Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Eilistraeen Items
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  22:55:44  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey there.

I was wondering what sort of mentions there have been in various sourcebooks and novels about the kinds of items Eilistraeens would use? I've got a few ideas for Bastard Swords, but I'm really interested in other, smaller items, particuarly musical instruments. Are there any that the Eilistraeens are associated with?

Thanks.

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  23:57:18  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only remember reading about the dancing and singing. A synonym of Elistraee is Lady of the Dance and I don’t remember other instruments mentioned.

Lore from Demihuman Deities:

At will, the Dark Maiden’s avatar can cause harp, horn or flute music to sound; and sing. At will, her song can affect undead and evil creatures of 3 HD or less as a repulsion spell; can stun any one being for 1 round; or can act as a knock spell.

Elistraee wields twin singing swords of dancing + 3 (each with all of the powers of a bastard sword of dancing and of a singing sword).

When she wishes to appear clothed, the Dark Maiden is garbed in a set of deep brown leather boots and a dappled green cloak that shifts its colours to match the foliage around.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  04:44:00  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A quick but not complete answer can be found here (3.0) : http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20020503a

Some more background and early lore (2nd): http://trismegist.nm.ru/de_eilistraee_eng.html

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  08:42:41  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out Dragon #315, it has a PrC for Elistraee worshipers: The Sin Eaters or also called Silverhair Knights. You might find something to your interest in that article, even though I don't recall a particular magical item right now.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000