Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Faerun Idol: Who makes the deity cut for 4E
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11803 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2007 :  16:52:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if we might see Tyr fall from grace somehow, then see Lathander become Amaunator again and take justice. Tyr might then have Hoar as a servant and Torm start serving Amaunator.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2007 :  17:11:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

29. Tymora/Beshaba (made different facets of one deity as a "cheat")

Until the Dawn Cataclysm, Tymora and Beshaba were one deity -- Tyche. And for the record, in the novel Tymora's Luck, both were very resistant to the idea of being rejoined as Tyche.

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

5. Xvim (I bet that everyone will look at me weird for putting him here)

Not I. I really liked Xvim; he's my fave of the evil deities. That's why I so strongly favor my "Bane is Xvim in disgiuse" theory.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2007 :  17:54:47  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The ones I really want to see survive are my personal favorites: Kossuth, Hoar, Valkur, Tempus, Gond, and Finder. Of course I would prefer to see the whole pantheon survive intact, but that's a pipe dream.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2007 :  18:05:06  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Tyr, but they need to come up with a better reason for losing his hand. It sounds too much like fenrir and whats-his-face from norse mythology

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2007 :  19:14:51  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aravine

I like Tyr, but they need to come up with a better reason for losing his hand. It sounds too much like fenrir and whats-his-face from norse mythology

You mean the Norse story of how Tyr lost his hand? Same god, same story.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2007 :  19:30:36  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:

Lol. I just hope they do not try to pull more RL pantheon deities into the Realms with 4e.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2007 :  19:53:42  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Until the Dawn Cataclysm, Tymora and Beshaba were one deity -- Tyche. And for the record, in the novel Tymora's Luck, both were very resistant to the idea of being rejoined as Tyche.

I know that Wooley.

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2007 :  20:39:20  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

quote:

quote:

Lol. I just hope they do not try to pull more RL pantheon deities into the Realms with 4e.

I would prefer that they kept the pantheon as Ed originally designed it, with the mix of real world deities and original gods. But to be honest I don't care much one way or the other about what WotC decides or does. I prefer the original pantheon and I have that available already.
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2007 :  18:04:16  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

yeah, that's the one.

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2007 :  18:29:32  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I would prefer that they kept the pantheon as Ed originally designed it, with the mix of real world deities and original gods. But to be honest I don't care much one way or the other about what WotC decides or does. I prefer the original pantheon and I have that available already.

Same here. Give me the triad of FR deity books plus the Monster Mythology for all the strange races, and I'm happy. I'm not changing a thing. I like the number of deities in the books; they each can have a place in my game, even if it's just as simple as being an obscure cult in one tiny little corner of the Realms.

I'm on a permanent vacation to the soul. -Tash Sultana
Go to Top of Page

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  20:05:58  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has psionics been mentioned at all? ie what about Auppenser, and the other non normal Faerun deities Toth and the others. The weave could in theory be restored if he were to take mystras place. I would think it would be ideal for Mystra to merge with Toth, take the shadow weave from Shar, and shift to a true neutral Alignment. but thats just me, and 4th is looking like a dumb idea to me.

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000