Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Famous half-dragons
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Imp
Learned Scribe

231 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  15:57:11  Show Profile Send Imp a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any in the Realms?

[url=http://expensiveautomobile.com/2009-bmw-3-series-uk-version/]2009 bmw 3 series uk version[/url] [url=http://expensiveautomobile.com/2009-bmw-3-series-touring-uk-version/]2009 bmw 3 series touring uk version[/url]

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  16:01:42  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The half silver dragon-elf and Elaith's cousin mentioned in Dream Spheres and a short story in Dragon. Tincheron, I believe.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  19:34:20  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know how "famous" they are, but there are some Dragonborn in the first three books of The Brotherhood of the Griffon, and Myshik (who is actually half dragon) from the Empyrean Odyssey.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus

Edited by - Aulduron on 23 Feb 2012 19:35:28
Go to Top of Page

RyanATX
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  19:53:12  Show Profile Send RyanATX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there is a group of half drow/half Shadow dragons in the WOTSQ...
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  20:08:56  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aulduron

I don't know how "famous" they are, but there are some Dragonborn in the first three books of The Brotherhood of the Griffon, and Myshik (who is actually half dragon) from the Empyrean Odyssey.

Myshik is going to be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno next week, that should qualify as famous.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  20:17:23  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RyanATX

Yes, some members of House Jaelre.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Imp
Learned Scribe

231 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  20:42:40  Show Profile Send Imp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aulduron

quote:
Originally posted by RyanATX

Yes, some members of House Jaelre.

I think you've mistaken House Jaelre with house Chaulssin, who is full of half-shadow dragon drows.

[url=http://expensiveautomobile.com/2009-bmw-3-series-uk-version/]2009 bmw 3 series uk version[/url] [url=http://expensiveautomobile.com/2009-bmw-3-series-touring-uk-version/]2009 bmw 3 series touring uk version[/url]
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  20:45:25  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're right, of course. I've been reading too many books. I get them mixed up. Jaerle is the House in Cormanthyr.

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  16:21:54  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Underdark you can find a derro half dragon lich ruling one city

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Demron
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  19:12:32  Show Profile Send Demron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is also the Sisterhood of Essembra in Battledale. They are almost exclusively female half song dragons.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  19:21:48  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kno

That is borderline absurd

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  20:27:04  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a half-dragon in CotSQ.

And I think I remember some other, but I can't find the sources right now...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  22:10:57  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was one in "Waterdeep: City of Splendors" who worked for Eliath, I beleive. don't recall his name. Was it the same one from "Dream Shperes"? I seem to recall he was a half-silver. And FWIW, I have a pair of them (half-gold/Moon elf)roaming Faerun over at the inn.... Twins, no less!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  22:15:19  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. Maybe it was Waterdeep (which I didn't care for) it must be time to give Dream Spheres (arguably Elaine's best) another read.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  22:19:44  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forestlord Elves

Quamara Keleidsa is a moon elf renegade from a family that was split in half due to the acceptance of the N'Tel'Quess into Myth Drannor. Although she claims to be from “House Keleidsa” and has claimed ancestral territory in the Archwood, no record can be found of a “House Keleidsa” in any elven records, and it has been theorized that the house may have splintered even further after its initial split, and that the original renegades may have been further banished from the Eldreth Veluuthra after entering into pacts with green dragons and drow.

Quamara has allied herself with displaced “spider kisser” drow, and has taken one as her lover, and has begun to take on some of the affectations of a matron mother. These drow aid in trade missions into the Underdark with the various races there. Further, Quamara has found a way to infuse the essense of a green dragon upon herself, making herself into a half-dragon (though her draconic aspects are somewhat less than what other half-dragons might show).

Quamara has also infused many of the elves of “House Keleidsa” with lesser amounts of draconic essense, and thus has created a force of Forestlord Elves that are able to monitor the nearby dalesmen and scout and spy for the house, as well as performing various assassinations that she might deem needful to maintain her hidden fortress within the Archwood.

From the scrolls here

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  06:15:47  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by Kno

That is borderline absurd

Seriously, that thing has got to be crackerjack crazy.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  16:32:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Half-dragons, whether the 2e variety (which I prefer) or the 3e variety, have received little attention in the published Realms.

I once created some 2e half-dragon NPCs that I dropped into Waterdeep, but I decided to tweak the concept and then lost interest in them. Right now, my NPC-creation energies have been focused on a sorcerer inspired by draconians, three different Realmsified warforged (different flavors for each), a legless mage, and an all-female adventuring party and the unique archlich-like mentor they have.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 25 Feb 2012 16:32:24
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  16:53:06  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly's Angels? Do tell...

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 25 Feb 2012 16:55:39
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  17:24:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Heh, I'm still fiddling with the concept (haven't figured out how to bring in the bard character, for example)... The archlich-like guy was a separate idea, and the all-female adventuring group was another (mostly inspired by the one in Ruins of Myth Drannor). I was more recently thinking of the archlich when it occurred to me to mix him with the all-girl group. It's not really a Charlie's Angels thing; he is more of a mentor to the group mage and backup firepower, when needed. The girls do their own thing, and one of them has a mentor.

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  17:27:34  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should post more when you've got it sorted. I'd happily read it. And I'm still waiting to hear your Warforged in the Realms theories.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  18:52:47  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Heh, I'm still fiddling with the concept (haven't figured out how to bring in the bard character, for example)... The archlich-like guy was a separate idea, and the all-female adventuring group was another (mostly inspired by the one in Ruins of Myth Drannor). I was more recently thinking of the archlich when it occurred to me to mix him with the all-girl group. It's not really a Charlie's Angels thing; he is more of a mentor to the group mage and backup firepower, when needed. The girls do their own thing, and one of them has a mentor.

This reminds me Wooly, of one of the Wyrms of the North articles in which the dragon had himself a posse of all female adventurers. I gotta dig that up.

edit: Found it. Galadaeros. Maybe this will help ye.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 25 Feb 2012 18:57:05
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  02:31:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You should post more when you've got it sorted. I'd happily read it. And I'm still waiting to hear your Warforged in the Realms theories.

Yeah, I've been wanting to complete those, but between 55-hour work weeks and a baby, my free time is pretty much gone.

Two of the types are fully written up, and the third is partially done... Though I've decided to go back in and detail an example of each, so that will add to the overall project...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  02:33:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

This reminds me Wooly, of one of the Wyrms of the North articles in which the dragon had himself a posse of all female adventurers. I gotta dig that up.

edit: Found it. Galadaeros. Maybe this will help ye.

Thanks for the reference.

My group is just your average bunch of adventurers, with the only real difference being the archlich-type. Nothing really special about them, I just wanted to have an all-female group.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  03:21:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yeah, I've been wanting to complete those, but between 55-hour work weeks and a baby, my free time is pretty much gone.

Two of the types are fully written up, and the third is partially done... Though I've decided to go back in and detail an example of each, so that will add to the overall project...

I'm re-issue my offer to provide assistance, Wooly, if you're still interested.

As you know, I've long been working on my own attempts at introducing warforged-like constructs into the Realmslore. And while my own attempts can be just as slow-going, I've always appreciated your ability to act as a sounding board in such ramblings.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  06:02:16  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, nothing too special about an arch-lich for a patron. No big. As for all girl groups, I want one too.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  06:14:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

I'm re-issue my offer to provide assistance, Wooly, if you're still interested.

As you know, I've long been working on my own attempts at introducing warforged-like constructs into the Realmslore. And while my own attempts can be just as slow-going, I've always appreciated your ability to act as a sounding board in such ramblings.

They're all basically done, it's just finding the time to commit what's in me head down to paper. I have the Dragon Naturally Speaking software on my computer, maybe I should finally give it a try...

Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2421 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  06:45:12  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a very famous, but still known in narrow circles more widely than she'd like to: Narnra Shalace.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2012 :  10:23:26  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Not a very famous, but still known in narrow circles more widely than she'd like to: Narnra Shalace.

I've heard of her. Maerjanthra Shalace the sorceress (aka Lady Maerjanthra of the Gems, jeweler to the nobility in Waterdeep) & Elminster Aumar begat Narnra Shalace. Maerjanthra is a song dragon called Joysil. That's all I can remember other than the book it was in...Elminster's Daughter I believe.

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000