Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Black people/nations in the realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Eladrinstar
Learned Scribe

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  16:48:20  Show Profile Send Eladrinstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Durpari aren't black, they're dark skinned, but not what we (Real world people) would call black. If we saw a Durpari we would think they were from India.

But yes, Turmish is black, and a good way to add racial diversity in the Heartlands for your players without having to go to Chult.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2012 :  05:23:28  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I like the idea of other "real world" cultures getting time in the Forgotten Realms. Medieval Europe, Asia and etc get their spot; so I made an effort to find a place for a warrior named Aja Sakumbe to hail from.

The area of The Shaar is the answer I came up with. To me, the Border Kingdoms were a fine example of colonial powers setting up on the edge of what was once the predominant domain of peoples much like the Zulu.

It fits for us.

That is what I love about the vastness of the Forgotten Realms, wiggle room.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000