Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Subjective opinion topic from the Baenre Princess
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  14:46:44  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have absolutely no idea where on earth am I supposed to ask this question so I'm going to post it here. Please tell me if I am being appropriate

I know its been asked many times what's gonna happen if Drizzt met the Baenre princess Liriel, but what I'm going to ask now is

Whats going to happen if she meets the other people, like

1) Artemis
2) Jarlalxe
3) Elminster
4) Wulfgar
5) Vangerdahast
6) Storm

and last but not least

7) Gromph? Her father

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  16:39:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She's met her father...

Anything else is pure speculation. It depends not only on who is writing the encounter, but why. The needs of the plot and the setting are a huge factor.

So we can't really answer this question. There is simply not enough information.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  18:16:49  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing. Sorry, Chataro.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  18:56:10  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Highly hypothetical question. Therefore I'd have to take up the same argument as Rino in Wooly... except for a comment on a possible meeting with Vandergahast. That seems most unlikely after he 'vanished into thin air'.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 14 Nov 2007 18:56:50
Go to Top of Page

Austran
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  22:18:31  Show Profile  Visit Austran's Homepage Send Austran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For Elminster there is an simple answer: Poor Liriel would be zapped to dust...

Jarlaxle would probably make some weird deal wherein he will have nothing to lose and much to gain. Liriel would agree for one (or both) of this two reasons: She would see some kind of logic in the his offer OR (less likely) she will be charmed by him and make the deal.

As with the others:

Vangerdahast: Wasn't he missing?
Artemis: No idea...
Wulfgar: Probably a good fight.
Storm: Why, in the Nine Hells, Liriel would meet her???
Gromph: Again, no idea.

Wisdom is only possessed by the learned.
Go to Top of Page

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2007 :  15:17:06  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would Elminster know about how she left the way of Lolth?

I'm curious about her and Artemis because I'm fairly certain that at least Artemis never met a female drow like Baenre. Just curious how he would behave

She met Storm through Elminster?

Gromph is the one I'm am truly curious about, You guys think if they have any chance of them patching up?
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2007 :  03:39:07  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Artemis - in his latest state of mind would tell her to "Stay away I'm No good for you"
2)Jarlaxle - WOuld find the fastest way to make money/power off of her, while convincing her he is enlightening her.
3)Elminster - Would probably set her up on a blind date with Lhaeo.
4) Wulfgar - would mumble something about turnabout being fair play...and make her into a darker version of Cattie-Brie
5)Vangy- Isn't he a dragon or some such guardian now?? If so he would eat her as an appetizer.
6) Storm would likely bed her within a half an hour.
7)Gromph- Hmmm I think he would kill her mother...take her as his own and try to run her life??

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  11:31:08  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last I checked, Storm was a female. And are you confusing her and A-lust-reil?
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  11:38:39  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he knows exactly what he's talking about in regards to Storm. Although I honestly think she'd make sure that there'd be dinner first.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  00:42:37  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chataro

Last I checked, Storm was a female. And are you confusing her and A-lust-reil?

According to Ed, Storm really is sorta kinda bisexual.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  02:59:10  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"sorta kinda," my character's left XXXXXX
Ahem.
Seriously, now:
Let me try to tackle the characters Ed would answer for: Elminster, Vangerdahast, and Storm. The short answer for them all is: It depends.
Is Liriel attacking them, or begging them for something on bended knee, or something in between?
In general, if Vangey encountered Liriel well outside of Cormyr with no thought in his mind that she might come to Cormyr or scheme against it, he'd simply withdraw. If within Cormyr: she must be captured, interrogated to see what she's up to, and then eliminated (unless she fits the "slim chance" use of being a bargaining/trading away chit).
Elminster and Storm are both Chosen; they are both secure and self-confident enough to see what she wants and is up to, before instant combat (even if she attacks them, they'll be overwhelmedly curious to find out WHY). Storm will mindcall other Harpers and other Chosen to back her up, and Elminster can as well but generally doesn't need to. El can indeed "take" Liriel with ease, and Storm might quite likely try to befriend her (or even bed her, though scribes seem to buy her exaggerated sexual reputation far more than they see her true nature; Storm is the nurturing, feed-you-soup-in-her-kitchen motherly type) rather than battle her. Storm can defeat Liriel, too, but the power mismatch is far less than Elminster vs. Liriel.
Chataro, I'm genuinely curious: WHY this question? Isn't the proper answer "Whatever the DM wants to happen?" Or are you using this as a way to better understand all of the NPCs involved?
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Akeri Rualuavain
Seeker

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  03:05:53  Show Profile  Visit Akeri Rualuavain's Homepage Send Akeri Rualuavain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

1) Artemis - in his latest state of mind would tell her to "Stay away I'm No good for you"
2)Jarlaxle - WOuld find the fastest way to make money/power off of her, while convincing her he is enlightening her.
4) Wulfgar - would mumble something about turnabout being fair play...and make her into a darker version of Cattie-Brie
5)Vangy- Isn't he a dragon or some such guardian now?? If so he would eat her as an appetizer.
7)Gromph- Hmmm I think he would kill her mother...take her as his own and try to run her life??

Mabe not that realistic, but really too funny to read your point of vue. Far away my favorit answer !

even if i'm more to think that the hooded one as the more realistic answer

Sorry for my bad English, I'm french born

The courage to follow our dreams is the first step to achieve our destiny

The tale of Eric and the Dread Gazebo
http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/98/Jul/gazebo.html
Go to Top of Page

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  11:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just curious as to what YOU all think the NPC will do to a drow. Because if I ask the same question in regards to Drizzt, I'll probably start another fan war here
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  15:03:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just curious as to what YOU all think the NPC will do to a drow. Because if I ask the same question in regards to Drizzt, I'll probably start another fan war here

Again, there's not enough information. It all depends on what's going on with the NPC, what the drow is doing when encountered, and how the drow reacts to the NPC.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  17:37:30  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Ahem.

*laughs* Well, it's a matter that (in my experience) can be surprisingly hard to define.

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  18:07:25  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand what you are trying to accomplish with this scroll, but it really seems a bit inane. There is not enough info to base these rabbit trails on more than THO has already.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 20 Nov 2007 18:09:03
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  20:53:07  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm, I'll take a stab at this just for fun. Beware, I've been drinking.

1) Artemis - nothing special I'd imagine. He's a human. Would just depend on the circumstances of their meeting.
2) Jarlalxe - in my mind... she'd sleep with him. Yeah, I'm kinky like that.
3) Elminster - in Elminster's mind... he'd sleep with her. Yeah, he's kinky like that.
4) Wulfgar - He'd probably watch her from afar.
5) Vangerdahast - He'd kill her for the safety of the state.
6) Storm - in my mind.... she'd sleep with her. Yeah, EVERY man's kinky like that.
7) Gromph - Daddy would give her spankings for being such a good, good girl

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Herkles
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  21:37:36  Show Profile  Visit Herkles's Homepage Send Herkles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Artemis-it depends, i am not sure if he heard of her, but most likely he would just shrug, and tell her he is not returning to menzoberranzan if you try to take me i am going to kill you, something along that lines. remember he never wants to go back there and i doubt he would be incline to work with a beanre female.

2) Jarlalxe- He would probably make some kind of deal with her to have a lot of excitement in his life. something that is entertaining and yet is very profitable, all the while manipulating her to what he wants.

3) Elminster- he is a chosen of mystra, Liriel's goddess, so I assume he might try and teach her some kind of sagely advice. I am not exactly sure how this encounter would play out.

4) Wulfgar- again, i am not exactly sure how this encounter would turn out. i assume it would have to depend on how they meet each other.

5) Vangerdahast- my knowledge on realms lore isn't exactly that great to know who vangerdahst is. so could some tell me who he is? i assume he is connected to the kingdom of Comyr?

6) Storm- i don't know much on her other then that she is one of the seven sisters. if she is connected to the harpers as this thread seems to suggest then i assume she would work with liriel, for some reason liriel strikes me as someone who could work with the harpers.

7) Gromph-now this would be an interesting encounter. first of all her father would want to know where in the abyss she was while she was gone, he might want to try and raise her to take the throne of beanre assuming liriel could be shaped to be the matron of the beanre house. I would expect he would want to know everything she was doing and all the things she uncovered, particularly any new spells that she has learned.

I am interested in knowing what would happen if she meet:

8)Arilyn and danilo
9)Elaith Craulnober
10)Araevin

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  23:14:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Herkles

8)Arilyn and danilo

She did briefly meet Danilo. I want to say it was in Daughter of the Drow, when she and Fyodor were trying to get into Waterdeep.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  23:43:17  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Akeri Rualuavain

quote:

Mabe not that realistic, but really too funny to read your point of vue. Far away my favorit answer !

even if i'm more to think that the hooded one as the more realistic answer

Thank You and you will soon learn that The Hooded One Always has the best answers! No kidding about that.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  23:44:53  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Ahem.

*laughs* Well, it's a matter that (in my experience) can be surprisingly hard to define.

What experiences would that be? I mean, my what an interesting life you have had Ryno

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  02:15:01  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What experiences would that be? I mean, my what an interesting life you have had Ryno

Heh! I wasn't talking about personal experiences, so much as the fact that a person's sexual orientation can be difficult to define depending on the details, and therefore each person seems to have their own opinion on it.

Go to Top of Page

Akeri Rualuavain
Seeker

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  02:30:25  Show Profile  Visit Akeri Rualuavain's Homepage Send Akeri Rualuavain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am interested in knowing what would happen if she meet:

8)Arilyn and danilo : Depend greatly of the meeting. Arilyn probably gonna take the fight... She is hot tempered. Danilo would want to make a song or lern to know her better... All the dandy thing propably.

9)Elaith Craulnober : Would slay her without asking any question. He's an elf, a thief, and he is trying to readem him-self for his daughter's sake...

10)Araevin : Don't know her sorry.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm french born

The courage to follow our dreams is the first step to achieve our destiny

The tale of Eric and the Dread Gazebo
http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/98/Jul/gazebo.html
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  14:15:04  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Heh! I wasn't talking about personal experiences, so much as the fact that a person's sexual orientation can be difficult to define depending on the details, and therefore each person seems to have their own opinion on it.

I didn't think you were, but I have to admit I was curious as to what experiences could make one think that Storm was "sorta kinda"!

She seems fairly obvert about her "proclivities".

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  20:44:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didn't think you were, but I have to admit I was curious as to what experiences could make one think that Storm was "sorta kinda"!

I got the impression that she generally prefers men. Although perhaps I confused her with a different character.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 21 Nov 2007 20:45:26
Go to Top of Page

Chataro
Learned Scribe

Singapore
114 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2007 :  16:55:32  Show Profile  Visit Chataro's Homepage Send Chataro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I created this topic simply to know of everyone's opinion of drow and famous NPC. From your answers, I can roughly gauge what kind of person you all think the NPC's are.

Arilyn would probably attack her rightaway unless Danilo isn't around then.

Elaith would probably behave the same as Arilyn. For all his actions and honour, he still is a Elf and acts very much like any other normal elf
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2007 :  04:31:13  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I got the impression that she generally prefers men. Although perhaps I confused her with a different character.

I think you have the right of it that she prefers men, but I would think that having a preference would not negate the fact she enjoys both sexes.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2007 :  04:33:26  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I created this topic simply to know of everyone's opinion of drow and famous NPC. From your answers, I can roughly gauge what kind of person you all think the NPC's are.

Arilyn would probably attack her rightaway unless Danilo isn't around then.

Elaith would probably behave the same as Arilyn. For all his actions and honour, he still is a Elf and acts very much like any other normal elf

I actually think that all of the persons in your origanal post have the "worldliness" and experience not to kill her on sight. I admit a few of them would lean that way initially, but all have enough confidence in themselves to parlay to determine her intentions before dealing with her accordingly.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2007 :  22:25:33  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think you have the right of it that she prefers men, but I would think that having a preference would not negate the fact she enjoys both sexes.

Well like I said before, it's surprising how many varied opinions about the subject are.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2007 :  21:30:34  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well like I said before, it's surprising how many varied opinions about the subject are.

Seems as if darn near everyone has one anymore

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2008 :  01:00:52  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought there was a reference in Liriel's stories to Jarlaxle teaching her to toss daggers and the finer art of love.

It's been years since I've read the Liriel books, so perhaps the short story where she comes of age hunting the red wizard?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000