Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Cult of Orcus
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  00:33:45  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello!

I'm looking for any information about the Cult of Orcus in Faerún. Who makes it up, numbers, where they are etc. I'm guessing The Throne of Bloodstone and related adventures would have some information. Anything would be a great help, thanks!

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  01:40:25  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Hello!

I'm looking for any information about the Cult of Orcus in Faerún. Who makes it up, numbers, where they are etc. I'm guessing The Throne of Bloodstone and related adventures would have some information. Anything would be a great help, thanks!

Aye, the Bloodstone trilogy has most of the info about his followers unless you want to dig into Planescape material and 3/3.5e fiend material, like Hordes of the Abyss, etc.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  02:07:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a few bits in Unapproachable East. As well as both Champions of Ruin and Champions of Valor also.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  09:49:23  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is nigh to nothing known about them after the demise of the Witch King in Vaasa. Core info on him can be found in The Book of Vile Darkness and the Fiendish Codex I. Unless I am mistaken, even Unapproachable East only names one cleric.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
969 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  20:12:46  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course, information on Orcus himself, not specifically his Realms aspect, is wide and varied, starting with the 1E MM and his various appearances in Planescape products (such as Modron March). That said, you should also dig up all the information on Kiaransalee that you can as well as she was responsible for nearling killing Orcus and wiping his name from the multiverse before he returned first as Tenebrous and then once again as Orcus himself. You can also learn a little bit more in the 3.5E Tome of Magic under vestiges.
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
969 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  20:13:41  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I haven't looked in a while, but Necromancer Games used to have an essay on Orcus' history through 1E and 2E into the beginnings of 3E on their website. It may still be there.
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  20:48:46  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Actually, I haven't looked in a while, but Necromancer Games used to have an essay on Orcus' history through 1E and 2E into the beginnings of 3E on their website. It may still be there.

It's still there. Just follow the bouncing link

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11809 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  21:39:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grand History of the Realms also notes which rulers of Narfell were direct children of Orcus

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2007 :  08:19:45  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
General information about Orcus can also be found in the 3.5e Manual of the Planes, in the Chapter “Infinitive Layers of the Abyss”, of course, especially about his return.

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000