Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Fox-at-Twilight by de Bie and Costa
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  02:50:49  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

[Well, Davoren does have a writeup which is post-Depths. He did survive the epilogue, at least somehow.

That would be the Warlock article by yourself and Etyan Bernstein on the Wizards site?

Indeed, it is. And for those not familiar with the article Erik and Merrick are referring to, you can find the article here:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070314

Note that this particular "Class Chronicles" could be considered a SPOILER of sorts, so some scribes might not want to read it until after they're done with the novel.

That series of articles were some of the best the website has ever put out there

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  18:16:07  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You got that right. Eytan kicks arse.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  00:50:24  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, what were the 'real' classes of Liet and Slip?

I'm guessing that they both had several levels in the Thrall of Demogorgon PrC.
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  00:52:52  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, Davoren does have a writeup which is post-Depths. He did survive the epilogue, at least somehow.

The *how* of it might be a great story in itself.

Easy, he told Tlork about everything that would happen to the 4th Ed Realms. Not even a troll could swallow that.
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  00:57:27  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Depths SPOILERS!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

But one, well two, points -- shouldn't both Slip and Liet actually be of a higher level, Chaotic Evil in alignment, and possess at least a few levels in the Thrall of Demogorgon Prestige Class?

Good points. Tom has the right of it. To further expound:

Well, I never presented Slip as being all that powerful--just clever. That level gives her access to all the powers that she uses in the book. Her patron deity and alignment are listed that way in the PDF so as not to spoil Depths too much. In actuality, they are Demogorgon and CE respectively.

While *Liet* is only a warrior 5 and of the listed alignment, *Gestal* is not statted out in the PDF . . . If he were, likely you'd see a mix of fighter/cleric/thrall of demogorgon and chaotic evil. He would probably be around 20th level, if not actually epic.

END SPOILERS!!!

Cheers

Thanks for answering this, it's very helpful. Now I just wish I would get a heads-up from the sit to my e-mail like I used to.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  15:29:52  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Easy, he told Tlork . . . [snip]

Ardashir, I respect your opinion, but would you please remove your comment about the 4e Realms? This isn't the time or place for that discussion.

quote:

BTW, what were the 'real' classes of Liet and Slip?
I'm guessing that they both had several levels in the Thrall of Demogorgon PrC.

Well "Liet" is what was previously established, "Slip" is about a 10-12th level rogue/favored soul with a caster level of at least 8, Gestal is a 20-epic level cleric/fighter/thrall of demogorgon with at least a caster level of 16, and Daltyrex is a 16-18th level rogue/favored soul/thrall of demogorgon with a caster level of at least 12. No more detail than that--do whatever works for your party! :)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

dcpuser
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  06:45:17  Show Profile  Visit dcpuser's Homepage Send dcpuser a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Tom and Erik.

May I ask how Twilight went from the following stats in Level 1:

Str 11, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 12.

To this at level 16?

Str 11 (+0), Dex 22 , Con 12 (+1), Int 22 (+6), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 16

At the most she would have only gained 4 ability points but the increases there show more than that obviously. Is this part of a template (like the Chosen templates)?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
969 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  12:24:33  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure and yes its from the template that's posted on this thread. Here was the math: 25-point base build: Str 11, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 12,+2 race to Dex, -2 race to Con +4 Trickster-touched to Dex, Int, and Cha; +1 Int at 4th and 8th, +1 Dex at 12th and 16th, +2 more to Dex and Int from Trickster-touched at 5th, (+2 Dex and Cha from magic).
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
969 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  12:26:39  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See the bottom of page 1 for the Trickster-Touched template abilities. Of course all that said, Erik has said several times and I agree, novel characters shouldn't be entirely constrained by game rules, but that said, we tried to capture everything as balanced and game wise as we could. Hopefully we did okay.
Go to Top of Page

Kamuraki
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  05:32:02  Show Profile  Visit Kamuraki's Homepage Send Kamuraki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, but here's a question. Does a person get a choice about becoming Trickster-Touched? Because if they do, I have a character who I've been brainstorming writing a few short stories or a novel (if I ever find the time to sit down and work on it, what with other writing, acting, and voice work projects I'm involved in) about, who is being casually courted by Erevan Ilesere's surrogates to become one of his favored opperatives. But the character is on the fence about it since his very nature tells him to reject the overtures of authority, even if it's divine.

The character stems from my line of thought not long ago that the realms needs sort of a Lupin the 3rd type character right now. The lovable, womanizing, incorrigible scoundrel who really isn't in the thieving business for the money so much as he is for the thrills and fun. Plus he has an ego and loves being the talk of the major cities of... maybe Tethyr, maybe the Sword Coast, haven't decided yet.

EDIT: Sorry if this strays a bit off of Twilight herself, but I'm more curious about the whole relationship between Erevan Ilesere and those who catch his eye, for obvious reasons. Loved Twilight though.

And I refuse to call elves anything but ELVES!

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

- Douglas Adams

Edited by - Kamuraki on 21 Oct 2008 06:35:08
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
969 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  11:49:43  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Twilight is Erik's concept. The trickster-touched is both of ours (but still more his), since Twilight isn't a chosen, but more than your average elf. And of course, none of this is official, though I suppose what we wrote is as close as it gets on this matter. And I can't speak for Erik.

So with all of those explanations and caveats. I'd say use what we wrote, however you like for your own shorties and your own games.

If you're hoping to sell the stories to WotC or elsewhere, however, you'd do better to have at least a courtesy conversation with Erik and ask his permission first and figure out what copywright rules you may or may not be bumping into.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  15:32:18  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Kam--let's see if I can't field a couple of those questions. None of this is *official*, mind (Tom and my writeup isn't canonical by any means), but it's my opinion, if you're interested.

quote:
Originally posted by Kamuraki

Ah, but here's a question. Does a person get a choice about becoming Trickster-Touched?

Usually not.

When dealing with gods, unless you're really, really powerful (enough to break the rules of destiny), you really don't have a whole lot of choice or say in the matter unless the god chooses to give it to you. Some gods are more or less interested in free will/choice, but fantasy is replete with stories of unlikely heroes being godsmacked with a grand destiny and divine power regardless of their previous background or beliefs. Erevan--a trickster deity known for derailing people's lives--is one of those deities who I envision as capriciously doling out his favor and seeing what happens.

Twilight herself did not willingly become Trickster-touched--didn't even know what was going on for a long, long time. And once she *did* figure out that Erevan had taken an interest in her, she did what she always does in such situations: run.

Her path toward self-awareness and acceptance/rejection of Erevan and his gift is one of the themes of her ongoing quest.

quote:
I have a character who I've been brainstorming writing a few short stories or a novel (if I ever find the time to sit down and work on it, what with other writing, acting, and voice work projects I'm involved in) about, who is being casually courted by Erevan Ilesere's surrogates to become one of his favored opperatives. But the character is on the fence about it since his very nature tells him to reject the overtures of authority, even if it's divine.

The character stems from my line of thought not long ago that the realms needs sort of a Lupin the 3rd type character right now. The lovable, womanizing, incorrigible scoundrel who really isn't in the thieving business for the money so much as he is for the thrills and fun. Plus he has an ego and loves being the talk of the major cities of... maybe Tethyr, maybe the Sword Coast, haven't decided yet.

Sounds like an interesting character indeed.

I wonder if Erevan hasn't *already* blessed him, and he just isn't aware of it. Priests of the Fey-Trickster might be coming to him because they know he's important somehow--like a potential Erevan operative--but even they don't realize he's already trickster-touched. His powers would manifest only when he really, really needed them.

Regardless of whether you go this direction, I think fantasy could always use more witty, tricky, devil-may-care elves. Go write your story!

Whether Wizards was interested in eventual publication (and you'd have to go through them at the moment to publish anything in the Realms), I couldn't say. I don't believe they're looking for new people right now, but you can always hold out hope.

As to whether to use Twilight in your story . . . well, that depends on why you're writing it. If you're writing it for publication and WotC goes for it, you're probably not going to want to use Twilight (they will likely insist--having her in the story is probably going to be a mark against you, actually), but you might throw in a reference to her.

Alternately, if you're just going to stick to pureblood Fan Fiction and aren't writing for publication, feel free to use her however you want. (Twilight's the sort of girl who'll try anything once. Or twice. Or many times, if you're cute.)

quote:
EDIT: Sorry if this strays a bit off of Twilight herself, but I'm more curious about the whole relationship between Erevan Ilesere and those who catch his eye, for obvious reasons. Loved Twilight though.

I'm glad you enjoy the character!

Twilight's relationship with Erevan is sort of an ongoing issue, so I can't say where it's headed (or even if it'll be addressed in future writing), because I honestly don't know. She's her own person, and will go where she goes.

In the past . . . well, conflicted is the name of the game. Twilight simultaneously wants to "belong"--strives for communion/intimacy with something/someone beyond herself--and simultaneously struggles under the weight of commitment to such a force beyond herself. She's still in the process of breaking beyond her barrier--one that she formed herself.

If you're interested in a psychological profile of Twilight, you might check out a discussion I had with the insightful Sage (one of your friendly-Candlekeep moderators) in my Chamber thread. Lots of different pages, but there's a lot to glean about Twilight. I recommend PMing The Sage, who'll surely do the helpful moderator thing and point you to his favorite bits.

quote:
And I refuse to call elves anything but ELVES!

Heh, ok then.

Elves vs. eladrin, low elves vs. high elves, wild/wood elves vs. moon/sun elves . . . they're all just different terms for the same sort of thing.

If I released a 4e writeup of Twilight (and believe me, she would indeed be *different* from the 3.5), it would include her listing as an "eladrin", because that's what she'd be under that system. Maybe "eladrin (moon elf)" would be the best descriptor.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  18:09:46  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the lovely fox at twilight............

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  19:23:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

the lovely fox at twilight............

Is that the start of a sentence?

'Cuz if so, I kinda want to see how it ends.

(Possibly naughtily. )

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Kamuraki
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  21:07:24  Show Profile  Visit Kamuraki's Homepage Send Kamuraki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt I'd write it for pure fanfic purposes. Not my style. Used to be, but now that I actually do real writing for various projects, fanfic wouldn't be a productive use of my time. Not that posting here is either, but one can only spend so many hours of the day on pure productivity.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

*Proceeds to chase kid through hotel with an axe, then dies of exposure in hedgerow maze*

Er, ahem...

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

- Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  22:00:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I happen to think that any writing you do--whether it be fanfic, writing for publication, writing for you, writing for friends/loved ones, etc., etc.--is productive in a sense. What's the *most* productive writing you can do depends on where you are at the time in your own development.

The first novel I ever wrote was a blatant piece of fan fic that ended up being 300 (no lie) single-spaced pages. (And while I don't have a precise word count for you, 100k about fills up 300 double-spaced pages.)

But that's neither here nor there and has nothing to do with the lovely Fox-at-Twilight, star of my 8-9th novel ever written, and my 2nd novel actually published. (Self-taught--lots of practice books.)

And on that point--will she appear again in a future novel of mine? Well, we'll see. Downshadow comes out in April, after all.

Cheers,
Erik
P.S. The Master of the Shameless Plug.

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Kamuraki
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  23:11:28  Show Profile  Visit Kamuraki's Homepage Send Kamuraki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, but I'm actually being paid to write the other stuff so, priorities and such :P

Anyway, Twilight is Erevan's lover correct? So does that mean she's had "immaculate" sex? Har har har.

*Ducks as objects are thrown at him for making a bad pun*

- Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2008 :  01:34:14  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kamuraki

Anyway, Twilight is Erevan's lover correct?

Well that depends . . . maybe, maybe not. If you believe what she says in RotE, then yes. If you follow the implication of the dream sequence in DoM, then no.

It should be noted that Twilight is a compulsive liar--but that doesn't mean *everything* she says is a lie.

And far be it for me to guide your way between her [ahem] secrets. There's lots of things she hasn't even told *me.*

quote:
So does that mean she's had "immaculate" sex?

Heh. Doesn't seem like the sort of thing she'd be into. All prissy and heavenly choirs--too high flatulent (sic).

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31743 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  16:39:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[...] Erevan--a trickster deity known for derailing people's lives--is one of those deities who I envision as capriciously doling out his favor and seeing what happens.

Twilight herself did not willingly become Trickster-touched--didn't even know what was going on for a long, long time. And once she *did* figure out that Erevan had taken an interest in her, she did what she always does in such situations: run.

Her path toward self-awareness and acceptance/rejection of Erevan and his gift is one of the themes of her ongoing quest.
Strangely, or perhaps not so, I've come to think that this may be part of Erevan's plans for Twilight. It's not a position that's wholly supported by what we've learnt about Twilight in the past but, as I see it at least, the ways of Erevan the Trickster aren't *supposed* to be easy for anyone to fathom -- especially mortals. So I look at it as a possibility, and one of many theories I currently have on this whole facet of Twilight's relationship with Erevan.

Thus, I kinda get the feeling that Erevan may be intentionally "encouraging" Twilight along her own "path of self-awareness," or at least helping her out here and there with his confusing ways and often contradictory, or so they may seem at the time, actions. It is Twilight's ultimate "acceptance/rejection of the Trickster god and his mysterious gift" that are his aims -- and that her perseverance and skill at navigating such meandering pathways of trickery will make her that much stronger. And, perhaps, have the added benefit of helping her to wrestle with some of her other "inner demons" before she finally "accepts" whatever destiny that may come as part of Erevan's gift. I've covered this somewhat in previous discussions though, so I'll leave it there.

Obviously, Erevan would probably prefer that she does indeed accept what he's offering. But, at the same time, he knows that a life of trickery isn't meant to be easy. So in some perverse way, Erevan probably thinks Twilight will/should be "thankful" for his divine attentions if/when she emerges from these trials as the confident, determined, and strong woman she strives very hard to portray, sometimes, when in the company of others, but, also, when she's also working best to remain isolated from "the group."
quote:
In the past . . . well, conflicted is the name of the game. Twilight simultaneously wants to "belong"--strives for communion/intimacy with something/someone beyond herself--and simultaneously struggles under the weight of commitment to such a force beyond herself. She's still in the process of breaking beyond her barrier--one that she formed herself.
Something we've discussed together several times in previous scrolls, which leads me to the following...
quote:
If you're interested in a psychological profile of Twilight, you might check out a discussion I had with the insightful Sage (one of your friendly-Candlekeep moderators) in my Chamber thread. Lots of different pages, but there's a lot to glean about Twilight. I recommend PMing The Sage, who'll surely do the helpful moderator thing and point you to his favorite bits.
Oooh, yes. They're among some of my favorite discussions here at Candlekeep in fact.

The *main* discussion scrolls are the Depths of Madness: Prologue & Chapters 1 - 7 and Depths of Madness: Chapters 14 - 19 scrolls. Also, we've gone back and forth on the issue over in the Questions for Erik Scott de Bie scroll.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 23 Oct 2008 16:46:52
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  17:22:12  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Sage!

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Obviously, Erevan would probably prefer that she does indeed accept what he's offering. But, at the same time, he knows that a life of trickery isn't meant to be easy. So in some perverse way, Erevan probably thinks Twilight will/should be "thankful" for his divine attentions . . .

Indeed--and let's not forget that Erevan, like all gods, has an ego. And--again, like all gods--his ego is GOD-LIKE.

I don't envision Erevan as being much inclined to self-doubt or questioning. He's always doing the right thing, whether or not he even knows why he's doing it.

So there IS a clever plan for Twilight . . . whether Erevan really has it all articulated or not. Details.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  17:55:12  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
screw the details.......
they both seem to work it out as they go so far....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  18:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

screw the details.......
they both seem to work it out as they go so far....

That seems like a pretty fair encapsulation of Erevan Ilesere dogma right there.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  22:08:15  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
also, are you sure she lies, or does she employ have truths to keep others at bay?

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  22:33:48  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh.

Obvious lies, subtle lies, white lies, half-truths, and full truths that only SOUND like unbelievable lies. And just when you think you've figured something out, she yanks the rug out from under you.

That's her defense mechanism. You stay off-balance--she stays in control.

She's the kind of person that keeps you from ever really knowing where you stand with her.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  22:37:33  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the fox at twilight: rogue 10/master infiltrator 10/ demi-god 10
tickster touched moon elf( eladrin)
exarch of erevan: misdirection

edit: changed out epic destiny, as i remembered i hate the chosen of:, as it only gives one power and demi god grants more powers, and they both end up at the same end..)

i hate epic destiny, legendary destiny would have been better

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit

Edited by - sfdragon on 23 Oct 2008 23:06:17
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  22:48:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm . . . that is a possibility. Not all the exarchs were listed in the FRCG, I don't think--Auril's exarch, for instance, which appeared in an article not far back . . .

Makes you wonder what Twilight's been up to the last hundred years.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  22:50:47  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know i know, she was very busy NOT drawing attention to her lovely self

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  23:11:59  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Makes you wonder what Twilight's been up to the last hundred years.

Ah. So you're saying she's still alive in the current Realms?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2008 :  00:47:26  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hypothetically, anyway. We're just discussing the various possibilities . . .

And "alive" is such a . . . strong word.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Kamuraki
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2008 :  01:15:59  Show Profile  Visit Kamuraki's Homepage Send Kamuraki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erm... undead chicks just aren't as hot as living chicks though, Erik.

Oh, on an unrelated note, listen to this song. It's an ode to all of us D&D players who're looking for or have found romance with ladies of similar interests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAzwdT3jVIg&feature=related

Any song that references collectible busts of Cthulu is a great song in my book.

- Douglas Adams

Edited by - Kamuraki on 24 Oct 2008 01:19:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000