Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Subjective opinion topic from the Baenre Princess
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2008 :  01:19:26  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

I thought there was a reference in Liriel's stories to Jarlaxle teaching her to toss daggers and the finer art of love.

It's been years since I've read the Liriel books, so perhaps the short story where she comes of age hunting the red wizard?
I think that it is in the Best of the Realms Volume I. I know I read that story recently, and the recent anthologies I have read are the Best of the Realms Volumes I & II (II is exclusively Ed Greenwood stories) and Realms of the Arcane (Elaine's story in that is about a pre-descent drow worshiper of Ghaunadaur who created the Saughin).

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2008 :  01:45:05  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right on, Hawkins! BotR1 sounds right to me, too! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2008 :  02:02:01  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
***SPOILER ALERT FOR RAS SELLSWORDS NOVELS***

LOL!

I just realized that, based on later revelations of Jarlaxle's parentage, Jarlaxle's Liriel's uncle.

This reminds me of my promiscuous friend who, upon returning home one Sunday morning, learned from his parents at brunch that his last night's lover was, according to family lore, his half-aunt, his father's illegitimate sister (the grandfather was a player, too...apples never fall far...).

All that to say, this stuff happens in small-town taverns and drow caverns.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000