Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Moorsedge keeps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2007 :  18:02:38  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Hi,

I'm looking for a reference on the Moorsedge keeps that can be seen on the FR Interactive Atlas in the southern high moor.

(I've already searched the many .pdf I have and found nothing)

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2007 :  20:56:13  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't see them in my Interactive Atlas.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2007 :  21:01:26  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I don't see them in my Interactive Atlas.

Load the map "High moor.FCW". (I have the 3 patchs installed).
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2007 :  22:57:05  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't immediately find the reference. If no one else does, I'd ask Eric Boyd directly.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2012 :  23:21:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*** Casts "Raise Scroll" ***

I guess no-one ever found these?

I see them in the FRIA, but I was wondering what canon source these were mentioned in?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2012 :  01:40:52  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

*** Casts "Raise Scroll" ***

I guess no-one ever found these?

I see them in the FRIA, but I was wondering what canon source these were mentioned in?

I got them put in the FRIA.

They are referenced in the write-up of the Fallen Kingdom in FR11 - Dwarves Deep.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2012 :  01:55:40  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarves Deep is one of my favorite books...

I just wish they would do more racial history books for the Realms now!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2012 :  03:29:34  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, Eric and I noted that the borders of the Fallen Kingdom as stated in FR11 included the High Moor and that this was a long way away from any of the realm's major population centres (save for the underground dwarven city of Kanaglym). Given this, we thought that the realm would have established a series of border forts/towers to have some forewarning of any humanoid incursions from their eastern borders.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2012 :  05:35:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, that's what I kinda thought (not that they were Dwarvish or from FR11 - just what they were 'all about').

Methinks there placement in the FRIA is a bit off... personally I'd spread them out a bit more and on up the western border of the moor.

Perhaps Kanaglym was the hub for all of them, and they were connected by Underways? That tunnel system beneath Dragonspear and the Moor seems rather extensive (perhaps some of it even dating back to the time of Miyeritar). According to the High Moor accessory, its so extensive it even has its own name - the Undermoor.

I guess when they pulled out of the area, they left behind a group of 'watch gnomes'.

The High Moor is another region that could use its own sourcebook, along with the High Forest. Such immense areas with so little detail. Thanks for all your help, guys.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Aug 2012 05:38:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000