Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Running Saltmarsh in Harrowdale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nblanton
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2024 :  13:32:06  Show Profile Send nblanton a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've finally convinced my 5E group to run a 2E campaign. I'm currently setting up a sandbox for the Harrowdale region and it seemed like a great place to plop the Saltmarsh adventure series in the Realms.

Has anyone done this? Any ideas that would make it run better? I've also decided to stick Bruce Cordell's Shattered Circle nearby as well as a couple older Dungeon adventures, particularly Clarshh's Sepulcher and have the ruined and abandoned temple of Nergal be from a pre-Dalereckoning Untherian expedition that was searching for something to resurrect the dead deity, possibly the Infinity Stone in Shattered Circle.

Anyway, I'm open to ideas. I've mostly fleshed out the conversion but wanted to bounce the ideas around before we have session 1 Thursday.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2024 :  01:58:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's probably way, way too late for this, but can I suggest the southern coast of the Aglarondan peninsula? That makes your Unther connection a tad more logical and "stone circles" are a feature of the Yuirwood. Pyorrhoea sounds like either an Imaskari wizard, one of the followers of Thayd who escaped Mulhorandi vengeance before the Orcgate Wars, or if you want someone more recent, a renegade Red Wizard of Thay. Anyway, good luck with the campaign.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2024 :  21:40:42  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pyorrhoea sounds like an intestinal problem.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

nblanton
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2024 :  02:20:19  Show Profile Send nblanton a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, if I ever get a chance to speak with Mr. Cordell, that would be the one question I would ask him.

Definitely not too late. I'm expecting session 1 on Thursday, 4/4. So, I've got a few days to rework things.

Well, since I've been given a direction by someone who did this stuff for a living, I think I'll go that route. I've been pretty consistent in running my campaigns in the Dales/Cormyr/Moonsea since basically the 1990s, so maybe it's time to branch out.

One thing I guess I forgot to add was the timeframe I typically run in which is the late 1360s of the 2E setting after the Time of Troubles. I guess I can finally brush the dust off my Spellbound box set that I've had for nearly 30 years and never used for anything other than reading through it when I bought it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000