Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Mining Pathfinder: Paizo's Forge Spurned Undead
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  03:33:50  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Somehow I'll have to try to make some room in my budget for Paizo's new offerings . . .

While the Pathfinder world is going to be Paizo's setting for their new adventure paths, both their GameMastery adventures and the Pathfinder line are going to have a lot of new monsters on top of other new material presented. Looking at these guys, I'm thinking that these will be pretty easy to port into the Realms:

http://paizo.com/image/product/secondary/Modules/8-Forge_Spurned.jpg

These are undead dwarves that have to gather souls to stoke of fires of their god's forge because they didn't work hard enough in life. I would love to throw some of these guys at PCs near a Duergar city, for example, and Droskar, Pathfinder's Dwarven God of Toil, has a lot in common with Laudaguer, the patron of Duergar.

More on these guys can be found in Paizo blog here:

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog

The description of the forge spurned is about halfway down the blog.

I just love these guys, and if Paizo produces as many new monsters as they are planning, even if I don't use the other material, I might have to pick up their products.

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  04:52:24  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm also liking the look of Pathfinder, even though I doubt I'll be running any of the adventures. I'll buy the first couple of issues, at least.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  08:41:45  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

I must say I was drawn into the ad in Dragon this month for Pathfinder. It sounds like it will receive a fair bit of attention and regular production too. Hopefully Paizo will be wise enough to feature more info in the last few issues of Dragon to tell us more

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Saime
Acolyte

Denmark
21 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  14:58:53  Show Profile  Visit Saime's Homepage Send Saime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

These are undead dwarves that have to gather souls to stoke of fires of their god's forge because they didn't work hard enough in life. I would love to throw some of these guys at PCs near a Duergar city, for example, and Droskar, Pathfinder's Dwarven God of Toil, has a lot in common with Laudaguer, the patron of Duergar.

You know, that actually a darn cool idea. I think I'll just steal it for my own campaign.

Go to Top of Page

Jhalad
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2008 :  00:41:01  Show Profile  Visit Jhalad's Homepage Send Jhalad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Somehow I'll have to try to make some room in my budget for Paizo's new offerings . . .

While the Pathfinder world is going to be Paizo's setting for their new adventure paths, both their GameMastery adventures and the Pathfinder line are going to have a lot of new monsters on top of other new material presented. Looking at these guys, I'm thinking that these will be pretty easy to port into the Realms:

http://paizo.com/image/product/secondary/Modules/8-Forge_Spurned.jpg

More on these guys can be found in Paizo blog here:

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog

The description of the forge spurned is about halfway down the blog.

I just love these guys, and if Paizo produces as many new monsters as they are planning, even if I don't use the other material, I might have to pick up their products.

Gaming is Life. The rest is just dice rolls.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000