Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 New WotC column on FR site - "Class Chronicles"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  21:26:33  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein
- he can't have 10 levels in that PrC because it is only a 5-level PrC.

I thought he was just really good.

Had I designed the class, I would have made it a 9-level class (9 swords, 9 levels... hehe). But, I wanted to make him the same ECL, so that's a simple change.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2007 :  22:44:11  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really liked this article, and I was also thinking of the "slow introduction" of elements from the books, including having a few martial scripts laying around treasure hordes. Eytan, if you are reading this, any thoughts on what cultures might have been more likely to have martial scripts written out for their warriors?

Also, a question about the Bedine practitioners of the Desert Wind disciplines. Since this discipline has supernatural maneuvers, would the Bedine view a martial adept with this style as a a magic user? Would that person have to be a renegade tribesmen? I don't have a problem with that, because the outcast sorcerers, bandits, and such from the Bedine make Anauroch even more interesting, and there seems to be a fair number of said outcasts at any rate.

Thanks Eytan.
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  21:25:22  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

I really liked this article, and I was also thinking of the "slow introduction" of elements from the books, including having a few martial scripts laying around treasure hordes. Eytan, if you are reading this, any thoughts on what cultures might have been more likely to have martial scripts written out for their warriors?

Also, a question about the Bedine practitioners of the Desert Wind disciplines. Since this discipline has supernatural maneuvers, would the Bedine view a martial adept with this style as a a magic user? Would that person have to be a renegade tribesmen? I don't have a problem with that, because the outcast sorcerers, bandits, and such from the Bedine make Anauroch even more interesting, and there seems to be a fair number of said outcasts at any rate.

Thanks Eytan.

Hmm... as to martial scripts, I'd say that any of the cultures described might have them. I'd really have to think about it more.

Bedine nomad tribes and dervish types might be more likely to have such a tradition. The bedine might view it as magic or perhaps just a local thing they excuse individually.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2007 :  06:28:29  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The "Eastern Classes" article is up as well now:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070918
Go to Top of Page

monch9
Seeker

Poland
67 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2007 :  09:08:55  Show Profile  Visit monch9's Homepage Send monch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Oh no, it seems to be the final one! Hope Eytan has other web articles coming.

Monch
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2007 :  17:54:06  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monch9

Oh no, it seems to be the final one! Hope Eytan has other web articles coming.

Monch

That is indeed the final Class Chronicles entry. I do have other web material in the works, however.

Apologies to Erik Scott de Bie. Somewhere down the line in the process, his named became misspelled. Erik, please join me as Evan Bernstein, Eytan Burnstein, and Antoine Berdell in lamenting our fates.

Edited by - EytanBernstein on 18 Sep 2007 17:56:49
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2007 :  18:07:31  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That is indeed the final Class Chronicles entry. I do have other web material in the works, however.

I hate to see this one end, this series of articles has been an excellent addition to Realms lore. I look forward to whatever else you have up your sleeve.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2007 :  20:03:02  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Apologies to Erik Scott de Bie. Somewhere down the line in the process, his named became misspelled. Erik, please join me as Evan Bernstein, Eytan Burnstein, and Antoine Berdell in lamenting our fates.

Just happy to be involved!

As for my name, well, thems the breaks. I'm so used to my name being misspelled by this point that I just kinda expect it from people who don't know me very well (and many who do!).

My favorite one is still a solicitor looking for "Debbie Eric . . . Is she available?"

Cheers

P.S. "Evan" is my kid-brother's name, actually.

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2007 :  21:18:29  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
P.S. "Evan" is my kid-brother's name, actually.

Maybe he's the one that wrote the articles?

Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2007 :  03:55:34  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Regardless of their supposed authorship, I've really enjoyed both reading (and in several cases, such as the PHPII classes, using as DM) the column. Thanks again for the work!

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2007 :  08:11:01  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daviot

Regardless of their supposed authorship, I've really enjoyed both reading (and in several cases, such as the PHPII classes, using as DM) the column. Thanks again for the work!

I'm glad you got use out of the articles. I hope I (or someone else) wil be able to pick up some of the threads in 4e.

Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2007 :  11:25:20  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
care to spill the beans about the next thing in the workings?

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  01:45:02  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

care to spill the beans about the next thing in the workings?

Can't. I can say that it's not FR related.

Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2016 :  11:51:48  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Good job gathering up the gods. I see you mixed some from MM and Dragonomicon. I also noticed a couple were missing, and was wondering if there was anything to support the below assumptions

Asgorath = Io? This is almost a shoe in given their descriptions, but...

Null = Falazure + Chronepsis ?? Is Null something like the three part elven deity. It would be kind of weird because Chronepsis is hinted at being Io's brother and Falazure is Io's son, but maybe something was mentioned somewhere of a takeover that I never noticed and Null uses those Alias'

Kalzareinad (dead dragon god of secrets) = where'd this one come from

Holy necro, Batman!

Anyway, thought I'd chip in; Null as an entity does not exist. Falazure and Chronepsis are worshiped as him in different aspects; the Watcher is Chronepsis and the Reaver is Falazure. Any dragon that dies venerating Null ends up in the divine realms of either deity depending on the ethos he held in life.

Presumably, those shadow dragons native to the Shadow Plane muffle a snigger whenever they hear someone praying to their boss as 'Null'.

The relationship between Falazure and his more famous siblings is rather murky. MM notes that Falazure is a lot calmer and more restrained than the reckless Tiamat, so he probably takes advantage of the war between Bahamut and Tiamat to foster his clergy in peace. He's allied with Nerull, but his Realms allies would be Myrkul and later Velsharoon.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000