as a PDF from paizo.com.

Oh, and I want to replace some of my SPELLJAMMER novels.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  13:12:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The only TSR settings I've still got to complete are Dark Sun and Birthright. There's a couple of books for the Star*Drive setting that I'm missing [mostly the adventures] and I think I still have one DRAGONLANCE SAGA boxset to purchase too, though nobleknight.com doesn't have the one I'm looking for. I may have to change it as a PDF from paizo.com.

Oh, and I want to replace some of my SPELLJAMMER novels.

Cool cool. I should look into getting the dlance sourcebooks that I'm missing sometime to complete that set since I got all the novels. :)

My jammer novels cost me a fortune when I decided to buy them, much like these last 5 Ravenloft novels are costing me. :(

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:02:15  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See, I've recently spent a lot of money on online shopping, and I have the feeling it would not be the best idea to keep spending more at this time. However, I will check it out...maybe I'll change my mind.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:08:41  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Sigh* Why does stuff like this always happen when I'm financially challenged.

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:13:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Murphy's Law... Grin!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:13:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm one supplement away from having all the Planescape stuff (which is new for me; I only had a couple of Planescape items before the fire). Nobleknight doesn't have the one item I'm missing.

I'm two modules and a supplement away from having all the FR stuff (and this is more than I had before the fire, ironically!). The supplement they don't have, and the two modules would still cost $100. Since I'm currently unemployed, I can't justify that expenditure.

I do have all of the Spelljammer stuff and all the Al-Qadim stuff. I'm missing some of the Oriental Adventures stuff, but it's not all that hard to find and I've not yet made finishing that collection a priority.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:16:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

*Sigh* Why does stuff like this always happen when I'm financially challenged.

Ditto that. I'm unemployed. The only way I'll be spending money on casual stuff any time soon is if I get a new job before my severance pay runs out.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:22:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. Looking over some of my older collections, I just noticed I'm also missing some of the Monstrous Compendiums, a couple of adventure modules for Al-Qadim, and some stuff for Oriental Adventures.

I did manage to pick up all the "Alternity" books I was missing, though.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:37:49  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool Wooly. :) But bummer about the money problems. :(

And I always considered Kara-tur/Maztica/Zakhara material as part of my FR collection.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:46:58  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Wooly, I'll cross my fingers for you regarding new employment opportunities.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:48:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And I always considered Kara-tur/Maztica/Zakhara material as part of my FR collection.

I go by the imprint. Yeah, those settings are part of the Realms, but they were marketed as different settings, so that's how I treat them. Maztica stuff had the FR logo, so it's FR. Later Oriental Adventures stuff had the FR logo, but the original stuff didn't, so I list it separately. And Zakhara stuff all had the Al-Qadim logo, so it's listed separately, too.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  16:03:29  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I go by the imprint. Yeah, those settings are part of the Realms, but they were marketed as different settings, so that's how I treat them. Maztica stuff had the FR logo, so it's FR. Later Oriental Adventures stuff had the FR logo, but the original stuff didn't, so I list it separately. And Zakhara stuff all had the Al-Qadim logo, so it's listed separately, too.

Aye, but when I say I finished my FR set, I was including those settings since they are part of FR, least to me. :)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  16:57:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I often tend to consider them as just part of my extensive FR collection. That's mostly due to the fact that I'm regularly using material from both the Zakhara and Kara-Tur expansions in my Realms anyway, so it just makes it easier to consider it all as FR source material. Not so much with the Maztica expansion though -- I've not really had any inclination to use any material from those books in my FR.

Edited by - The Sage on 30 Apr 2008 17:00:13
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  17:02:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I often tend to consider them as just part of my extensive FR collection. That's mostly due to the fact that I'm regularly using material from both the Zakhara and Kara-Tur expansions in my Realms anyway, so it just makes it easier to consider it all as FR source material. Not so much with the Maztica expansion though -- I've not really had any inclination to use any material from those books in my FR.

Indeed, which was what I was trying to say except sometimes I pull out the Maztica material, but rarely. :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  17:36:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, either way, there's less than a dozen products that I need. Before the fire, I needed a lot more than that, and that didn't factor in the Al-Qadim stuff.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  17:49:30  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje, thanks for mentioning this sale. They had (off-setting) Bastion Press' Faeries, a supplement I meant to pick up for fleshing out the FR fey-vacuum. Thanks!!!

Bummer about the layoff, Wooly, but severance pay helps!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  17:51:46  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nod nod Wooly and no prob Monknwildcat. Faeries is a great book and it got even better when Steven said he edited it. I had a copy before that but its still a great book.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  21:42:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faeries is a book I had to buy twice. It was one of the very first ones I replaced after the fire.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2008 :  01:27:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I actually did buy two copies of Faeries -- one for home and one for work. I really do love reading this book, and it never fails to provide some new tidbit of curious fey lore that I can drop into one of my campaigns.

I also purchased a couple of the other Bastion Press books I missed during their own sale.

That's pretty much it for me though... my coin purse is empty!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000