Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Fox-at-Twilight by de Bie and Costa
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  15:09:21  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

You can make an unofficial build.

Hmm, I *could* do that, but it might be better to wait and see if/how she's going to reappear in 1479. New tricks, like I said.

Cheers

she better be in 4e

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  15:31:54  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry, I just can't help but spread my enthusiasum about certain things.

And it does my heart good to see your enthusiasm, Lyrna!

I hope to snare you into reading my (possible!) future FR work with promises of mysterious midnight-haired elves and their tangled intrigues.

That goes for you too, MerrikCale!

quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

she better be in 4e

That's what *I'm* sayin'!

Here's a fun thing to pull us back on topic--

If you could find one thing out about Twilight--past or present or future--what would it be?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31743 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  16:19:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only one thing?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36800 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  16:52:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If you could find one thing out about Twilight--past or present or future--what would it be?

Cheers

The history and relationship betwixt her and Erevan.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31743 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  17:10:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh! I like that one. And it's probably one of the most important questions fans would like answered.

As for what I'd like to find out... Well, Erik and I had previously discussed a few intriguing details about Twilight and her relationship [or lack thereof] with both her mother and father in the past. I suppose I'd want to know a little more about her parents and the rest of her family.

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Jun 2008 17:13:09
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  17:18:16  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good calls, guys. Keep 'em coming!

Who knows? The answer might appear in a future Realms book--if I ever write one, that is!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  18:23:43  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sorry, I just can't help but spread my enthusiasum about certain things.

I hope to snare you into reading my (possible!) future FR work with promises of mysterious midnight-haired elves and their tangled intrigues.

Cheers

Is it too early to pre-order an autographed copy??

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  18:26:17  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cheers

Any children with Gargan?

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  18:44:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Is it too early to pre-order an autographed copy??

Ha! I appreciate the vote of confidence, but there's no book I know of. (Yet.)

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Any children with Gargan?

Ooh, now there's a doozy.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  19:31:31  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see her still being unable to tell a straight story

( master infiltrator)

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  19:59:17  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

I see her still being unable to tell a straight story

Heh, agreed. Straight truth isn't her forte--she's probably no good at it, anyway.

(*On a tangent: As a DM, I totally make players roll bluff checks to convince people of the truth of things. Like if the PCs are trying to convince the guards that the sexy elf-lady who just charmed her way past them is really a spy--and not the Evermeet ambassador--they have to roll bluff checks opposed by sense motive/perception. They get a bonus if something is true, but they can still fail those checks and the guards go on believing their false information!)

But getting back to Twilight:

What would you know of her, SFD? If you could see one story told about her, what would it be?

I promise to try to work at least one of them into a future tale about her.

How about you, 'Lyrna? KEJR?

Anyone else?

(Feel free to make multiple requests as well.)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  20:49:53  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That goes for you too, MerrikCale!

If you write it, I'll read it. Seriously.

I'm still curious about her past. What was her family and homelife like? Why doesn't she keep in touch with them? Stuff like that.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 26 Jun 2008 20:51:25
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  01:35:08  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

possible? You better write something. I have enjoyed your books (especially the Twilght stuff) very much.

Not for nothing, but maybe they could turn the short story you had in the Realms of Elves into a story in the World of D&D Comic

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31743 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  02:20:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Anyone else?

(Feel free to make multiple requests as well.)
Oooh! Oooh! I've got another one. I'd want to know more about that dream Twilight had in Depths.

I'd also like to see the "vagueness" of her true relationship with Erevan continue. I do agree with Wooly that a little elaboration on just how Twilight serves the Trickster god would be nice. But at the same time, I actually prefer the "vagueness" regarding Twilight's status as a Chosen. Maybe she is, and maybe she isn't. It adds a new level of mystery to her character... a level that I'd prefer not to receive a great deal of attention in the possible future books to come.

It reflects my overall attitude regarding how most of the non-Mystran Chosen should actually be handled in the fiction. These characters should really just occupy a special, yet not completely defined, place in the faith of their god, not necessarily a Chosen, nor a mere mortal worshiper either.

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  09:26:55  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see her get tricked by some chosen of Erevan just to explain her name, either that or have her become Erevan's consort

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  15:45:06  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

possible? You better write something. I have enjoyed your books (especially the Twilght stuff) very much.

Well thanks! I'm glad you've enjoyed.

It all depends on WotC, and their choices depend on what's successful. The better Twilight's stuff does, the more likely she'll return.

quote:
Not for nothing, but maybe they could turn the short story you had in the Realms of Elves into a story in the World of D&D Comic

What's the World of D&D comic?

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oooh! Oooh! I've got another one. I'd want to know more about that dream Twilight had in Depths.

Which dream is it you mean?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  16:19:53  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
What's the World of D&D comic?

a series by Devil's Due comics that has to day reprinted the Drizzt, DemonWars, and original Dragonlance stories in comic form. They have been excellent so far.

The Worlds of Dungeons & Dragons is the newest series that reprints some of the stories. They have done RA Salvatores' Dark Mirror and a Dragonlance story in the first 2 issues (the second of which was released this week).

James Lowder is one of the editors of the series and there is a thread here in novels section where he solicited suggestions from us. I actually suggested the Greater Treasure. I think it would make a great 2 issue comic.

Here's a link to the site
http://devilsdue.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=78&Itemid=53

I know there is a Ravenloft story coming up and Elminster at Magefair as well

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  17:20:03  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah. I knew there were comics from Devils Due--I just hadn't realized they'd expanded as you describe. That's pretty exciting. Thanks for the rec!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  21:49:04  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah. I knew there were comics from Devils Due--I just hadn't realized they'd expanded as you describe. That's pretty exciting. Thanks for the rec!

Cheers

not a problem. Hopefully, it will be a comic one of these days

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  21:56:56  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope springs eternal, it does.

And wow, wow! It's quite flattering that you would rank "The Greater Treasure" up there with seminal Realms classics like RAS's "Dark Mirror" or Ed's "Elminster at the Magefair." I am extremely honored that you esteem the story so highly.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  22:31:28  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hope springs eternal, it does.

And wow, wow! It's quite flattering that you would rank "The Greater Treasure" up there with seminal Realms classics like RAS's "Dark Mirror" or Ed's "Elminster at the Magefair." I am extremely honored that you esteem the story so highly.

Cheers

Its one of my favorites

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31743 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  01:45:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You know, I'm not entirely sure now.

I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  22:31:26  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

It was the dream scene in the latter half of Depths of Madness, right?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  22:55:17  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the Foxy one needs to cross paths with Davoren again....

Maybe he is tormenting her and Gargan's child and Momma comes along to straighten things out!!

Go to Top of Page

Lord of Bones
Seeker

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  23:36:35  Show Profile  Visit Lord of Bones's Homepage Send Lord of Bones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to say exactly the same thing! She and Davoren seemed to have something of a past, but I wasn't sure whether it was limited to just her most recent 'adventure'. Admittedly, Davoren's return might be scuppered by the epilogue of Depths of Madness, but I can see him willing himself together again...

Come watch the Gentleman's Guide to Gaming!
http://www.youtube.com/user/clackclickbang

On my channel I review and dissect role-playing games with great gusto. Please do take a look and let me know what you think.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31743 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  01:38:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

That's probably the one. I don't have time to re-read the book over the weekend as my GenCon preparations are nearly complete [and I'll likely be heading out the door shortly]. I'll have to re-read the relevant sections when I get back.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  02:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There are two that I can recall: the dream about Liet/Erevan in the goliath village, and the dream/vision that's in the prequel companion story.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Bones

I was going to say exactly the same thing! She and Davoren seemed to have something of a past, but I wasn't sure whether it was limited to just her most recent 'adventure'. Admittedly, Davoren's return might be scuppered by the epilogue of Depths of Madness, but I can see him willing himself together again...

Well, Davoren does have a writeup which is post-Depths. He did survive the epilogue, at least somehow.

The *how* of it might be a great story in itself.

quote:

my GenCon preparations are nearly complete [and I'll likely be heading out the door shortly]. I'll have to re-read the relevant sections when I get back.

Looking forward to seeing you, Sage!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  02:28:00  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[Well, Davoren does have a writeup which is post-Depths. He did survive the epilogue, at least somehow.

That would be the Warlock article by yourself and Etyan Bernstein on the Wizards site?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31743 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  03:24:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Looking forward to seeing you, Sage!
Probably not as much as I'm looking forward to meeting you.

By Oghma, I've got such a list of people that I want to meet at Gen Con... I'm beginning to wonder whether there'll actually be enough time for me to visit the Con itself!

Edited by - The Sage on 29 Jun 2008 03:26:16
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31743 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2008 :  03:25:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

[Well, Davoren does have a writeup which is post-Depths. He did survive the epilogue, at least somehow.

That would be the Warlock article by yourself and Etyan Bernstein on the Wizards site?

Indeed, it is. And for those not familiar with the article Erik and Merrick are referring to, you can find the article here:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070314

Note that this particular "Class Chronicles" could be considered a SPOILER of sorts, so some scribes might not want to read it until after they're done with the novel.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000